Conversion rate

afarigh

Question

14 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, afarigh said:

This is the app view and I was particularly concerned about this.

Conversion rate % = (100/nr impressions at that time)*nr of orders at that time. (so in the app - at that time meaning that time period (eg. the last 7 days).

It must mean you had 1 order in that time (during the last 7 days).

Impressions 1546, conversion 0.06%

(100/1546)*1=0.0647 rounded to 4 dp which, rounded to 2 dp is 0.06 - what gets shown there (0.06%)

A conversion rate is the percentage of people who view your gig and who end up actually buying it. So in order to increase it you simply have to gain more orders. However, I wouldn't focus too much on the conversion rate. Because a lot of people who click on your gig might not have the intention of making a purchase. For example competitors who are simply scouting the competition or buyers who are only gathering information about the service they think about buying.

Hope this clarified things a bit!

57 minutes ago, sabinespoems said:

A conversion rate is the percentage of people who view your gig and who end up actually buying it. So in order to increase it you simply have to gain more orders.

Yes. Any specifics of how it is calculated? Is it based on impressions or clicks?

I have tried to figure out the math but couldn’t..

And I have read on the forum that conversion rate affects our gig placement for potential buyers in the new algo?

5 minutes ago, afarigh said:

Any specifics of how it is calculated? Is it based on impressions or clicks?

It's based on clicks! So for example if you have 100 clicks and 1 order, your conversion rate would be 1%. I wouldn't know about it affecting the gig placement though, the Fiverr algorithm stays quite the mystery. I think it's best if you read the post below to learn more about what actually most likely affects your gig, instead of focusing on the conversion rate.

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/243824-welcome-to-fiverr-30/

In conclusion, I would use the conversion rate only as a guideline and not focus blindly on it. For example, if you see you get a million clicks and only one order you have to start wondering; why isn't anybody ordering? What's your gig lacking? How can I improve my gig's appearance/description/information in order to make buyers actually place an order instead of just looking? 

18 minutes ago, afarigh said:

I have tried to figure out the math but couldn’t..

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010750318-Viewing-Gig-Statistics

This says:

In the graph view, you can also see:
  • Social Gig views: This is the number of views on social media (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
  • Conversion Rates:This is the average of the total impressions divided by orders.

Though since it's a percentage the conversion rate (that's shown in the graph) seems to be

Conversion rate % = (100/nr impressions at that time)*nr of orders at that time.

6 minutes ago, sabinespoems said:
18 minutes ago, afarigh said:

It's based on clicks! So for example if you have 100 clicks and 1 order, your conversion rate would be 1%.

Are you sure this is the right formula for conversion rate calculation? When I use the one mentioned it doesn’t add up in my metrics.

Thanks for the link to Frank’s insightful opinion, I have read it a hundred times and it has helped me to figure things out a bit. I think the same author mentioned about conversion rate affecting gig placement..

I get your logic about getting clicks and not getting orders. My conversion rate is really poor and I got worried a bit though at the moment it hasn’t affected much from a “getting new orders” perspective. 

22 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

Social Gig views: This is the number of views on social media (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, etc.).

I have never seen this metrics in analytics or gigs section?

22 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

Conversion rate % = (100/nr impressions at that time)*nr of orders at that time.

😮 So it’s partly based on impressions, not clicks. And I wonder what ‘that time’ means? Because I have yet to see a conversion rate of 0 and according to this formula if the nr of orders at “that time” is zero, conversion rate will also be 0?

8 minutes ago, afarigh said:

have never seen this metrics in analytics or gigs section?

Maybe the social gig views stat used to be there but that's one of the things they've removed but the help page still mentions it (they also removed the 6 months view option I think when it stopped storing stats at a particular point then later re-enabled the 6 months option).

2 minutes ago, afarigh said:

So it’s partly based on impressions, not clicks. 

I just looked further into it based on your comments and indeed I ran into some information that says impressions also affect it! I also read it can depend on the niche you're in how it's calculated. I tried to see how it would be for me, but math isn't one of my strengths so I had no luck there haha. 

If you really want to know how the conversion rate is calculated purely for knowledge/interest purposes, you could email CS about it to clear things up. I tried googling for a straight answer that further elaborates it, but couldn't really find it. However as I said before, I wouldn't focus on it much. It's just a number in the end. What matters are the orders you receive and if there is a lack of, try to improve your gig. 

35 minutes ago, afarigh said:

😮 So it’s partly based on impressions, not clicks. And I wonder what ‘that time’ means? Because I have yet to see a conversion rate of 0 and according to this formula if the nr of orders at “that time” is zero, conversion rate will also be 0?

Mine shows a conversion rate% of 0 in the graph on days when I got no orders for the particular gig.

By "that time" in the graph I'm talking about that date.

If you could talke screenshot you could attach it if that formula isn't working for your stats. Or you could say what your stats are for a particular date (eg. nr of orders, nr of impressions, nr of clicks and the conversion rate it says). Or do both.

12 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

By "that time" in the graph I'm talking about that date.

Okay. I was talking about the conversion rate on the app. Maybe it’s a mean of all the gig conversion on a weekly basis?

Yes, as you said when I click the graph view there are days with zeros so it adds up based on zero values. When based on no. of impressions there is a variance but it is still not too much off. It maybe the time factor taken into account is not the particular date as I see from the graph.

I haven't checked the app so I don't know about that. The stat was right for the web version for one I checked, when rounded to 2 decimal places.

6 minutes ago, afarigh said:

It maybe the time factor taken into account is not the particular date as I see from the graph.

If you wanted to show what your stats are for a particular date (orders, impressions, clicks, conversion %) we could check the calc for those if you wanted.

2 minutes ago, uk1000 said:
10 minutes ago, afarigh said:

If you wanted to show what your stats are for a particular date (orders, impressions, clicks, conversion %) we could check the calc for those if you wanted.

9D738515-2237-4B0B-8A79-D02BCEB3CF16.jpeg.627c673a0075251cc4f84c7e34c77060.jpeg

This is the app view and I was particularly concerned about this.

21 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

It must mean you had 1 order in that time.

Yes, the math figures. Thanks for simplifying it. However, it is correct based on orders completed.

Hence this metric is quite significant to gig placement as hypothesized. It has more value than I previously thought. If there are number of orders on queue this metric does not take it into consideration and it is always dependent on a particular time frame.

Archived