Fraudulent seller refuse to cancel

mikkehj

Backstory:

I have an android app that requires admob integration, to which I turned to Fiverr. I sent my GitHub project to multiple sellers did had related gigs, to ask for price and if they could do it. First to reply claimed to be able to, so I made an order. Two days and on delivery time, he claimed he couldn’t, as my project structure was “special” (non-activity). He asked if I could accept the delivery and he could pay me back (to avoid 1 star), to which I said no cause it’s not about money but rather my time. So I told him I could extend it for 3 more days, to which he accepted and tried his best for a day. He then told me that he would accept cancel cause he was unable to. I let him go cause he was very communicative and admitted fault.

I then turned to another seller, this time asking TWICE for verification if he could do it so I wouldn’t have to waste more time. He said he could do it 100%, so I ordered.

3 Hours before delivery he requested me to cancel, to avoid failed to deliver auto review, to which I denied, cause I asked him TWICE to make sure not to accept this order unless he was certain, which again, he claimed he could. I waited till the time was up and requested him cancel on the fact that he was not qualified (claims 7 years experience on profile).

He then denies every time and sent “DELIVERY #1” as delivery, plain text, no effort. After multiple cancel request that he denies, I told him I would report him to support, to which he replies “Good luck”.

If he is not banned, then Fiverr is not to be taken seriously.

Screenshot_33.thumb.png.7c955a2c006bdda760aee61a0ab0fa61.png
Screenshot_33740×2504 180 KB

Backstory:

I have an android app that requires admob integration, to which I turned to Fiverr. I sent my GitHub project to multiple sellers did had related gigs, to ask for price and if they could do it. First to reply claimed to be able to, so I made an order. Two days and on delivery time, he claimed he couldn’t, as my project structure was “special” (non-activity). He asked if I could accept the delivery and he could pay me back (to avoid 1 star), to which I said no cause it’s not about money but rather my time. So I told him I could extend it for 3 more days, to which he accepted and tried his best for a day. He then told me that he would accept cancel cause he was unable to. I let him go cause he was very communicative and admitted fault.

I then turned to another seller, this time asking TWICE for verification if he could do it so I wouldn’t have to waste more time. He said he could do it 100%, so I ordered.

3 Hours before delivery he requested me to cancel, to avoid failed to deliver auto review, to which I denied, cause I asked him TWICE to make sure not to accept this order unless he was certain, which again, he claimed he could. I waited till the time was up and requested him cancel on the fact that he was not qualified (claims 7 years experience on profile).

He then denies every time and sent “DELIVERY #1” as delivery, plain text, no effort. After multiple cancel request that he denies, I told him I would report him to support, to which he replies “Good luck”.

Naming and shaming isn’t allowed as per forum rules, I suggest you remove the link to the profile and covering his name in the screenshots.

I did take a look at his profile regardless and this person has two one star ratings on his last two orders, both claiming that he’s a scammer but yet you still decided to place an order with him? I’m not saying it’s your fault that this guy is a scammer, but you still went ahead and did business with him even though others had already pointed it out.

Take the screenshots and your explanation to Customer Service, they’ll hopefully be able to get you a refund and possibly take action with this seller.

Naming and shaming isn’t allowed as per forum rules, I suggest you remove the link to the profile and covering his name in the screenshots.

I did take a look at his profile regardless and this person has two one star ratings on his last two orders, both claiming that he’s a scammer but yet you still decided to place an order with him? I’m not saying it’s your fault that this guy is a scammer, but you still went ahead and did business with him even though others had already pointed it out.

Take the screenshots and your explanation to Customer Service, they’ll hopefully be able to get you a refund and possibly take action with this seller.

I have a firm believe that couple of failure doesn’t define ones ability, I wanted to give him a shot at it.

The specific gig I ordered had 1, 1 star review, to which seller replied

“I have successfully done my job in first deliver with source code,check it by any other developers. And this buyer is thinking herself so smart , after getting the completed source code he is creating dispute the order to get back his money because he want to success his project with free of cost by me or other developers in Fiverr. Hello Fiverr’s support team please take the action on this buyer.”

