Ordered patent drawings from two sellers. I received the identical set of drawings.

ahead1

Question

Hello buyer community! 

Thank you for any insights. I ordered from two different seller profiles for a set of drawings to be included in my USPTO patent application filing. Each profile displayed different countries, start dates, gender and stats. I sent my rough draft of the simple design and received the same set of drawings at the exact same time of day from each seller. Both sets needed the same revision! 😆 I am not upset, just suprised as I have only used Fiverr once before in 2014 for a book cover design with one seller and was a good experience. 

Is this common? If so, what other tricks should I be aware of?🤔 Planning to use Fiverr more in the future and was curious if creating multiple orders with different sellers is a good strategy as a buyer. 🤷🏽‍♂️

*NOTE: I have reported it to Customer Service and waiting for a reply. I have tried to cancel the second order since it was how I discover the clone and it was the more expensive order. I explained to the seller but they declined the cancellation and are begging to "talk about it to fix it" but I am not interested.

9 answers to this question

Wow that must've been one heck of a surprise to find out an actual glitch in the matrix 😁
Jokes aside, Could it be that both of them may have sent you an image that is already available on the internet?

You could try a reverse image search on google https://images.google.com/
Simply upload the images and it'll show you if they're available elsewhere online. 80-90% of the time it should work in giving you a reliable result.
You can also do a manual search on the internet with search terms that are relevant to the artwork as well. 

It was the right move to report it to CS. The "lets talk about it and fix it" is a dead giveaway of something fishy going on.

This Christmas Eve morning story has gotten even more entertaining! 

The sellers are actually married and apparently aware they were working with the same buyer! 

Even more audacious, the husband responded with the attached messages and sent another incorrectly revised drawing for payment!

Needless to say they lost my trust. I canceled both orders and wished them peace.

seller1-response1.PNG

seller1-response2.PNG

1 hour ago, ahead1 said:

This Christmas Eve morning story has gotten even more entertaining! 

The sellers are actually married and apparently aware they were working with the same buyer! 

Even more audacious, the husband responded with the attached messages and sent another incorrectly revised drawing for payment!

Needless to say they lost my trust. I canceled both orders and wished them peace.

seller1-response1.PNG

seller1-response2.PNG

Yikes!

The two sellers being married story does not make sense one bit. It's obviously 1 person (not very smart one) operating two accounts.
If in fact it is two different people, they can easily verify their identity and get their accounts back. However, it's highly unlikely that this will be the case since It's an absolute fraud to deliver the same result for two separate orders anyway.

Good thing you got your money back and reported the fraudsters!

@maitasunPreviously I have seen YouTube videos reviewing Fiverr and comparing the results by different graphic design sellers on the same project. I do not have a lot of money but I thought it might be worth it as a buying strategy to pick the best result from what I could afford. 🤑

Honestly, I am not sure if this is purely coincidence or, as @creative_howl mentioned, a not-so-bright individual with multiple fake profiles thinking they could get away with the fraudulent charges.💲

I am satisfied with Fiverr's quick actions to resolve the issue.🙂 But I wish they could put a system in place to avoid it for future buyers instead of suspending the profile. I also believe banning will not stop fraudsters from returning to the platform with a new profile.🚨

Next time I will likely try to contact the seller with any questions first before creating an order to gain a sense of trust.👀

Lesson learned: buyer beware!👍🏽

@ahead1, so I understand the "second" seller wasn't referred or recommended to you by the "first" seller.

I do agree with @creative_howl regarding the seller having multiple accounts, but what's scary is that it was purely by chance that you ended up ordering exactly from those accounts. Not any 2 random accounts, but those 2 which were clearly linked to each other.

Yes, it's wise to contact the seller(s) before ordering. It will save you lots of headaches.

On 12/24/2021 at 4:48 PM, ahead1 said:

Hello buyer community! 

Thank you for any insights. I ordered from two different seller profiles for a set of drawings to be included in my USPTO patent application filing. Each profile displayed different countries, start dates, gender and stats. I sent my rough draft of the simple design and received the same set of drawings at the exact same time of day from each seller. Both sets needed the same revision! 😆

The only question I have is: if they were married (same household) and both received the same order, what made them think it would be inconspicuous to send you the same file twice? Did they really hope to cash twice using the same file, even though anyone could spot the fraud from a mile away?

In theory it could also have been 2 sellers (who weren't married) where seller A outsourced to seller B. If the prices were different enough for one to have still made a profit by outsourcing.

eg. Seller B gets an order to create the delivery from the rough draft.

Seller A then gets the same order and same rough draft to create the work from and outsources to seller B. Seller B then thinks "I've already done a design based on this draft - I'll deliver (to Seller A) the same design I've already previously delivered on a different order (or that I'm going to deliver on a different order)."

So the OP gets the same delivery from Sellers A and B.

Archived