I found the best reason of loosing ranking on fiverr.

nahidkhan415

My Name is Nahid and I am a Level 2 seller on fiverr. I earned more than $40k  in just one year on fiverr. I used to be in the first place at first page on search result. But suddenly yesterday my gig de-ranked. Also my gig promotion service turned off automatically. Its showing unqualified now.

My gig is not available in the rearch result not even in 20 page.

I was so depressed and I was searching for the solution. The worstcase scenario is I see so many sellers facing the same problem.  

I contacted with support as well but they did not clearly mentioned any valid reason. So I decided to find it myself.

The most common reason of ranking down is the order cancellation. I contacted with so many sellers with same problem and they told they cancelled 1-2 orders for having too much pressure and unexpected orders.

I cancelled my orders from fiverr support and Never loose any ratings on profile. But it causes my profile down.

Please be aware when you are taking orders. Any cancellation can be harmful for your career. 

• Like 36
  • Sad 6
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 3

Hi I am facing the same issue of  gig promotion service turned off automatically and deranking for the third time from last year. second time it took five months to recover the gig ranking.

Do you know any tips to recover back soon?

Edited by hamzakhan578
  • Like 19
  • Confused 1

On 10/16/2021 at 11:41 AM, nahidkhan415 said:

My Name is Nahid and I am a Level 2 seller on fiverr. I earned more than $40k  in just one year on fiverr. I used to be in the first place at first page on search result. But suddenly yesterday my gig de-ranked. Also my gig promotion service turned off automatically. Its showing unqualified now.

I was so depressed and I was searching for the solution. The worstcase scenario is I see so many sellers facing the same problem.  

I contacted with support as well but they did not clearly mentioned any valid reason. So I decided to find it myself.

The most common reason of ranking down is the order cancellation. I contacted with so many sellers with same problem and they told they cancelled 1-2 orders for having too much pressure and unexpected orders.

I cancelled my orders from fiverr support and Never loose any ratings on profile. But it causes my profile down.

Please be aware when you are taking orders. Any cancellation can be harmful for your career. 

Same happened with me. My gig was showing in the first page . I had a buyer who was a scammer, she got the desired work and at the end she cancelled the order by contacting fiverr support team. After that my gig went down to page 11 which was so depressing with me. I think for now the only thing will work is getting more orders and reviews to get back to the same position. 

On 10/16/2021 at 12:47 PM, hamzakhan578 said:

Hi I am facing the same issue of  gig promotion service turned off automatically and deranking for the third time from last year. second time it took five months to recover the gig ranking.

Do you know any tips to recover back soon?

Five months, seriously? 😱 I think getting more orders and reviews will help now. 

• Like 15
  • Up 1

I know how you feel. As a Creative Freelancer ( Music Composer, specialized in Orchestral Mockups ) I faced over and over the same situation: 

1. Client Order
  2. You make the First Step Delivery ( Usually a Demo, a non-complete work )
  3. Client Love that.
  4. Make the Final Delivery
  5. The Client want to cancel the order and start to say things like "I don't like how it sounds, i want to cancel it"

And trust me, I really tried to understand why Fiverr Support accepted the Client motivation, But I really can't.

I love this platform, But I will never accept that kind of behavior from the Support, that seems all in the corner of the Client and nothing for the creators.

• Like 22

1 hour ago, nahidkhan415 said:

There is no such thing as being on the first page, and your idea of 'ranking' is incorrect.

'Ranking' is a fluid concept and is different for every buyer. Fiverr shows Gigs to buyers based on various factors including their location, average spend, account history, plus many other specifics. So just because you may appear on one buyers first page, does not mean you will appear on another's.

Well, yes, Of course cancelling orders is going to impact how your Gig performs. If you cancel orders, you aren't making any revenue for Fiverr and are not making their buyers happy. Fiverr likes money, as we all do, and also likes happy buyers. You keep making them money, they will keep pushing you out to a wider audience.

So what your saying is that you're essentially cancelling orders so that your seller rating was not effected, as you're expecting a bad review? That's called sanitizing your reviews, and is very poor practice. By sanitizing your reviews, you're manipulating how your potential buyers see you instead of competing the order to the best of your ability, and vetting your buyers by ensuring you can deliver what they want before you take on the order.

• Like 18

On 10/16/2021 at 1:14 PM, joshnadin said:

There is no such thing as being on the first page, and your idea of 'ranking' is incorrect.

'Ranking' is a fluid concept and is different for every buyer. Fiverr shows Gigs to buyers based on various factors including their location, average spend, account history, plus many other specifics. So just because you may appear on one buyers first page, does not mean you will appear on another's.

Well, yes, Of course cancelling orders is going to impact how your Gig performs. If you cancel orders, you aren't making any revenue for Fiverr and are not making their buyers happy. Fiverr likes money, as we all do, and also likes happy buyers. You keep making them money, they will keep pushing you out to a wider audience.

