Buyer wants to exchange money & keep contact outside Fiverr

prithula37

Hello everyone,
Few days ago, a buyer contacted me for helping him in his affiliate marketing growth. He posted a request and I placed my offering for it. But after that, he asked me to exchange money and keep contact with him outside Fiverr.

What should I do?

Hello everyone,

Few days ago, a buyer contacted me for helping him in his affiliate marketing growth. He posted a request and I placed my offering for it. But after that, he asked me to exchange money and keep contact with him outside Fiverr.

What should I do?

What should I do?

Politely tell your buyer that, as per Fiverr’s Terms of Service, everything must be done within Fiverr.

If you communicate outside of Fiverr, or, even worse, accept payment outside of Fiverr, you risk getting permanently banned.

@coerdelion which rule you brake if you are posting a contact info on a Tumblr website which are allowed and does not brake any rules?

if you are posting a contact info on…

From the terms of service:

Requesting or providing Email addresses, S…/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.

Just because a site is in the allowed list for gig descriptions doesn’t mean you can put your contact details on there to communicate off Fiverr or exchange money off it.

if you are posting a contact info on…

From the terms of service:

Requesting or providing Email addresses, S…/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.

Just because a site is in the allowed list for gig descriptions doesn’t mean you can put your contact details on there to communicate off Fiverr or exchange money off it.

There is literary nowhere in TOS what you can post and what you cannot on TUBMLR? If Fiverr understand how websites work and understands how TUMBLR work they understand you can contact the TUMBLR user even NOT POSTING any email info.

There is literary nowhere in TOS what you can post and what you cannot on TUBMLR? If Fiverr understand how websites work and understands how TUMBLR work they understand you can contact the TUMBLR user even NOT POSTING any email info.

But even so, you shouldn’t be suggesting the OP does that for what the OP was asking, as that would be communicating off Fiverr/exchanging money off it, which isn’t allowed by the TOS.

edit: it’s probably in the allowed list for gig descriptions so it can be used for Tumblr related gigs.

Guest midul_islam

But even so, you shouldn’t be suggesting the OP does that for what the OP was asking, as that would be communicating off Fiverr/exchanging money off it, which isn’t allowed by the TOS.

edit: it’s probably in the allowed list for gig descriptions so it can be used for Tumblr related gigs.

Don’t do these …its against fiverr policy

He is not exchanging any information. You can post any post on TUMBLR also anyone can contact you via TUMBLR so I don’t see any TOS braking here. This is an open knowledge, it’s just something a not very good in Internet knowledge person could not know. But hiding an open knowledge to such a person is inhumane.

Hello everyone,

What should I do?

The OP asked:

he asked me to exchange money and keep contact with him outside Fiverr.

and you were telling the OP how to do that (or one of them). If the OP did either of those things they could get a warning or worse.

The OP asked:

he asked me to exchange money and keep contact with him outside Fiverr.

and you were telling the OP how to do that (or one of them). If the OP did either of those things they could get a warning or worse.

He won’t get any warning because you can post any post on TUMBLR. He also do not have to do this. If he just post a TUMBLR profile link where any use can contact him. You want to tell me that Fiverr created a rule which he brakes himself?

You should not contact anyone out of fiverr or work in fiverr but take money out of fiverr because

1. Fiverr can ban you
  2. If fiverr does come to know this and you work, and the day, you will not satisfy that buyer, he or she can complain to fiverr that you accepted payment from them out of fiverr and you will be banned.

Guest lloydsolutions

Hello everyone,

What should I do?

But after that, he asked me to exchange money and keep contact with him outside Fiverr.

BUYERS

Basics

• You may not offer direct payments to Sellers using payment systems outside of the Fiverr platform.

The above is from the Terms of Service.

Refer him to the Terms of Service and tell him that this is not permitted.

Archived