Red color icon instead of the usual green

mikemans

Orange, red, terra cotta - the exact color doesn’t matter since the hue spells danger! Yikes. I opened my Fiverr and it looked like every gig was screaming “Deliver Now!” At me… I thought, What?! Did I get cancelled??? No… ok. Green was easy, you could tell, it’s not just because we are used to it, but because we are programmed that green means good and red means danger. Not a fan.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has to be some kind of mistake. Even the graphic elements are unchanged. Looks like something was hammered with the stylesheet. I’d be willing to bet it gets reverted at some point. I don’t think anyone in their right mind would advocate a style change using alert colors.

But like many, I spent a good amount of time trying to find out why my account seemed to be in some kind of warning mode.

Guest foxella

I got scared when I saw the red color. First, I thought somehow my order was due now, but then I realized I still had 4 days. Then, I thought maybe they had cancelled the order. I was sad for a bit, so I tried refreshing the browser, and I saw the green return. I thought maybe it was a display error. Then, I refreshed it again after a few hours and the red was back!

Picking this color for a website in this type of business is something I would do if I’m really really wasted or have gone out of my wits. Colors make up much of the business identity. I understand if Fiverr is going retro, but then you have to change everything, including typefaces, graphics, and the general look. Definitely a wrong choice. For five bucks, I’m sure Fiverr can buy a color harmony palette chart and maybe a book on color psychology. Red (or rust in this case) is counter-intuitive to users. If you are experimenting on colors, here are suggestions on colors that will go with your existing green… blue or yellow and save the orange/red hues for warning/trouble pages.

I’m very relieved to know it wasn’t something I did! Red made me think I had made some sort of serious error by accident, and that I was only one step away from the gallows. I noticed it won’t let me access my messages from buyers either. Hope all the glitches get fixed before it really does affect someone’s sales.

According to the Twitter account it’s an experiment. Let’s hope an experiment that they’ve realised isn’t working and decide to change the color scheme back.

On a slightly separate note, has anyone noticed that the sight is exceptionally slower than normal since the color change? Just a coincidence or something linked to it? It’s not my browser or my internet connection before anyone asks–tried in different browsers and done the usual stuff already…

Guest facebook_hottie

I was really Freaked out to see that everything was red. It was like Fiverr was trying to give me a huge “DANGER” warning of some kind…!

Green was such a happy color and created an awesome environment to work with.

Blue is acceptable but Red is creepy…!

Archived