So what your saying is that you're essentially cancelling orders so that your seller rating was not effected, as you're expecting a bad review? That's called sanitizing your reviews, and is very poor practice. By sanitizing your reviews, you're manipulating how your potential buyers see you instead of competing the order to the best of your ability, and vetting your buyers by ensuring you can deliver what they want before you take on the order.

Thank you so much for your valuable feedbacks. But how can you say that I cancelled order becuase of not getting bad reviews? Is the only issues on fiver?

When my gig was in first page there are so many buyers who orders on basic package for their premium works. For example : someone ordered on 1 logo package but the in description he is asking for 3 logo with full brand guidelines. 

In that case fisrt I contacted them and describe everything and asked them to increase budget. But once they disagree then I cancel the order. Do you call this sanitizing?

• Like 14

14 hours ago, joshnadin said:

I totally understand what are you saying here. But there is many times cancelation come from Buyers and the System Punish you because of cheating client that want a Delivery for Free. That happen, We have to deal with that. 

Is not an excuse or something to mask a "Bad-Freelancing" or sanitize, etc. There is a button on Gig that say "Allow order from New Accounts" . 
Is that to avoid that kind of client? If Yes, I don't think that will be a good way to solve the problem, but the problem is true. 

Buy Hey. I'm ok with that. That is the platform, I love the way I can work with it and I will accept also the problems I can find. 
But trying just be positive in Silence isn't a good way too. Am I wrong? 

• Like 14

18 hours ago, nahidkhan415 said:

I would 100% agree to this. I got to level 2 in a matter of 60 days. Now I am so close to get the TRS badge. I have never ever cancelled any order by myself. I got my order cancelled from Fiverr support as the buyer got inactive for a long time. after the cancellations my gig got severely de-ranked. I would also suggest to never ever try to cancel the order.  

• Like 14

The most common reason of ranking down is the order cancellation. 

Why can't I find my Gig in the search? Why is my Gig not in the same spot in the marketplace?

In the marketplace, a Gig's position is based on the seller’s performance over a set period. Gig positions are not permanent and can rotate daily. 

There are many factors to take into consideration, some of which may include: 

• Order cancellations
  • Delivery rate
  • Responsiveness
  • The particular Gig’s maximum number of active orders in the queue, as based on your seller level.  
  • Other Gigs performing at a higher rate. 

Note: If other sellers are ranked higher, they may be consistently getting 5-star feedback, delivering on time, communicating quicker, and so on. 

It all counts. For this reason, ensure that you provide high-quality and original work, avoid late deliveries and cancellations, are responsive, and always remain professional.

The above, which lists many reasons, is from the Help Centre. 

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360011028318-Managing-your-Gigs

Edited by lloydsolutions
  • Like 15
  • Up 1

18 hours ago, aashirsulehriya said:

Same happened with me. My gig was showing in the first page . I had a buyer who was a scammer, she got the desired work and at the end she cancelled the order by contacting fiverr support team. After that my gig went down to page 11 which was so depressing with me. I think for now the only thing will work is getting more orders and reviews to get back to the same position. 

I had a scammer who was a highly rated buyer.  I did the work that she'd touted me for and not something I offer a gig for and then she cancelled.  On another occasion I had a buyer who would not give me the information I needed to help her.  I had to get time extensions and finally go to Fiverr support and mutually cancel.  I was told that it would not impact my algorithms because they'd helped me and supported me.  But now orders have dried up which is weird.

I'd love to be able to only take orders from clients who contact first.  Despite my opening example, It's frequently those that are placed without contact that prove problematic.

• Like 15

On 10/17/2021 at 3:48 AM, nahidkhan415 said:

When my gig was in first page there are so many buyers who orders on basic package for their premium works. For example : someone ordered on 1 logo package but the in description he is asking for 3 logo with full brand guidelines. 

In that case fisrt I contacted them and describe everything and asked them to increase budget. But once they disagree then I cancel the order. Do you call this sanitizing? 

I based my comment on your original post below.

Cancelling orders because of too much pressure would be a seller not managing their workload effectively, which would be the sellers responsibility, thus sanitizing reviews.

--

But, there is also a reason why the order completion target is 90% and not 100%. That's because buyers will extremely occasionally order a Gig which isn't suitable for what they want. But this shouldn't happen more than once in every 10 orders, which will still allow you to meet your target. If this happens to you more frequently than this, it would indicate the seller is not being clear enough with their packages, or isn't communicating effectively enough. Which is again, on the seller. I would say this happens to me maybe once every 200 orders. I target my Gigs at a certain demographic, encourage communication before the order is placed, and explain what I offer and the difference between my packages and what's included extremely clearly.

On 10/17/2021 at 4:08 AM, alessiomaria said:

I totally understand what are you saying here. But there is many times cancelation come from Buyers and the System Punish you because of cheating client that want a Delivery for Free. That happen, We have to deal with that. 

Is not an excuse or something to mask a "Bad-Freelancing" or sanitize, etc. There is a button on Gig that say "Allow order from New Accounts" . 
Is that to avoid that kind of client? If Yes, I don't think that will be a good way to solve the problem, but the problem is true. 

