I'm pretty much discouraged at this point

shreya_2001

It's story time.

Hey everyone! Before we get into it, I'll give some background. I've been a corporate ghostwriter for about 7 years now and was sick of contractual relationships with companies. That is when my journey as a Fiverr seller started. I've been a seller for 20+ days now and have developed a new hobby of going through the Fiverr Forum (it's a goldmine for newbies). Some people shared how they got their first order within days of creating the gig while some said it took months. Some also shared how they got their first order pretty easily and then had a dry spell for months. While I had high expectations, I also had none at the same time (if it makes sense?).

15 days into submitting buyer requests I finally got my first order; my happiness was off the charts. "It's my time to shine" kept echoing in my head. The client needed around 6 product descriptions in less than 24 hours. It was vexing but the adrenaline of getting the first order kept me going. I put my heart n' soul into it and managed to deliver before time. No response from the buyer. After 12 hours of delivery time, I dropped a text asking if the content was fine. They said they'll get back to me. 3 days passed and the order was automatically marked completed. I was pretty disheartened at this point and decided to drop another text. To be clear, I didn't ask for a review or anything because I didn't have expectations anymore- I just wanted to know if the work was fine. They came online and straight-up ignored my texts. I never texted them after that. Pretty nice for the first order. 

I read the forum and learned that around 40% of buyers often don't leave a review. Ah, the odds of me getting such a buyer as my first! Luckily I got my 2nd order recently where the buyer was a treat to work with. Not only did they treat me with respect, they even gave me credits for the articles I wrote for them on their website. I often feel discouraged and demotivated, thinking of the big pool of seller I have to compete with. Guess patience and hard work is all I need.

~ Shreya

Hi there @shreya_2001 and welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about your first experience being what it was.

It's true, around 40% on average don't review orders, and let's not get into what the percentage of rudeness is. 🙂

But if it's any consolation, please note that the public review is no longer as important as it used to be, in order to get the ball rolling and get more orders.

Keep it up and don't worry about things you can't control! 

Best of luck!

May I just say the font color you've chosen is pretty hard to read against the white background 😅

Anyhow, congrats on your first 2 orders! I understand you were hoping that the first buyer made a review or at least responded to you that they were fine with the order. Like what you already know, a lot of the buyers do not respond after an order is delivered. And that is fine, don't take it as disrespect as that will just dishearten you. Some are probably really busy or some just don't have in their nature to respond any further.

I suggest when you deliver the next time, in the last few lines include "if you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to reach out" or something like that. They will reach out if they wanted to.

14 minutes ago, shreya_2001 said:

I often feel discouraged and demotivated, thinking of the big pool of seller I have to compete with. Guess patience and hard work is all I need.

Just keep pushing! A lot of sellers never get an order after a few months or even at all, you got your first 2 orders within a month. You are in a good path, might be challenging but yes patience and hard work. I wish you success.

30 minutes ago, frank_d said:

Hi there @shreya_2001 and welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about your first experience being what it was.

It's true, around 40% on average don't review orders, and let's not get into what the percentage of rudeness is. 🙂

But if it's any consolation, please note that the public review is no longer as important as it used to be, in order to get the ball rolling and get more orders.

Keep it up and don't worry about things you can't control! 

Best of luck!

Thanks, really needed this!

27 minutes ago, theratypist said:

May I just say the font color you've chosen is pretty hard to read against the white background 😅

Anyhow, congrats on your first 2 orders! I understand you were hoping that the first buyer made a review or at least responded to you that they were fine with the order. Like what you already know, a lot of the buyers do not respond after an order is delivered. And that is fine, don't take it as disrespect as that will just dishearten you. Some are probably really busy or some just don't have in their nature to respond any further.

I suggest when you deliver the next time, in the last few lines include "if you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to reach out" or something like that. They will reach out if they wanted to.

Just keep pushing! A lot of sellers never get an order after a few months or even at all, you got your first 2 orders within a month. You are in a good path, might be challenging but yes patience and hard work. I wish you success.

Oh no I just realised the font colour, thanks for pointing it out. I doubt I can change it now 😕

Thanks for the kind words though, it means a lot!

Archived