HELP...is this normal?

Hello. I just have a custom offer doing record my voice. But after the customer accept my offer, he sent me a link and want me to access to the site out of fiverr. I don’t feel confortable with that but is this normal??

But after the customer accept my offer, he sent me a link and want me to access to the site out of fiverr. I don’t feel confortable with that but is this normal??

It depends on if the buyer wants to communicate outside of Fiverr or if they only want to show you a site that has a sample of the type of work they are looking for.

I have buyers send me links to their websites for proofreading and that is okay.

@heyfellow1 @vickiespencer Thank you for your reply. In the case we cancel this order, will it affect me somehow? like losing money or bad rate and so on…

Yes it will affect your cancellation rate which is dumb. I know, I have had a total of two orders cancelled and none of them was my fault, I contacted support and they’re response was " We cannot change seller metrics". So yeah. Never resort for a cancellation.

Yes it will affect your cancellation rate which is dumb. I know, I have had a total of two orders cancelled and none of them was my fault, I contacted support and they’re response was " We cannot change seller metrics". So yeah. Never resort for a cancellation.

Oh no:( Thats terrible… I hope I can solve this problem without any cancellation. Anyways, thank you for sharing your story!!

@heyfellow1 @vickiespencer Thank you for your reply. In the case we cancel this order, will it affect me somehow? like losing money or bad rate and so on…

In the case we cancel this order, will it affect me somehow? like losing money or bad rate and so on…

If you are canceling because the buyer asked for contact outside of Fiverr, you may not be affected by the cancellation. However, you need to cancel through Customer Service and not the resolution center. Explain why you are canceling and request that because it is not your fault, you want the cancelation not to affect your stats. It is best to attach a screenshot of the part where your buyer asked for contact off of Fiverr.

CS is taking between 5 to 9 days to respond now due to the thousands of new sellers since the pandemic. If you do not have enough time to wait for a response from them, then cancel through the order. Then contact CS with all of the relevant information, including screenshots of the conversation.

Yes it will affect your cancellation rate

Not always, I have contacted CS many times when an unfair cancellation happened and they have corrected my stats.

In the case we cancel this order, will it affect me somehow? like losing money or bad rate and so on…

If you are canceling because the buyer asked for contact outside of Fiverr, you may not be affected by the cancellation. However, you need to cancel through Customer Service and not the resolution center. Explain why you are canceling and request that because it is not your fault, you want the cancelation not to affect your stats. It is best to attach a screenshot of the part where your buyer asked for contact off of Fiverr.

CS is taking between 5 to 9 days to respond now due to the thousands of new sellers since the pandemic. If you do not have enough time to wait for a response from them, then cancel through the order. Then contact CS with all of the relevant information, including screenshots of the conversation.

Not always, I have contacted CS many times when an unfair cancellation happened and they have corrected my stats.

I attached screenshots and even themselves admitted that it wasn’t my fault. But I was hit with the " Customer Support can’t change seller metrics."image.png.6999bd72327465fcd5f74db301ffa8b3.png

Although every situation is different, so you should contact support anyway.

I attached screenshots and even themselves admitted that it wasn’t my fault. But I was hit with the " Customer Support can’t change seller metrics."image

But I was hit with the " Customer Support can’t change seller metrics.

I have received that copy and paste message too, but when I looked at my stats they were corrected.😉

But I was hit with the " Customer Support can’t change seller metrics.

I have received that copy and paste message too, but when I looked at my stats they were corrected.😉

My metrics weren’t and if I hadn’t got a lot of orders, I would have lost the chance of getting level 1 tommorow.

I would have lost the chance of getting level 1 tommorow.

I am sorry. 🙁

@heyfellow1 @vickiespencer

I see… Thank you again for your replies.

Actually, I got this message after I tell him I am unconfortable doing that. “We need to do the recording directly on the client’s system so that there’s no hassle of editing for the participants. It is not against Fiverr policies as we have done this multiple times.”. What do you guys think…?! I really don’t know what should I do now. Also I set the deadline as 3 days. Also I can find only one review on his page even though he says he did this work multiple times…

Guest humanissocial

Yes, it’s normal to let a buyer use Fiverr to take business off of Fiverr (sarcasm).

Sorry, but this is common sense that the answer is no and you need to understand the ToS anyway. You agree to them when you register.

This is either abuse of Fiverr or a scam. You’re super vulnerable if you have to ask this question.

It depends,

If he/she wants to communicate you outside Fiverr. Then No You can’t do that.

If he/she wants to refer you something (Like his/her website or inspiration they are looking for) then that completely ok.

@humanissocial @bumblepixco Thank you for your replies! He wants me to do work through/using thier system not let me send him just a file. He doesn’t mean he wants to communicate with me out of fiverr.

Guest humanissocial

@humanissocial @bumblepixco Thank you for your replies! He wants me to do work through/using thier system not let me send him just a file. He doesn’t mean he wants to communicate with me out of fiverr.

I know. That’s what I’m saying. You shouldn’t have to ask if it’s okay to use Fiverr to take business away from Fiverr first because why would Fiverr allow you to divert revenue from their business and second because you would know if you read the ToS.

if you only clicking on his/her link to see their samples then it is okay. It is not okay to accepting orders outside Fiverr, it’s against TOS

@bumblepixco I meant he is directing me to an outside website and recording on it.

@humanissocial @muztre But yes, it seems that i should just cancel this order if he doesn’t allow me to provide a mp3 file through fiverr message.

Because I am new here and this is my first order, all of your opinions are very helpful. Thank you.

Archived