Hi, I recently received a Random wrong order (Fraud)

haider399

I recently received a random wrong order placed on my gig. I told buyer that you have placed a wrong order on my gig and I will get it done somehow so my profile rating wont get hurt. He asked me to cancel the order. Suddenly after some time he kept insisting that i will complete your order. so I generated a delivery and he completed it saying it doesn’t matter. After completion he started asking me to refund his money out of fiverr. I wasn’t convinced with that sending money to him outside fiverr. After that he started asking me for refunded his money in inappropriate way. ( in abusive manner). Blackmailing me that he is going to leave a bad review on my gig. if i am not going to refund his money. I contacted fiver support and told them Buyer is asking for a refund after completing the order and blackmailing me . Fiverr support cancelled the order.

Just now after a weak I found buyer review on my gig saying I cheated him. Which effected my gigs and rating bad. I am really disappointed and worried. I would be really appreciating for the help.
Just wanted to share my experience so you know there are some people out there who are doing such things.

I recently received a random wrong order placed on my gig. I told buyer that you have placed a wrong order on my gig and I will get it done somehow so my profile rating wont get hurt. He asked me to cancel the order. Suddenly after some time he kept insisting that i will complete your order. so I generated a delivery and he completed it saying it doesn’t matter. After completion he started asking me to refund his money out of fiverr. I wasn’t convinced with that sending money to him outside fiverr. After that he started asking me for refunded his money in inappropriate way. ( in abusive manner). Blackmailing me that he is going to leave a bad review on my gig. if i am not going to refund his money. I contacted fiver support and told them Buyer is asking for a refund after completing the order and blackmailing me . Fiverr support cancelled the order.

Just now after a weak I found buyer review on my gig saying I cheated him. Which effected my gigs and rating bad. I am really disappointed and worried. I would be really appreciating for the help.

Just wanted to share my experience so you know there are some people out there who are doing such things.

you have placed a wrong order on my gig and I will get it done somehow so my profile rating wont get hurt.

Whaaat? 😵

You agreed to do something completely different from what the gig offers and did not agree to cancel the order?

That would be like someone hiring a proofreader to break dance on video, an illustrator to do drone photography, or a graphic designer to create a personal exercise routine.

Do not accept any order you are incapable of doing and especially if you don’t even offer that type of service. It should have been nipped in the bud before turning into the quagmire that it did.

Buyer placed on order for logo animation on my gig for image background Photoshop editing.

As soon as they ordered the logo animation on the background editing gig you could have contacted CS and told them the buyer has ordered something completely different to what your gig is for and asked CS to cancel it without it affecting your stats. There’s a good chance they would have in those circumstances.

So… I’ve had a couple people who mistakenly ordered on my gigs - I don’t write non-fiction at all (not interested/I know nothing about SEO. If they are remotely connected to storywriting, I will write them BUT if they aren’t - l’ll cancel.

If you present your case nicely, CS might help make sure it doesn’t affect your rating (I’ve had to people place an order than realize how expensive it was / realize they were game-scripts or something and went through CS to cancel - everything was fine in the end.

Your case is iffy because the buyer was either trying to scam you from the get-go… OR they got angry with you because you didn’t deliver what they wanted. You probably shouldn’t have delivered anything in the first place since then they couldn’t have left a review. It’s not really your fault (they got their money back, right?) but I’m not sure if CS would be able to remove the review or something like that.

As soon as they ordered the logo animation on the background editing gig you could have contacted CS and told them the buyer has ordered something completely different to what your gig is for and asked CS to cancel it without it affecting your stats. There’s a good chance they would have in those circumstances.

I am new at fiverr. I heard if I am going to cancel my order my profile stats will be effected. which i found out now is my mistake. This is why I was offering him I will get it done somehow.

I am new at fiverr. I heard if I am going to cancel my order my profile stats will be effected. which i found out now is my mistake. This is why I was offering him I will get it done somehow.

If the review is going to stay (it might not be worth risking asking CS to remove it in case they decide to give a warning for it) you could add a public reply to that review giving your side of the story/what the buyer actually asked for and did in that gig etc.

If the review is going to stay (it might not be worth risking asking CS to remove it in case they decide to give a warning for it) you could add a public reply to that review giving your side of the story/what the buyer actually asked for and did in that gig etc.

Thanks I really appreciate your help.

Archived