Fiverr commissions

nataliapenap

But Fiverr also charge a fee to the buyers for giving you a tip, it’s that fair too?

I mean let’s have in mind that when you are working on a coffee shop, and a client give you a tip, you’ll be fine if your boss takes 20% of it? It will also be fine if they charge the client to give you a tip?

I understand what you mean, but I also believe that there are other ways in which they can be sure that the payment of the order won’t go to the Tip. Like idk having 4 tips options and that you can choose only one, without charging you a fee. And if they take a percentage because of the transactions fees, then let us know that too. Because I only want to know why they are taking a 20% of my tip and charging a fee to my client for giving me a tip.

Hi! Sooo Yeah I think that’s 100 Percent Fair Enough, Let’s take an Example If an Experienced Buyer would Order (Total Order Amount: 300) you for 150 Dollars and would Tip you 150 Dollars later on to complete the total Amount So I Think he just Dodged Fiverr for not paying them full Fiverr Fee which would be somewhere 14 Dollars I guess, Instead he paid them only 7 Dollars So do you think that’s Fair Enough for Fiverr? They are already doing a lot for the Freelancers! Fiverr is not a Coffee Shop where a Worker can be SHHHHH when he gets a Tip lol. I think that would be Hard Enough for Fiverr to make sure that the payment of the order won’t go to the Tip, There would be each Fiverr person watching our Chats for that. I hope that helps!

I understand your point but I think you are taking to the core the fact that your client does not want to pay the fees and putting the pressure on you to adjust your prices. This is absolutely not ok.

You should explain to your client that this is your price and as he should know, Fiverr charges a service fee. If they want your services, they will pay. If not, it is not your responsibility to adjust your price to your client’s budget. I will not buy a Ferrari if I can only afford a Mercedes.

Sorry but this “transparency” thing is very clear and simple.

Archived