Fiverr Favors Scammers - Does not protect buyers

tedcbrown

However, you started with “I regretted purchasing this…” - that’s not a valid cancelation reason.

I agree, thank you. That was my mistake. However being contacted by hundreds of other scammers makes me skeptical about their ability to crack down on the issue.

They crackdown on them, but it’s like cockroaches. They ban 10, 100 come. It’s on buyers to vet sellers, this is an open platform.

Look, I thank you both for your input. I completely agree with you. Theres are terms of service agreements. I again, am not saying that everyone on Fiverr is scamming. I agree that work done should be paid for. I am aware that I most likely will not get my money back, thankfully I am in a place where that is okay.

I more just want to bring up that there are scammers in the system and it seems that Fiverr does not want to do anything about it.

For that to happen to a buyer account, something serious must have happened

I asked for work history. Usually, that was met with people calling me a scammer or giving work that was not theirs - even before me buying anything

just want to bring up that there are scammers in the system and it seems that Fiverr does not want to do anything about it.

Yes, there are. Mostly they’re buyers, though - and sellers, particularly newbies, are constantly being targeted by them. Not saying all buyers are scammers - I have some lovely buyers and am rarely bothered by the other kind …

just want to bring up that there are scammers in the system and it seems that Fiverr does not want to do anything about it.

Yes, there are. Mostly they’re buyers, though - and sellers, particularly newbies, are constantly being targeted by them. Not saying all buyers are scammers - I have some lovely buyers and am rarely bothered by the other kind …

I would say it’s about a 50-50 split between the meksells and the nightmare buyers.

They crackdown on them, but it’s like cockroaches. They ban 10, 100 come. It’s on buyers to vet sellers, this is an open platform.

It’s on buyers to vet sellers, this is an open platform.

I understand that, So i am using this post to help others and to raise awareness. Like I said, I agree that I went about this the wrong way - that was my fault. I am not saying you or others posting here are scammers, I recognize that Fiverr provides legitimate business for people. I am sharing my experience.

It’s on buyers to vet sellers, this is an open platform.

I understand that, So i am using this post to help others and to raise awareness. Like I said, I agree that I went about this the wrong way - that was my fault. I am not saying you or others posting here are scammers, I recognize that Fiverr provides legitimate business for people. I am sharing my experience.

But you titled the thread “Fiverr favors scammers - does not protect buyers”.

1 - They ban scammers when aware of them

2 - If anything (just ask anyone on the forum), fiverr is too buyer centric at the cost of seller protection, not the other way around.

What type of service were you trying to buy and how did you know they had no way of providing the service? Maybe the seller didn’t want to give away their methods if it was some technical service.

re: The work history and some not wanting to give it, maybe it was for client confidentiality (and giving confidential info on past work may be against the TOS) or because the work belongs to the past buyers now (the past buyers own the rights). For images/videos etc. the past work is shown in the live gallery if the buyer accepts it to be shown there when (and if) they write a review.

Mostly they’re buyers, though - and sellers, particularly newbies, are constantly being targeted by them.

… as I pointed out above … just sayin’ …

Mostly they’re buyers, though - and sellers, particularly newbies, are constantly being targeted by them.

… as I pointed out above … just sayin’ …

Ah , sorry, got mixed up. Meant to say there’s a lot of scammers in the seller side as well. I still think it should be around 50-50, depending on what you include on the category. All the review exchange, people selling accounts, multiple accounts per person, fake credentials and portfolios, etc.

Scammers are purposefully evil. Most of the newbies are floundering and being taken in by on and off Fiverr scammers of various descriptions.

I’m working on a video series to try to balance the scales …

… and, yes, I’m wishing myself good luck with that …

If someone spends time working on something, it’s unfair not to pay them for their time. It’s not like a product they can just sell to someone else.

I 100% agree with this. But the problem is that there are accounts on here advertising services they have no ability to provide. Including the one I bought from.

It’s not an automatic process, if someone reports you, the trust and safety team will look into your account and see if there is reason to ban you, and if they did, then that’s because they found some terms you violated.

on here advertising services they have no ability to provide

Could you elaborate on this part? What made you realize the seller was not able to provide the service? Because there are plenty of resellers who advertise services that they then outsource from other sellers even if they themselves can’t provide, they sort of find someone for you who can get the job done.