So yes I did give him a shot, do you think that if one seller has 1 or 2 bad review, NO ONE should give them a shot?

I have a firm believe that couple of failure doesn’t define ones ability, I wanted to give him a shot at it.

The specific gig I ordered had 1, 1 star review, to which seller replied

“I have successfully done my job in first deliver with source code,check it by any other developers. And this buyer is thinking herself so smart , after getting the completed source code he is creating dispute the order to get back his money because he want to success his project with free of cost by me or other developers in Fiverr. Hello Fiverr’s support team please take the action on this buyer.”

So yes I did give him a shot, do you think that if one seller has 1 or 2 bad review, NO ONE should give them a shot?

o you think that if one seller has 1 or 2 bad review, NO ONE should give them a shot?

It’s not that simple.

That’s two reviews out of only thirteen reviews, that’s 15% of reviews saying this person can’t deliver. It’s not a one off and both one star ratings came from two different gigs. Two services they couldn’t deliver on, two orders that are nine months apart, nine months and there’s still no improvement. Whether or not anyone should give them a shot, I don’t know, I’m not everyone, personally though my common sense would tell me not to trust this seller.

o you think that if one seller has 1 or 2 bad review, NO ONE should give them a shot?

It’s not that simple.

That’s two reviews out of only thirteen reviews, that’s 15% of reviews saying this person can’t deliver. It’s not a one off and both one star ratings came from two different gigs. Two services they couldn’t deliver on, two orders that are nine months apart, nine months and there’s still no improvement. Whether or not anyone should give them a shot, I don’t know, I’m not everyone, personally though my common sense would tell me not to trust this seller.

You might be right on your common sense, I did read his review before order of course, but I thought Fiverr would have done something if he really did scam. Since the account was still there I thought his replies was correct, and it was the buyer who attempted to get free work done.

You might be right on your common sense, I did read his review before order of course, but I thought Fiverr would have done something if he really did scam. Since the account was still there I thought his replies was correct, and it was the buyer who attempted to get free work done.

but I thought Fiverr would have done something if he really did scam.

It takes like three warnings before an account gets suspended depending on what happened between the buyer and the seller of course. It’s also possible that neither of these buyers reported what happened with Customer Support, so I’d definitely recommend doing so and leaving an honest review to hopefully prevent your experience happening with anyone else.

but I thought Fiverr would have done something if he really did scam.

It takes like three warnings before an account gets suspended depending on what happened between the buyer and the seller of course. It’s also possible that neither of these buyers reported what happened with Customer Support, so I’d definitely recommend doing so and leaving an honest review to hopefully prevent your experience happening with anyone else.

So I just accept the delivery (if it’s still possible now), leave honest review to warn others?

Will this impact my current report to Fiverr team? As I would contradict myself by accepting the “delivery”.

. https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360048873834-How-do-I-cancel-my-order-and-get-my-funds-back?segment=buyer

There’s a link to Fiverr’s Customer Support (Support Team) in that Fiverr article.

This seller has broken the ToS, if they delivered an ‘empty’ order.

• The Deliver Work button may not be abused by Sellers to circumvent Order guidelines described in these Terms of Service. Using the “Deliver Work” button when an Order was not fulfilled may result in a cancellation of that Order after review, affect the Seller’s rating and result in a warning to Seller.

Eligibility for requests to Fiverr to cancel an order will be assessed by our Customer Support team based on a number of factors, including violations of our Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards, general misconduct, and improper usage of the Fiverr delivery system. See below for Order specific eligibility.

. https://www.fiverr.com/content/payments-terms-and-conditions

So I just accept the delivery (if it’s still possible now), leave honest review to warn others?

Will this impact my current report to Fiverr team? As I would contradict myself by accepting the “delivery”.

So I just accept the delivery

Sorry, I assumed you had already accepted the delivery, make sure to keep requesting cancellations whilst you contact CS so the order doesn’t autocomplete.

This happens when u look for really cheap service. Try to pick up somebody who got bigger prices what is worth to the job and have some kind of good reviews.

Choosing cheap option 70% of that comes with cancelations.
I also managed to start from 5 , til now 80+ usd per order. And buyers are getting more serious what brings me easier to work.

Archived