I Just Bought a Car With my Fiverr Earnings - Ask Me Anything

brandontvedt

@brandontvedt

Thanks for the feedback I appreciate you taking the time to get back to me…in fact I am pretty amazed by the amount of time you are dedicating to this thread…Good Job Buddy!!

On a side note I’ve also just picked up your great tip on adding bonuses for higher value orders. I will be implementing that bad boy on my new gigs.

Thanks again.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there,

just wanted to get some advice. I achieved level 2 like 1 week ago and since then I am not getting any orders, I have been changing keywords every now and then. Can anyone tell me is changing keywords more often effects the sales and also what strategy should I be using to increase my sales more? Thanks.

Congrats Brandon. So I would like to know how many gigs is the average you can do on your average day… in case you have lots of bookings… For me with the translation gigs I can only do so much at time since it is exhausting even though I would like to do more to increase my sales even more…

Reply to @freelancemm:

Actually that reminds me of something - I have had customers tell me they would share my gig or w/e…I get that a -lot-. So technically I may be getting a decent amount of promotion; it’s just that I have nothing to do with it and am unaware of it if so 🙂

Perhaps start asking satisfied customers to use the social share button for you?

Reply to @ivyart:

I explain that you get what you pay for in one way or another, always. People grasp this at an intuitive level, and the people that don’t are the same ones who will place a $5 order from you and then expect the world. The earlier those people go elsewhere the better as far as I am concerned.

I basically just tell them look at the history of proven results you get when you hire me. Yes, I cost more than the other guy, but you make up in saved time what you pay me as a financial premium.

Then I rely on -actually delivering- that level of quality, which is the hard part to do consistently over time. If you do though, you’ll hardly ever lose customers and eventually get a lot of repeat work.

Reply to @ideveloper:

I’d stop changing your keywords so often. If they are constantly changing, they are never getting indexed, which means you won’t be showing up in search results - probably the cause of your lack of orders right there.

Regarding getting more sales, that’s a tough question; you seem to be doing well with your ratings and gig setup and everything. If you just made level 2, I suspect all you have to do is wait, and you should see more work if you continue to deliver good products.

Reply to @ivyart:

I’m kind of a machine when it comes to writing, but I’ve totally optimized my setup. I have voice recognition software that lets me ‘type’ at ~150 wpm or so when I get into the groove, and its fully adapted to my vocab and everything. I have a home recording studio so the equipment end of things is pretty high-end as well.

So things go very, very quickly for me.

I think I’m going about ~5 gigs a day on average, though I could go much, much higher (I work on multiple platforms and have my own private client book as well). Looks like one day a week or two ago I delivered 20+ in one day, I suspect my maximum daily limit would probably be ~50 gigs or so, if I worked from dawn till late night on nothing but Fiverr (which would cause me to go insane, likely).

Reply to @brandontvedt: Eh at this point I just don’t know. I either get a lot of orders all of a sudden, or hardly any. Seems weird and inconsistent. I’ll ask some and see how it works out. Most people give me glowing reviews, say “i’ll tell all my friends!” and I only ever got about 20 to 30 orders or so from referrals, which isn’t too bad… but, I had a whole lot more people tell me they would tell their friends/clients. I think apparently the amount of days plays a bit part too. I had one of my gigs at 2 days before, got about 5 to 10 orders a day on it almost constantly. I go and increase the days, less and less orders… less indexing, and just over-all less visibility. It’s frustrating that delivery time has to play such a big role over quality it seems.

Congratulations on the car! Also, I checked out your writing gig, and I’m impressed that you offer your services at 200 words/gig – that’s a really great deal. I offer mine at 150/gig (which is probably why you average about 50 more orders in queue than I do).

My question: I was wondering how you handle gigs that take much more time than others. I get buyers asking for a lot of research and sending a bunch of links to read and videos to watch. Do you ever ask for a consulting or research fee? My research fee is currently pretty high because I put it there to weed out time-consuming articles. Like you, I get enough business on here for what I want/need.

Reply to @shivettes:

Actually, I thought I was offering the least amount of words of any of the ‘major’ writers here on Fiverr. The #1 guy offers 1k words for a single gig (though his turnaround time is very long).

