Paypal Chargebacks 2021

jordan_web_dev

Question

Hi, 

I've had 3 big chargebacks recently from the same client. 

I contacted support, at first they said there's nothing they can do but I asked if it's possible to respond and they forwarded me to another department. Still waiting on this reply. 

Just wondering what is the process right now? does anyone have any recent experience with this? 

The orders got cancelled but my balance stayed at 0 and didn't go negative. The first interaction with customer support said the funds had been removed but order completion rate wasn't effected. I'm really confused. 

Any help advice would be appreciated. 

10 answers to this question

Fiverr will review the order and the reason for the chargeback. You need to wait for their reply.

This is from Fiverr Help and Education Center.👇

Seller Protection - Fraud Chargebacks

Fiverr Has Your Back!

In cases where the service was provided in full, Fiverr will protect you from fraud chargebacks. The funds will be added back to your account, and after 45 days, you will be able to withdraw the funds. Most importantly, it will not affect your cancellation rate.

Note: The order is subject to a review by our Trust and Safety team

4 minutes ago, ligiacarvalho said:

So would it likely count as fraud even though it looks like the seller claimed it wasn't recieved. I had an automatic email from Fiverr saying it was late, which seemed strange because it wasn't. 

Cs didn't comment on why I recieved such an email during the cancellation. 

One of my buyers also recently did a chargeback about a month after accepting the delivery and even leaving a review. 

Then, I got this email from Fiverr:

167A4BDA-E9B6-485A-BBBD-83B44F7BC6BF.jpeg

Did you get anything similar to this?

Also, once a buyer makes a chargeback, their account usually becomes restricted.

37 minutes ago, krheate said:

One of my buyers also recently did a chargeback about a month after accepting the delivery and even leaving a review. 

Then, I got this email from Fiverr:

167A4BDA-E9B6-485A-BBBD-83B44F7BC6BF.jpeg

Did you get anything similar to this?

Also, once a buyer makes a chargeback, their account usually becomes restricted.

I haven't had that yet. How long did it take? 

Did you have to do anything for them to return that? 

3 minutes ago, jordan_web_dev said:

How long did it take?

I got that email immediately after the buyer cancelled the order with a chargeback.

3 minutes ago, jordan_web_dev said:

Did you have to do anything for them to return that? 

No, I didn’t have to do anything, but it was the 3rd email that I got.

I originally received an email that said “Your order with ****** (buyer name) was canceled due to a dispute initiated by the buyer and/or their issuing bank. The funds from this order were automatically returned to the buyer.”

And then I got a another email that said “Unfortunately, ****** (buyer name) has cancelled your order, since you missed your delivery due date of May 21, 2021.”

The third email was the one that said I got refunded from the chargeback.

11 minutes ago, krheate said:

I got that email immediately after the buyer cancelled the order with a chargeback.

No, I didn’t have to do anything, but it was the 3rd email that I got.

I originally received an email that said “Your order with ****** (buyer name) was canceled due to a dispute initiated by the buyer and/or their issuing bank. The funds from this order were automatically returned to the buyer.”

And then I got a another email that said “Unfortunately, ****** (buyer name) has cancelled your order, since you missed your delivery due date of May 21, 2021.”

The third email was the one that said I got refunded from the chargeback.

I see. I only got the first 2. I think on yours they claimed unrecognized transaction. Where as mine has claimed non delivery. (I'm guessing'). I'll see what happens and wait for CS to reply. 

Thanks for your help.  

Archived