Fiverr buyer has requested me to revise two orders

staceydashpro

Question

Now, this is not your typical buyer. He seems to have a great personality and has positive ratings too. He does not pay that well and I don't blame him for that. The problem is that he requests revisions and when I ask him where I need to rectify, he tells me he is buying time to review the file. Mark you, I still have other gigs waiting on me from him and I am broke. I am thinking of reducing the number of revisions on the custom orders but I know he won't be happy 'cause I have set unlimited revisions on all my gigs. Has anyone experienced this? I am pretty sure he doesn't review the gigs until when he remembers that the orders will automatically be marked as complete; that's when he requests for further revision. Again, how do you politely let such a buyer know you are not interested in working together in the future?

4 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, staceydashpro said:

Again, how do you politely let such a buyer know you are not interested in working together in the future?

After completing the current orders in case he will write again simply let him know that you can't help at the moment. It's not a shame to say no if you don't want to work with him.. If that doesn't work perhaps blocking him does ... It depends on the $$$ he pays , if he leaves reviews etc , in the end it's strictly up to you. I have clients that are never completing the orders for instance by themselves but always leave a 5star review after 5-6 days when they remember about the order..  Others are constantly asking for revisions but since they are returning customers I never say no to them because I know for sure that they are going to leave a great review and they are going to return after that . It always depends

I think the main issue with this problem is easily solvable; don't include unlimited revisions in your gig! And also for custom offers. All in all unlimited revisions are just a bad idea. It communicates you're not able to do the job within a few tries (even if that's 10 tries it's still better than unlimited) and only attracts buyers who portray behaviour like this. So if you delete it, it will avoid having to deal with this in the future. If you're worried about receiving future orders being affected by this, I don't think that will be the case. Because the only thing deleting this from your gig is deterring buyers like this who will abuse your unlimited revision guarantee.

Regarding the current situation just let the buyer know in a professional manner that although you don't mind working on his projects, it's not feasible for you to continuously go through the revising process without actually having to revise anything. Hope this helped!

1 hour ago, cre8iveartwork said:

After completing the current orders in case he will write again simply let him know that you can't help at the moment. It's not a shame to say no if you don't want to work with him.. If that doesn't work perhaps blocking him does ... It depends on the $$$ he pays , if he leaves reviews etc , in the end it's strictly up to you. I have clients that are never completing the orders for instance by themselves but always leave a 5star review after 5-6 days when they remember about the order..  Others are constantly asking for revisions but since they are returning customers I never say no to them because I know for sure that they are going to leave a great review and they are going to return after that . It always depends

Thank you for the advice. Really appreciated

1 hour ago, sabinespoems said:

I think the main issue with this problem is easily solvable; don't include unlimited revisions in your gig! And also for custom offers. All in all unlimited revisions are just a bad idea. It communicates you're not able to do the job within a few tries (even if that's 10 tries it's still better than unlimited) and only attracts buyers who portray behaviour like this. So if you delete it, it will avoid having to deal with this in the future. If you're worried about receiving future orders being affected by this, I don't think that will be the case. Because the only thing deleting this from your gig is deterring buyers like this who will abuse your unlimited revision guarantee.

Regarding the current situation just let the buyer know in a professional manner that although you don't mind working on his projects, it's not feasible for you to continuously go through the revising process without actually having to revise anything. Hope this helped!

Wow, amazing insights. Imagine I've just realized how cumbersome unlimited revisions can be. 

1 hour ago, imagination7413 said:

For any other visitors to this thread, concerning 'Unlimited Revisions": https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/220973-top-5-tips-to-protect-yourself-from-badly-behaved-buyers/

Thank you for your concern. Blessings.

Archived