Fiverr gave me warning when the buyer harassed me and use racist sentences

seenivasanm

Buyer asked me to do a project which had too much privacy violations.
So i declined.
So buyer harassed me, used racist sentences and abused me verbally.
Instead of responding further, i replied “F*** off”. (this was the only reply after he started abusing me)

But Fiverr took the side of the buyer and gave me warning.
How is this fair?

I don’t know where to contact Fverr for me to give explanation. support.fiverr.com looks dead.
let me know. Thanks

Guest lloydsolutions

So i declined.

Instead of responding further, i replied “F*** off”. (this was the only reply after he started abusing me)

How is this fair?

I don’t know where to contact Fverr for me to give explanation. support.fiverr.com looks dead.

let me know. Thanks

Instead of responding further, i replied “F*** off”.

The above is the problem.

Check this out: if you want to protect your account.

Here is the updated “warnings” link for the above topic:

Instead of responding further, i replied “F*** off”.

The above is the problem.

Check this out: Don’t do it! … You Have Been Warned! if you want to protect your account.

Here is the updated “warnings” link for the above topic: Fiverr Help and Education Center

I get that.

But he abused me. Even after reporting him, no action was taken. How is that fair?

I get that.

But he abused me. Even after reporting him, no action was taken. How is that fair?

Customer is the King in everywhere and no matter what Customer is always right. So instead of mirroring, just learn to control your temper my friend. There will be always good customers and obviously some bad too. this is the part of service life.

People on Fiverr are just like People in real life. If anything, people can be bad/worse/super worse in an online marketplace as are most things that are online.

I am sorry about what happened, but if I was in your position, I would

1. simply stop replying, and reported to CS.
  2. Or, just block the buyer. problem solved.

Also, unless you have an order number, Fiverr Support wont help you. It’s not dead. Without an order number, they simply cannot help you.

Ultimately, dealing with these scenarios, falls to you because you cannot control the buyer actions. However, you can control your own actions.

I get that.

But he abused me.

“He started first” doesn’t work as an excuse even in the kindergarten. You could have politely told him you couldn’t help him, and blocked him from messaging you as soon as he became abusive.

So i declined.

How is this fair?

let me know. Thanks

How is this fair?

Regardless of how badly a buyer may behave it is our responsibility to remain professional. I’m sorry you were verbally abused but lashing out doesn’t help. Fiverr has ToS that we all have to follow and the consequences for not doing so are clear no matter how unfair it may feel sometimes. One of the benefits of online communication is that you can walk away and scream into a pillow if things get difficult, then calmly reconsider your response. In this case, I would have immediately ceased communication with the buyer and reported them to CS.

Archived