New Sellers .... The True Way to Success!

lloydsolutions

The forum is full of new sellers desperately wanting success.

Someone has told them that you just create a gig and everybody rushes to buy it … Easy money!

Of course that is not the case!

Selling on Fiverr is just like opening a business.

Imagine you are opening a shop in a town.

You would see what the competition is doing. Are they offering the same thing as you. Can you offer something different or better.

Or maybe a niche that nobody else has thought of.

That is called research and you must do this before doing anything.

Only offer something for which you have the ability to provide a professional service.

Make sure everything in your profile is accurate. Buyers are not stupid and they will see through deception and move on to buy from someone else.

Your Fiverr account and your forum account are separate.

Posting on the forum will not get you sales.

Use the forum to read and learn from experienced forum members and sellers.

Everything you need to be successful is on the forum or the Fiverr website.

Beware of what you are finding elsewhere!

Read, learn, take action!

Good luck! 🙂

Thank you. This is helpful for me

I think these points are accurate but the one thing I will add that in my opinion is one of he most important yet overlooked factors. You need to actually be good at the service you provide. Most freelancers are just not that good at what they do and no amount of marketing, fancy verbiage, promotional ads, pricing, communication, forum posts, etc. is going to fix that fact. You first need to actually be good at what you do, then you can actually start to compete on other fronts.

As a TRS I can tell you this, the vast majority of my clients say to me that the reason they chose me was because my portfolio of work was some of the best they had heard on fiverr. Yes my profile is professional with great pictures and all that good stuff, but none of that would matter if my work was awful.

At least in my industry (music), the quality of your work is very important because it’s the main metric people use to compared you to others. If you do great work, people largely don’t care about anything else.

• Like 46

I think these points are accurate but the one thing I will add that in my opinion is one of he most important yet overlooked factors. You need to actually be good at the service you provide. Most freelancers are just not that good at what they do and no amount of marketing, fancy verbiage, promotional ads, pricing, communication, forum posts, etc. is going to fix that fact. You first need to actually be good at what you do, then you can actually start to compete on other fronts.

As a TRS I can tell you this, the vast majority of my clients say to me that the reason they chose me was because my portfolio of work was some of the best they had heard on fiverr. Yes my profile is professional with great pictures and all that good stuff, but none of that would matter if my work was awful.

At least in my industry (music), the quality of your work is very important because it’s the main metric people use to compared you to others. If you do great work, people largely don’t care about anything else.

@kholland65 You make a very good point about maintaining high quality standards of work. To maintain that one has to practice their craft as much as possible. In this context, it is also a really good idea to let your work and customer reviews speak for themselves. However, all the good quality hard work will mean nothing if one cannot get the word out that a person who does such good quality hard work exists. I think that’s where promoting a gig comes in. Otherwise, one can just get lost in the massive workforce pool. Competition can be a bad thing.

• Like 34

Someone has told them that you just create a gig and everybody rushes to buy it … Easy money!

You would see what the competition is doing. Are they offering the same thing as you. Can you offer something different or better.

Only offer something for which you have the ability to provide a professional service.

Make sure everything in your profile is accurate. Buyers are not stupid and they will see through deception and move on to buy from someone else.

Good luck! 🙂

Thank you. This is helpful for me

Very important information.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

@kholland65 You make a very good point about maintaining high quality standards of work. To maintain that one has to practice their craft as much as possible. In this context, it is also a really good idea to let your work and customer reviews speak for themselves. However, all the good quality hard work will mean nothing if one cannot get the word out that a person who does such good quality hard work exists. I think that’s where promoting a gig comes in. Otherwise, one can just get lost in the massive workforce pool. Competition can be a bad thing.

This is true, both things go hand in hand. In my case, fiverr essentially takes care of the marketing. I’ve never gone out of my way to promote my gig and I still achieved TRS in a few years and now have consistent work.

• Like 27
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so much,

Good luck! 🙂

Thank u for sharing ur important opinion. 😇

• Like 25

You need to actually be good at the service you provide.

Amen to that, as a fellow TRS and Pro Cert, I get many “repair jobs” because customers tried to go as cheap as possible then end up paying a lot more than if they chose a trusted seller right away.

On the other side I get contacted by up to 20 spammers/scammers a day that obvoiusly want to make money selling “google translate” translations wondering why they don’t get orders.

People think Fiverr and freelancing in the online Gig-Economy in general is some magic way to make free money, when in reality it is no different than any other job - if you are not good you will not be very successful in the long term.

I would also add this:

Keep in mind that neither Fiverr nor the customers have an obligation to give you work / money, you need to earn that.

• Like 33

Thanks, Dear!!!

Really Helpful

I have good skills, But I don’t find a job.

Web Designer And WordPress Customizer

@designerraselbd

At a quick glance I noticed that there are quite a few grammar issues in the texts of your gigs, that is something that MUST be perfect, as it can quickly put off potential customers.

Hope this helps you out a bit 🙂

• Like 25

• wp_kid unfeatured this topic
  • wp_kid locked this topic