Also, 150 words is not a good multiple in terms of SEO best practices. The mandated minimum from Google is currently 300, and you want to be over that by a bit to give some extra cushion. That’s why my ‘double gig’ is 400 in length - plenty of extra room for those concerned about SEO.

A 150 word per gig limit implies that you may be less aware of SEO principles, which matters to buyers who are aware of them. Changing your offered words per gig to 175 or 200 may have a big effect for just that reason.

Regarding time consuming gigs, I simply don’t accept those sorts of projects through Fiverr. That’s why I offer 200 words as a base, and an extended 400 word extra - note there are no other length-increasing extras.

Keeping it to short and sweet articles suitable for SEO, blogging, and the like basically ensures that the complexity is kept low. There simply isn’t enough room to engage in extended analysis along with the setup, etc., so you don’t end up doing it.

If people ask me to do longer projects I just tell them I earn far more per word everywhere else I work, and am thus not interested in accepting long or complex projects through this platform. I’m sure I’m losing jobs that way, but since that statement is true, I don’t much care.

Reply to @rajaadnan:

Hi Raja, welcome to Fiverr.

I’d start by taking a look at the thread on optimizing your gig, and do all of that.

I’d also consider scrubbing the thumbnail you use for your FB picture like gig.

I don’t know that ‘Swag on, f*** my haters’ is the sort of message businesses looking to pay for social media promotion are interested in seeing, but you chose a thumbnail that displays just that? Odd choice, my friend.

Reply to @bestgraphicguru:

Why are you using a stock photo and pretending to be someone you are not?

Also, the language you use in your profile reminds me of that commonly used by people for whom English is their second language.

As a professional writer whose first language -is- English (and I speak several others as well, giving me perspective on this particular issue), you have several ‘tells’ that are dead giveaways in my opinion.

What I would suggest is redoing the profile honestly, including disclosing where you are from, and the fact that you are likely new to the freelancing world.

If contrary to all evidence and intuition I’m wrong on this, you actually are the model ‘Smiling Old Man’ and you are a Californian graphic (see how its singular there - not ‘graphics’ like you have in your profile? That’s one of your tells) designer with 20 years experience you have my apologies of course 🙂

Hi Brandon,

I am not sure if you are still answering questions but here goes. I have 3 gigs up one has an awful picture and has done nothing should I remove it? Any overall advice when you look at my gigs? I like my videos on my two gigs but I don’t include me in them, should I?

Congratulations ! Very inspiring , a car!

I need some help , pls . I’m fairly new to this site .

I listed a gig for custom orders request in order for the buyer to be able to pay the extra $5 for customizing their miniature sweets . And it was taken down - We are sorry, but your Gig: ‘customize your order’ did not pass our content editors’ review.

We see that your current Gig does not have a $5 service. All services on Fiverr start at $5. For your Gig to remain listed on the site, you must offer a $5 basic service.

As you earn Levels on Fiverr, based on your performance and reputation, you’ll unlock tools that will enable you to offer multiple Gigs or Extras (add-ons) in a single transaction.

Reply to @snoringcat:

I would get a better picture of your bead Christmas trees, yes; one of them is pretty badly out of focus in your thumbnail, etc.

There is no reason to necessarily include yourself in the videos if you don’t want to. That said, I don’t know that the videos you have are the best at ‘selling’ your service, so to speak. The little kid in the guitar picture is cute and all, but I would think you could come up with something that may help actually move more gigs if you put some thought into it.

Other than that, my only thought is that you’re really over-delivering, wow! All your gigs sound really time-consuming to me, but I’m not a handy person or arty-crafty at all either.

I’d consider adding a whole bunch more gigs too; if you’re going the ‘weird/wacky/fun’ route, you want to have 10-20 different gigs, not just a couple.

Reply to @megatraffic2014:

Well, ‘Mary’, considering that the picture you’re using is the same fake female stock photo that a Pakistani male named ‘Sunny’ blogs under, I bet that some people are able to figure out that your gigs aren’t all they are cracked up to be.

Offering ‘AdSense Safe Traffic’ are we? That’s a blatant scam, and violates the ToS of both AdSense and Fiverr.

I suggest you stop offering fake services and try some real ones, and maybe be honest about who you are rather than posting a fake pic of some model; that may help increase sales.

Archived