Customers on Fiverr

adrian_studio

Question

Hi, I have a question about customers, or some potential customers. If I simply contact a customer who bought from my competitor and left him a review, and I talk to him about a more advantageous offer from me and what he can receive in addition from me compared to the competitor, can I be sanctioned? I would like to read these rules somewhere but I can't find them, in fact I didn't search too much either. However, I would like to ask you directly, if possible or to be sanctioned, if I simply ask questions, if he is interested in my offer, my gig, anyone on the fiverr platform. You understand my idea, I'm waiting for an answer, thank you !!

8 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, adrian_studio said:

If I simply contact a customer who bought from my competitor and left him a review, and I talk to him about a more advantageous offer from me and what he can receive in addition from me compared to the competitor, can I be sanctioned?

Even if you tried, you can't contact a customer anyway unless that person contacted you first. If said person is simply a buyer's profile.

1 hour ago, adrian_studio said:

If I simply contact a customer who bought from my competitor and left him a review, and I talk to him about a more advantageous offer from me and what he can receive in addition from me compared to the competitor, can I be sanctioned?

You can get a warning for spam (on Fiverr, even one unsolicited message is considered to be spam) and you can get banned from Fiverr.

1 hour ago, adrian_studio said:

in fact I didn't search too much either.

You might want to read Fiverr's Terms of Service, then. If you break the rules, saying that you didn't search too much isn't going to help.

@catwriter@theratypist@andywarburton  But what if I just message a seller? about a service and I ask him for details about those services, is it still spam? I'm new to the fiverr platform and I don't really know. Or if I create another fiverr account with another ip and give them a message and redirect them to my fiverr account to buy from there?

14 minutes ago, adrian_studio said:

But what if I just message a seller? about a service and I ask him for details about those services, is it still spam?

If you are inquiring about a service you genuinely want to purchase then that is fine. Note, that the mention of spam above is regarding unsolicited messages.

16 minutes ago, adrian_studio said:

Or if I create another fiverr account with another ip and give them a message and redirect them to my fiverr account to buy from there?

Why don't you just normally market your gigs so you can attract genuine customers?

You can only have 1 account, and sure maybe Fiverr won't catch you if you try to make an account with another IP. Asking someone else to purchase your gig will still get you flagged because you can't directly message people first to buy your gig, let them go to you.

Read the Fiverr Terms of Service: https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service?source=footer

7 hours ago, adrian_studio said:

But what if I just message a seller? about a service and I ask him for details about those services, is it still spam?

Messaging a seller is only allowed if you intend to buy from them. Messaging them for any other reason is spam.

7 hours ago, adrian_studio said:

Or if I create another fiverr account with another ip and give them a message and redirect them to my fiverr account to buy from there?

That would still be spam, plus you're not allowed to have more than one account.

Think about your own questions, and imagine hundreds of sellers doing to you what you'd like to do to them. How would you like it if you received hundreds of messages (one message per seller, but there are many, many sellers on Fiverr) every day, asking you to buy services you're not interested in, either because you already got what you needed or because you never needed it in the first place?

19 hours ago, adrian_studio said:

Yes, part of our stats are based on how quickly we reply to messages that come to our inbox. I usually report anyone who contacts me through my inbox and is not a buyer. I am not on the Fiverr platform to give other sellers information about my services.

Archived