Again, thank you everyone for your input. Sorry for the delay, but I was unable to respond until after 24 hours had passed. First, I would like to say that maybe a better title for this thread should have been “Fiver Favors Scammers - Does not protect it’s users”.

@uk1000 and @janali. The service I was asking for was in relation to coding and c++. I completely understand not wanting to give away trade secrets and private information or orders from other customers. However, I was simply asking for any understanding relating to the project that they were signing up for. Even that resulted in copy-paste answers from Wikipedia. I did not go out of my way to message people that did not respond to my request. Therefore, all of the people who responded stated that they could provide me with the service I was asking for.

So, a lack of understanding when I was asking them to provide me any basic info about anything relating to my project, as well as linking to other people’s work or not linking me anything at all and immediately calling me a scammer or talking about how their family is in poor health and how I should accept their offer. These are all thing’s I encountered.

@janali, I do understand that some sellers may not be able to provide the services themselves and instead outsource. That being said, I emailed the people they said they worked with or the apps they said they created and have either not gotten a response or have been told they do not affiliate with that seller.

I will be honest, and say that yes - sometimes the conversations got less than amiable. However, this is after a long conversation of them not being able to provide any proof that they could actually provide me or anyone a service. This portrayed itself as me calling them a scammer, and saying I have reported them to Fiverr.

Again, I understand that maybe not everyone has a portfolio or work history. But In all of these cases, I was asking for any sort of knowledge regarding the subject matter.

This morning, I got an email that I was banned from Fiverr. I then got a response to my support ticket, except I am unable to respond to it since I cannot log into the account. I am attempting to email Fiverr, because I would like to know what specifically I said that was against their terms.

Again, I understand that this is not everyone on Fiverr - also if you are reading this then you are probably a Fiverr professional and have a bias toward Fiverr (I am not trying to use bias in a negative-manner here). I just would like to know from Fiverr, what exact language I used that was against their terms of service. I was simply asking for any sort of experience that would lead me to believe they could provide a service to me, or any of the services offered on their page.

Again, thank you everyone for your input. Sorry for the delay, but I was unable to respond until after 24 hours had passed. First, I would like to say that maybe a better title for this thread should have been “Fiver Favors Scammers - Does not protect it’s users”.

@uk1000 and @janali. The service I was asking for was in relation to coding and c++. I completely understand not wanting to give away trade secrets and private information or orders from other customers. However, I was simply asking for any understanding relating to the project that they were signing up for. Even that resulted in copy-paste answers from Wikipedia. I did not go out of my way to message people that did not respond to my request. Therefore, all of the people who responded stated that they could provide me with the service I was asking for.

So, a lack of understanding when I was asking them to provide me any basic info about anything relating to my project, as well as linking to other people’s work or not linking me anything at all and immediately calling me a scammer or talking about how their family is in poor health and how I should accept their offer. These are all thing’s I encountered.

@janali, I do understand that some sellers may not be able to provide the services themselves and instead outsource. That being said, I emailed the people they said they worked with or the apps they said they created and have either not gotten a response or have been told they do not affiliate with that seller.

I will be honest, and say that yes - sometimes the conversations got less than amiable. However, this is after a long conversation of them not being able to provide any proof that they could actually provide me or anyone a service. This portrayed itself as me calling them a scammer, and saying I have reported them to Fiverr.

Again, I understand that maybe not everyone has a portfolio or work history. But In all of these cases, I was asking for any sort of knowledge regarding the subject matter.

This morning, I got an email that I was banned from Fiverr. I then got a response to my support ticket, except I am unable to respond to it since I cannot log into the account. I am attempting to email Fiverr, because I would like to know what specifically I said that was against their terms.

Again, I understand that this is not everyone on Fiverr - also if you are reading this then you are probably a Fiverr professional and have a bias toward Fiverr (I am not trying to use bias in a negative-manner here). I just would like to know from Fiverr, what exact language I used that was against their terms of service. I was simply asking for any sort of experience that would lead me to believe they could provide a service to me, or any of the services offered on their page.

If you haven’t emailed them their address is support@fiverr.com if you can’t reply to their ticket.

I don’t know what was said so I don’t know what message caused it but the TOS page says:

Rude, abusive, improper language, or violent messages will not be tolerated and may result in an account warning or the suspension/removal of your account.

Maybe it could have been been because of the tone of (or what was said in) multiple conversations with multiple sellers. But Fiverr should be able to tell you. Maybe see if Fiverr could restore your account if that’s what you want.

Archived