Planning to leaving Fiverr platform.

dannykojima1

Question

Hi guys,

I really like Fiverr platform very much, but the count down is putting a lot pressures on me with creating art for clients in the past couple months. Although I'm glad I have done my services by creating the artwork for a few clients who are happy with it. However, I decided to going back and staying on deviantART and ArtStation for selling art and do art commissions on there from now on.

So, the question is -- when I close my Fiverr account, will there a chance for me to sign up for a new account if I ever decide to come back one day? Does Fiverr allow to open a new account after closing this account? Just wondering.

Danny

6 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, dannykojima1 said:

but the count down is putting a lot pressures on me with creating art for clients in the past couple months.

Have you considered extending your delivery time? I'm sure there are some buyers who are fine with longer wait times especially if they like your art style. 

2 minutes ago, dannykojima1 said:

So, the question is -- when I close my Fiverr account, will there a chance for me to sign up for a new account if I ever decide to come back one day? Does Fiverr allow to open a new account after closing this account?

Yes, its fine. What's not allowed is having two accounts at the same time. So you must properly delete the old one first. And you are welcome to make a new one in the future. 🙂

Yes, actually I'm still currently working on the project for a client on here, and delivery him the artwork he needed for his music this weekend. Then I will be closing my Fiverr account after transfer the money to PayPal. I did send considered extending my delivery time, and most of the clients are very kind enough to gave me 2 or 3 days to finish before I made a delivery on time. And of course, for many months, I never encounter any buyers who are rude. Most of them are very kind enough to accept 2 days delivery time.

Much appreciate for your taking time to respond, theratypist. Of course, this is the only Fiverr account I had. So I want to make sure if Fiverr allow me to sign up for a new account in the future one day, if I decide to come back.

Why do you let the timer bother you? You decide your delivery times, and you can always request for an extension. Either increase your delivery times or don't look at the clock at all.
Outside of Fiverr, deadlines exist as well, the clock is simply a reminder. Of course you get punished for ignoring deadlines, but that goes for off-platform assignments as well.

If you want to stop with Fiverr, I suggest putting your account on Out of Office until you want to return. I wouldn't delete it, or you'd have to start from scratch building your new account if you return.

2 hours ago, cc_animation said:

If you want to stop with Fiverr, I suggest putting your account on Out of Office until you want to return. I wouldn't delete it, or you'd have to start from scratch building your new account if you return.

Hey there,

I think you're totally right about that. Actually, I have a second thoughts about delete my Fiverr account -- so I guess I'll just putting on "Out of Office" until I finish my other art project on DeviantArt and ArtStation. I probably won't be using Fiverr very much, but I will continue to accept new commissions from client to create art for upcoming book, film, game projects and music when I log into Fiverr account.

I don't know why I'm bother with the timer, because I didn't want to be late on the delivery time. It's just too stressful working on two projects for 2 different clients at the same time. Well, I guess I will probably using Fiverr for hire a seller for art online portfolio in the future.

Anyway, do you know how can I accept only one commission at the time from 1 client without being overwhelm with 2 projects? Because last month I received a commissions from two clients at the same time including a musician. Also working on all 3 commissions is just too much, because some clients wanted realistic painting project for film festival, and the other wanted movie poster illustration. Anyway, much appreciate cc_animation!

I completely understand the pressure you feel with the clock, I have the same thing! Especially when you do it on the side and have other stuff going on it can become overwhelming. That's why I've increased my delivery days, because as @theratypistmentioned I noticed buyers really don't mind waiting a few days if they want to use your service. Of course there are some who want a project quickly, but then you have to listen to your heart (sounds a bit heavy but idk a different way of putting it haha) and see if you're up for it or not. I think you're actually being quite generous with a delivery date of 2 days! Of course idk how fast your projects in your field normally take you, but I think you'd be okay with adding a day or two. 

I approach it like this; overall it takes me about 2 days to finish orders (depending on the size of the project) but I've added 2 extra to give myself and my inspiration a bit of breathing room. Also, you don't know what extra stuff comes on your plate that's not Fiverr related. So the key is to basically determine how long you think a project takes you, and then just add a bit more time and I've noticed it reduced my stress a lot! 

58 minutes ago, dannykojima1 said:

do you know how can I accept only one commission at the time from 1 client without being overwhelm with 2 projects?

You can set a maximum of orders you're able to accept. When you click on 'gig' tab and then on the gig itself you can check the 'limit orders in queue' and set the amount you're comfortable with. Once the limit is reached, buyers won't be able to place an order. So that should give you a bit of more peace! 

13 minutes ago, sabinespoems said:

You can set a maximum of orders you're able to accept. When you click on 'gig' tab and then on the gig itself you can check the 'limit orders in queue' and set the amount you're comfortable with. Once the limit is reached, buyers won't be able to place an order. So that should give you a bit of more peace! 

Ohh, thanks! I didn't know I could do that! No wonder I never thought of limit the orders in 'queue' within the gigs option.

And yes, most of the buyers I've created art for in the past 2 and 3 months are too kind and very patience with the long process. Although the 'realistic' painting usually take me 2 up to 3 weeks to complete when I do personal painting beside commission and outside of Fiverr while on deviantART and livestreaming. anyway, I was thinking about leaving Fiverr earlier, but I wasn't sure yet. But then I guess I would just put it "Out of Office" for month until I finish other project on deviantART for another client. And thank you kindly for the advice. I'm still feel new to Fiverr, but still trying to learning how Fiverr really work for sellers. 🙂

Archived