Zoom meeting with the client!!

dianaparkar

Question

Hello

My client is not a VID nor Business Fiverr a normal client who wants to do Zoom call with regard to NFT projects.  The problem is video call option is not available to this client and the client wants to share a Zoom link.  

Now, if I click on the link will it be against TOS ?? 

On the other hand the client wants to share the screen and explain the ideas in a better way with regard to the ongoing order which might get canceled if I don't use the link !!

I am stuck here. what to do? 

Any suggestion pls 🙂

7 answers to this question

37 minutes ago, dianaparkar said:

if I click on the link will it be against TOS ?

Fiverr Terms of Service:

• Communication for handling Orders should be performed on Fiverr, through the Order Page. Users who engage and communicate off of Fiverr will not be protected by our Terms of Service.
  • To protect our users' privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, s***e/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.

4 hours ago, dianaparkar said:

On the other hand the client wants to share the screen and explain the ideas in a better way with regard to the ongoing order which might get canceled if I don't use the link !!

And if you do use the link, you could get banned from Fiverr.

Which one would be worse for you?

I highly recommend you to text that this is against the ToS and you can't do this. If Fiverr will check your communication (and probably the will), they will see, that you never violated the ToS. If you do what the buyer wants, most likely you will not only lose this buyer, but lose your account, as @catwriter told.

As one of the options - if he really needs to show you something through the video and screenshare, he\se can make a short video and sent it inside of Fiverr, or send voice messages.

I'm new to Fiverr, but I can tell that there are clients who want to stay in the black during a deal or save money - to do a service in a shorter time than indicated in the gig, or pay less when they find a vulnerability in package sharing. And it is easier to manipulate the seller through video calls than through chat. Therefore, even if the zoom was not prohibited, I would still recommend the chat, because everything is easier to control this way.

Sorry for being too careful, good luck

Archived