False negative reviews

luce_stepankova

Has anybody else ever experienced a buyer who left a negative review stating false information?

A few days ago, I received an order from somebody, sent the work to them within a day and then have not heard from them - until they reviewed my services with 1.7*. But the issue is - all they said was false!

They complained about spelling errors - there were none of these in the delivery. And then they said that they never got a revision - but they never requested one or sent me a single message about it! Nevertheless, I messaged them and explained that I can still make any revisions they would like even after they accepted the delivery, but that they never sent me a request for one so I couldn’t have known they wanted it before they wrote the review. They said they thought they sent me a message about it and then proceeded to ignore me.

I am so frustrated because since this happened a few days ago, I received no new orders or messages from potential buyers. I’m scared that this false review is gonna ruin me. I messaged seller support, explaining the situation but so far I have not heard back from them.

Has anybody else been in a similar situation before? And what did you do? Any advice would be highly appreciated, because I don’t know what else to do!

Guest lloydsolutions

Has anybody else ever experienced a buyer who left a negative review stating false information?

A few days ago, I received an order from somebody, sent the work to them within a day and then have not heard from them - until they reviewed my services with 1.7*. But the issue is - all they said was false!

They complained about spelling errors - there were none of these in the delivery. And then they said that they never got a revision - but they never requested one or sent me a single message about it! Nevertheless, I messaged them and explained that I can still make any revisions they would like even after they accepted the delivery, but that they never sent me a request for one so I couldn’t have known they wanted it before they wrote the review. They said they thought they sent me a message about it and then proceeded to ignore me.

I am so frustrated because since this happened a few days ago, I received no new orders or messages from potential buyers. I’m scared that this false review is gonna ruin me. I messaged seller support, explaining the situation but so far I have not heard back from them.

Has anybody else been in a similar situation before? And what did you do? Any advice would be highly appreciated, because I don’t know what else to do!

They complained about spelling errors - there were none of these in the delivery.

“I am sorry to hear that you were unhappy, I always spell-check my work so I must have accidentally sent out the piece without the last changes I made.”

The above is taken from your response to the review left by the buyer.

• Leaving a Buyer’s feedback is a basic prerogative of a Buyer. Feedback reviews will not be removed unless there are clear violations of our Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards.

The above is from the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

Always best to just leave it and move on.

They complained about spelling errors - there were none of these in the delivery.

“I am sorry to hear that you were unhappy, I always spell-check my work so I must have accidentally sent out the piece without the last changes I made.”

• Leaving a Buyer’s feedback is a basic prerogative of a Buyer. Feedback reviews will not be removed unless there are clear violations of our Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards.

I don’t quite understand what you’re trying to say. I wrote that response before I checked the spelling and found out that there were no errors in it. And how do you propose I should move on if I’m not getting any new clients because of this?

Also, isn’t stating incorrect information a violation of terms of use?

Also, isn’t stating incorrect information a violation of terms of use?

Not unless it’s done maliciously.

Unfortunately there’s no arbitration on Fiverr. At the time of speaking, the company doesn’t concern itself too much with the accuracy of reviews. Buyers are more or less allowed to write what they want, unless they’re being abusive or are deliberately trying to sabotage someone’s account.

I’m scared that this false review is gonna ruin me.

It won’t ruin you, but it might take a while until you get new orders, unless it’s your only review.

I don’t quite understand what you’re trying to say. I wrote that response before I checked the spelling and found out that there were no errors in it. And how do you propose I should move on if I’m not getting any new clients because of this?

Why didn’t you check before writing the response. Now it looks as if you actually made a mistake. Not very smart.

You probably will get another client at some point, eventually 1 bad review will be compensated by multiple good ones. I wouldn’t fret over it. Fiverr isn’t the end of the world, there’s more marketplaces than Fiverr.

Why didn’t you check before writing the response. Now it looks as if you actually made a mistake. Not very smart.

You probably will get another client at some point, eventually 1 bad review will be compensated by multiple good ones. I wouldn’t fret over it. Fiverr isn’t the end of the world, there’s more marketplaces than Fiverr.

I didn’t check it before because I didn’t realize that they could be making it up. I know that it was a mistake and I would not reply before checking again. I naively thought that I must have really overlooked something.

You can respond to the review with your version of what transpired. Since you already did, you can’t do anything else. Unless the review is downright abusive, it won’t get removed. It becomes he said/she said at that point and CS resources are too limited to allow them to look into every review the seller (or the buyer) claims to be unfair.

You have another 4 orders in your queue which is good. They’ll help to mitigate the damage.

Archived