I dont understand this... why do they do that?

saint_777

Question

Hello everybody! there is something that I dont understand this. I have had many posible buyers of my gig asking for another way of communication such a my personal facebook, whatssap, instagram, zoom, and other socials, I dont like that, I only like chatting via fiverrs chat. what would you do if they ask you the same thing?

6 answers to this question

Guest ligiacarvalho
31 minutes ago, saint_777 said:

what would you do if they ask you the same thing?

Just say that it is against Fiverr TOS communicate outside the platform and you will keep the communication on Fiverr.

Many users (buyers and sellers) do not read the TOS. Also, many buyers think that the TOS only applies to sellers and not to buyers (which is a mistake).

It's against the terms of service here on Fiverr, so you should never do that. 

With that being said: here's what I do if someone asks me to work or communicate outside of Fiverr (feel free to copy my standard response). 

"Hi {username}

Sharing contact information or circumventing the Fiverr platform in any way is not allowed. Since I make a living here on Fiverr, I make it a point to follow and respect the rules of the platform, and I hope you can respect that. 

Fiverr has all the tools we need to communicate and work together safely, and I work exclusively on Fiverr with my buyers. 

Thank you for your understanding. "

39 minutes ago, smashradio said:

It's against the terms of service here on Fiverr, so you should never do that. 

With that being said: here's what I do if someone asks me to work or communicate outside of Fiverr (feel free to copy my standard response). 

"Hi {username}

Sharing contact information or circumventing the Fiverr platform in any way is not allowed. Since I make a living here on Fiverr, I make it a point to follow and respect the rules of the platform, and I hope you can respect that. 

Fiverr has all the tools we need to communicate and work together safely, and I work exclusively on Fiverr with my buyers. 

Thank you for your understanding. "

thank you! that is right!

Archived