Buyer seems suspicious!

ladyartist09

Hi!
So I’ve been getting constant orders from this buyer and it was a great experience the first time. But as their orders keep coming, the buyer keeps negotiating with my already very low price offer. I know the value of my work but since I’m super in need of funds, I choose to just accept her order and deliver very well. The buyer seems to order art services from me for their “friends” and not for themselves. Thing is, lately their level of English fluency downgraded a lot wherein I almost cannot understand their point when they were so fluent before. Buyer won’t ever show my works in my gig gallery which is a bummer but I understand it’s their choice. Instead, they would tell me they’ll leave a very good feedback and this too, is brought up whenever they ask me to lower my price. Yesterday I tried searching up this buyer and it showed that they have consistently been ordering from several artists for the past months and have been leaving almost template-ish reviews. Do you think something’s sus about the buyer or is it just me?

He or she might be a reseller that buys from fiverr seller that resell for a profit, as long as you agree for the gig terms there is no problem however if you think that you offer more than what he pays for then you need to fix this by talking to the buyer and negotiate.

Something may or may not be wrong with the buyer, but it is up to you to maintain your stance on what you want. You don’t need to lower your already low prices for them and don’t be swayed by promises of a good review.

Right! Thanks, I’ve always been a person who yields because I’m afraid they’ll think of me as not a nice person and now I’ve been reminded once again to have a change in perspective.

He or she might be a reseller that buys from fiverr seller that resell for a profit, as long as you agree for the gig terms there is no problem however if you think that you offer more than what he pays for then you need to fix this by talking to the buyer and negotiate.

That’s my exact thoughts! I just didn’t expect this thing to happen here at Fiverr if it’s really what’s the buyer’s doing. Now, since they always ask for a ridiculously lower price, I don’t know how I can communicate my stance well and politely to them. I’m also a new seller that’s why I’m being very careful as to not sabotage my reviews.

Guest humanissocial

Hi!

So I’ve been getting constant orders from this buyer and it was a great experience the first time. But as their orders keep coming, the buyer keeps negotiating with my already very low price offer. I know the value of my work but since I’m super in need of funds, I choose to just accept her order and deliver very well. The buyer seems to order art services from me for their “friends” and not for themselves. Thing is, lately their level of English fluency downgraded a lot wherein I almost cannot understand their point when they were so fluent before. Buyer won’t ever show my works in my gig gallery which is a bummer but I understand it’s their choice. Instead, they would tell me they’ll leave a very good feedback and this too, is brought up whenever they ask me to lower my price. Yesterday I tried searching up this buyer and it showed that they have consistently been ordering from several artists for the past months and have been leaving almost template-ish reviews. Do you think something’s sus about the buyer or is it just me?

as their orders keep coming, the buyer keeps negotiating with my already very low price offer.

Instead, they would tell me they’ll leave a very good feedback and this too, is brought up whenever they ask me to lower my price.

He’s manipulating you.

The more you comply, the more he will try to get away with.

He’s sucking you dry. Stop working for him.

as their orders keep coming, the buyer keeps negotiating with my already very low price offer.

Instead, they would tell me they’ll leave a very good feedback and this too, is brought up whenever they ask me to lower my price.

He’s manipulating you.

The more you comply, the more he will try to get away with.

He’s sucking you dry. Stop working for him.

Yes, you’re definitely right and I’ve realized what they were doing and I’ve decided to deliver my last service right now and end the relationship with the buyer. I’m not quite sure if blocking the buyer would be the right way to do it though.

Guest humanissocial

Yes, you’re definitely right and I’ve realized what they were doing and I’ve decided to deliver my last service right now and end the relationship with the buyer. I’m not quite sure if blocking the buyer would be the right way to do it though.

Unfortunately the reason sellers like this keep working with you is that they use their regular business as a tool to manipulate you into doing cheap work.

I suggest you raise your rates considerably because low rates attract manipulative people like this. They sense desperation and take advantage of it.

Unfortunately the reason sellers like this keep working with you is that they use their regular business as a tool to manipulate you into doing cheap work.

