How Do You Handle Buyers Who Don't........

tlvoiceover

Question

Hi Guys, currently I'm at a new seller level for Voiceover Work and I've been running into buyers who don't purchase the required commercial rights, or they change their script expecting it to be part of their 1 free revision. Since I'm a new seller I let those things slide because I'm afraid they might cancel the order if I ask them to pay additional fees for these extras. What has your experience been like when things like this come up? Do you enforce it or let it go?

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, smashradio said:

Wow, so you charge MORE based on the value they are getting? Yet you don't understand why we charge commercial rights? It's not a "flat fee". It's different rights packages priced differently according to the buyers needs. 

I understand pricing for value. Yet in my experience (and I've ordered quite a few v/o) none of them do it. They all charge a flat fee for the rights, regardless of the project. That's what doesn't make sense. If that's the idea, may as well just include that flat fee in the basic price. The only differences I've seen were in terms of the extension of the rights (commercial, broadcast, etc.). That doesn't address the project size or revenue potential, just means of distribution, and those mean nothing. You can get a small client wanting a tv ad, and a big client wanting a video for their website. The first one will have to pay more rights for broadcast than the second, since commercial rights are usually cheaper - even though a voice on coca-cola's website is worth way more than the same voice on a tv commercial for some random unknown business.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 2

@tlvoiceover Thanks for serving people/business into the Fiverr platform. Your today's journey will be tomorrow's contribution that'll lead to the one's business growth. 

However, during the order or discussion session inbox message, you can represent your services' benefits fairly. So that the buyer can choose the offers and afford spontaneously. 

Wish you success in freelancing career.  P.S. Don't forget to take part in Buyer Request daily basis. 

• Like 6