Buy Hey. I'm ok with that. That is the platform, I love the way I can work with it and I will accept also the problems I can find. 
But trying just be positive in Silence isn't a good way too. Am I wrong? 

As with any business you will ever run, you are going to have losses of revenue. If you own a shop, people are going to steal things. If you ship physical products, your merchandise will break occasionally. How you deal with it, learn from it and then implement new working methods in order to factor in those losses and also prevent them from happening again is what's important.

I vet my buyers extremely thoroughly before agreeing to partner with them. Choosing who you work with as a seller is just important as a buyer choosing a gig. Can they communicate what they want effectively? Are they polite? What are their reviews like? Or, do I just get a general bad vibe? If so, I politely decline their order and recommend they find another seller. This will happen in most cases before the order is placed, as 99% of buyers will message you if they've never ordered with you before and you prompt them in your description.

If they fail to message me before the order, and order something which is not within my skillset, or isn't the right package etc. Cancelling the order straight away at least means I haven't worked for free. If I do complete the work, I deliver it. I'm going to be paid for my time, bad review or not. As long as I can prove to support that I've delivered exactly within the requirements, the package and gig description, you should be fine if they try to get their money back.

Edited by joshnadin
  • Like 12

The most common reason of ranking down is the order cancellation. 

Yes and no. 

cancellation itself wouldn’t make your promoted gigs unqualified. I can tell you that for a fact because I have orders cancelled by CS and that has never affected my promoted gigs. 

Your “ranking” is based on your performance. Cancelling order it’s a drop in performance but something bigger probably happened that even your gigs became unqualified. There are a lot hidden metrics on fiverr that you don’t see, there are also hidden reviews and they might be very different even if your clients left 5 star public review. 

Your gigs being unqualified for promotion is an indication of drop in performance and not just a cancellation. And if your performance dropped then your search position also will be affected. 
If your impressions are more than zero then your gig is still shown to people even if you can’t find it yourself. 

• Like 16
  • Haha 1

I can totally related this to myself. 

When I got my first order, my gig was on top. Then after the second order the buyer disappeared suddenly before delivery. Till now, the buyer has not returned.  This has affected my profile so badly, I haven't got any more orders since then 😞

• Like 10

12 hours ago, joshnadin said:

I based my comment on your original post below.

Cancelling orders because of too much pressure would be a seller not managing their workload effectively, which would be the sellers responsibility, thus sanitizing reviews.

--

But, there is also a reason why the order completion target is 90% and not 100%. That's because buyers will extremely occasionally order a Gig which isn't suitable for what they want. But this shouldn't happen more than once in every 10 orders, which will still allow you to meet your target. If this happens to you more frequently than this, it would indicate the seller is not being clear enough with their packages, or isn't communicating effectively enough. Which is again, on the seller. I would say this happens to me maybe once every 200 orders. I target my Gigs at a certain demographic, encourage communication before the order is placed, and explain what I offer and the difference between my packages and what's included extremely clearly.

As with any business you will ever run, you are going to have losses of revenue. If you own a shop, people are going to steal things. If you ship physical products, your merchandise will break occasionally. How you deal with it, learn from it and then implement new working methods in order to factor in those losses and also prevent them from happening again is what's important. I vet my buyers extremely thoroughly before agreeing to partner with them. Choosing who you work with as a seller is just important as a buyer choosing a gig. Can they communicate what they want effectively? Are they polite? What are their reviews like? Or, do I just get a general bad vibe? If so, I politely decline their order and recommend they find another seller. This will happen in most cases before the order is placed, as 99% of buyers will message you if they've never ordered with you before and you prompt them in your description.
If they fail to message me before the order, and order something which is not within my skillset, or isn't the right package etc. Cancelling the order straight away at least means I haven't worked for free. If I do complete the work, I deliver it. I'm going to be paid for my time, bad review or not. As long as I can prove to support that I've delivered exactly within the requirements, the package and gig description, you should be fine if they try to get their money back.

What are you not mentioned in your Good and Right Comment is that : Fiverr is an incredible platform and We PAY To use that. ( 20 % + Fees  of every order ) . That make you and Fiverr in a contract. This is not my shop, this is like a Corporate. I pay for a Service, NOT just the Client. 

And I don't want to mention here the question about the intellectual property because I understand that there is a lot of differences country by country. 

As I said, I'm totally fine on how Fiverr work. But stand there saying "Everything is Perfect here, you are the only reason your profile is going wrong" sounds not positive at all, and I think that is your attitude, being positive. And i'm totally positive too. 

Just try to think about that : When you pay a service , with taxes or with a fixed price, you are a Client too. Fiverr ( like everything ) is something can be better. Saying otherwise is not positive, is negative.

• Like 10

Hi,

I'm also facing the same problem 2nd time, gig promotion disqualified, deranked all my gigs. Most of the Buyer requests are fake. Unable to find any solution. It's not fair to do with a experienced seller.  Once I'm getting a lot of orders and expected more for future and suddenly everything is stopped. I feels like insecure career.

• Like 10

• 1 year later...