I suggest you raise your rates considerably because low rates attract manipulative people like this. They sense desperation and take advantage of it.

I cannot agree more! I consider this a lesson learned and I would definitely adjust my rates now that I firmly believe my work quality should be properly paid.

Guest humanissocial

I cannot agree more! I consider this a lesson learned and I would definitely adjust my rates now that I firmly believe my work quality should be properly paid.

Absolutely!

It can be hard to come this revelation when you’re constantly pressured by peers, clients and others to undervalue yourself.

Guest humanissocial

For sure! Thank you so much for taking time to reply so thoughtfully to my concern.

You’re welcome. I’m super big on self respect.

One of the reasons I am active in the forum is to combat the constant pressure here from sellers telling each other to charge peanuts and do things that don’t work.

People set themselves for manipulation because they take bad advice from the forum. Unfortunately this is never dealt with by the moderators and the forum policy isn’t rigorous against bad advice.

You’re welcome. I’m super big on self respect.

One of the reasons I am active in the forum is to combat the constant pressure here from sellers telling each other to charge peanuts and do things that don’t work.

People set themselves for manipulation because they take bad advice from the forum. Unfortunately this is never dealt with by the moderators and the forum policy isn’t rigorous against bad advice.

I’ve noticed I’ve seen you leave feedbacks to other’s post just now and my, my, you’re a godsend for doing what you do. I totally appreciate your wonderful efforts! I actually thought you’re a fiverr employee or something haha

Guest humanissocial

I’ve noticed I’ve seen you leave feedbacks to other’s post just now and my, my, you’re a godsend for doing what you do. I totally appreciate your wonderful efforts! I actually thought you’re a fiverr employee or something haha

Thank you! I have had time on my hands and like to use it to advocate self respect, business sense and empowerment in freelancing.

It also helps that I’m a super fast reader and writer so it doesn’t take me long.

That’s my exact thoughts! I just didn’t expect this thing to happen here at Fiverr if it’s really what’s the buyer’s doing. Now, since they always ask for a ridiculously lower price, I don’t know how I can communicate my stance well and politely to them. I’m also a new seller that’s why I’m being very careful as to not sabotage my reviews.

Its pretty common on fiverr , in my opinion there are 50 percent real sellers with skills on fiverr and 50 seller accounts who only play the role of middle men. In our 3d product animation category , i am not being rasict or any thing, just telling the fact , out of 3000 gigs , 1200 belongs to nigeria , maybe multiple accounts abuse i dont know . . . 110 percent of them belongs to nigeria. I have not come across a single person from nigeria who is not a middle man .I respect that also , every one has a right to earn.

EDIT : 535 belongs to Nigeria.!

I agree with @solow13. Your buyer sounds like a reseller.

Resellers often, but not always, work as a team of people - and always push for lower prices.

I had a recent and similar experience with a reseller. One moment their messages were in perfectly acceptable English, which is why I went ahead with the order (not realising they were a reseller) - and the next, barely intelligible. Clearly not the same person.

I simply delivered the order, waited for feedback and then blocked them. Less than a day later I had a message from a different account asking why I had blocked them and assuring me of lots of work if I offered a discount and continued working with them.

In my opinion resellers are locusts that should be banned from the platform.

I agree with @solow13. Your buyer sounds like a reseller.

Resellers often, but not always, work as a team of people - and always push for lower prices.

I had a recent and similar experience with a reseller. One moment their messages were in perfectly acceptable English, which is why I went ahead with the order (not realising they were a reseller) - and the next, barely intelligible. Clearly not the same person.

I simply delivered the order, waited for feedback and then blocked them. Less than a day later I had a message from a different account asking why I had blocked them and assuring me of lots of work if I offered a discount and continued working with them.

In my opinion resellers are locusts that should be banned from the platform.

I had blocked them and assuring me of lots of work if I offered a discount and continued working with them.

It always amazes me, the person was blocked but he still had balls to ask for a discount when you obviously didn’t want to work with them even with normal prices.

Archived