Break time for full time freelancers?

letsgodigital

13 minutes ago, letsgodigital said:

What you think?

But do they truly work during those 20 hours or are they just posting their gigs all over the internet/staring at the screen (or just using a software to do so?) Fiverr as a site has very little say in how much we work. We aren't employed by Fiverr, after all - we are freelancers.

Now, do I take breaks? Yeah, I took 3 weeks off this year (more or less) to travel and have half-days when I only check on if I see that I have messages to read/send. I can sense that you're coming from a good place - but I think the people you're thinking about would probably throw rocks at the site if it said 'sorry, today you can't go online because you worked too much this week'. Especially if they are actually earning some money via Fiverr. 

"day off" - I have heard of this concept. 

Truthfully my job is my fun, it's where I feel safest and most content. Probably that means I SHOULD have a mandatory day off now and then. But that would be impossible to implement, impossible to enforce, and if you did find a way to make it work it would prevent people from making their deadlines and that would make customers angry. 

I would love to have automated office hours, though. Like to be able to set Sundays as a day when my customers get an out of office message letting them know I will respond tomorrow so I can turn my brain off for a few hours. 

10 hours ago, letsgodigital said:

Would love if fiverr can implement a mandatory day off for freelancers working over 20 hours a day.

What you think?

How about letting adults think and live for themselves?  Why do you need the nanny to tell you its nappy time?

9 hours ago, rachelbostwick said:

I would love to have automated office hours, though. Like to be able to set Sundays as a day when my customers get an out of office message letting them know I will respond tomorrow so I can turn my brain off for a few hours. 

Yep.  That!

10 hours ago, letsgodigital said:

Do you take off somedays or break in between?

I notice many freelancer are spending over 18 hrs on this platforms mostly from third world countries.

Would love if fiverr can implement a mandatory day off for freelancers working over 20 hours a day.

What you think?

Who will work or not at any time is a matter of his own, I think it's good..

Archived