Seller refuses to cancel my order

sarah00

************, said it will done for free but it was the same video​:roll_eyes:Complained about how it took her almost an half an hour to do​:confused:😩She says we’re taking advantage of third world countries​:thinking:Ma’am, I’m not sure where that came from but I came here for business nothing else​:roll_eyes:I told her I don’t want it because it’s promotional material so she’s still refusing to cancel. I emailed Kathy from Fiverr CS and she was no help. Fiverr CS said that it didn’t fit my personal taste​:thinking:Excuse me, again I’m here for business and everything has been unprofessional on the seller and Fiverr CS. I’m beyond unsatisfied & all the above.

Mod Note: Username removed.

@mschristina12, In addition to what @ignareint said, it would be best if you put spaces between your emojis and the words of your text. It is hard to read your post the way it is.

Fiverr CS said that it didn’t fit my personal taste​ :thinking:

What CS means is that if the seller provides the service described in their gig, but you do not like it because of your personal taste, that is not a reason to cancel. The best you can do now is to cancel and write a review that reflects your experience.

• Like 15

@mschristina12

Hello Christina, I’m sorry to hear about your experience, but you might want to censor the name of the seller as it is against the forum rules.

Hi there & I’m so sorry! I usually do read them but when I read this I just said OMGOSH there’s others out there that this has happened to as well?Thank you for getting back with me!

• Like 11

@mschristina12, In addition to what @ignareint said, it would be best if you put spaces between your emojis and the words of your text. It is hard to read your post the way it is.

Fiverr CS said that it didn’t fit my personal taste​ :thinking:

What CS means is that if the seller provides the service described in their gig, but you do not like it because of your personal taste, that is not a reason to cancel. The best you can do now is to cancel and write a review that reflects your experience.

CS=customer service. It’s been counted nine times for the seller to cancel and still refused​:roll_eyes:I sent another email to get someone new and those two representatives are doing the same thing​:woman_facepalming:t4:♀I did ask for her to cancel or would you rather the one 🌟 I see it’s the 🌟 that’s mainly concerned for​:confused:like are you working or do it to your standards and the customer​:thinking: Fraudulent people​:weary:If no other new Fiverr customer service emails me back then I’ll make my decision. I’ll be sure to not buy from that region again​:cry:Thank you for getting back with me

• Like 9

• 1 year later...

I am so disappointed with Fiverr, I will never do any transaction here . I contacted a seller and we agreed that he render me some services which I paid $50 . Immediately I made the payment , he stopped replying to me and when I cancelled the order , he keeps declining. He has declined the order several times and he's not doing anything. I have written Fiverr support team and they are doing nothing about it . I thought with Fiverr my funds were secured . I am totally disappointed because someone is stressing me over my money and he has not delivered anything I ordered . 

• Like 12

10 minutes ago, lambi2010 said:

Immediately I made the payment , he stopped replying to me

How long is the duration of your project? Has this order been delivered?

and when I cancelled the order , he keeps declining.

There are details that are missing here. Has this order been delivered, did you try to cancel it mid order, are you cancelling because he didn't reply to you? Or has he stopped replying to you at all once you placed the order -- and whats going on now is you initiated to cancel the order yet he declines such (but still no convo going on)

I have written Fiverr support team and they are doing nothing about it .

What did Customer Support exactly say or respond as to your concern?

I thought with Fiverr my funds were secured .

It is. When you pay for a project, the funds never reach the seller until it is "marked completed" (which is in your control for 3 days after the seller delivers an order -- you can literally reject the delivery). Should the 3 days have passed it would be automatically marked complete. So only then will the seller have your funds. And even then there is a clearing period of 7-14 days before it reflects on the seller's account.

I am totally disappointed because someone is stressing me over my money and he has not delivered anything I ordered . 

Anyway, Customer Support would be able to cancel the order if the seller has not delivered anything and the delivery date has passed.

Edited by theratypist
  • Like 13

23 minutes ago, theratypist said:

There are details that are missing here. Has this order been delivered, did you try to cancel it mid order, are you cancelling because he didn't reply to you? Or has he stopped replying to you at all once you placed the order -- and whats going on now is you initiated to cancel the order yet he declines such (but still no convo going on)

It is. When you pay for a project, the funds never reach the seller until it is "marked completed" (which is in your control for 3 days after the seller delivers an order -- you can literally reject the delivery). Should the 3 days have passed it would be automatically marked complete. So only then will the seller have your funds. And even then there is a clearing period of 7-14 days before it reflects on the seller's account.

Anyway, Customer Support would be able to cancel the order if the seller has not delivered anything and the delivery date has passed.

The expected delivery date has not passes but ever since I made the payment he's not longer responding to my calls not my texts. He's not doing the work at all and that's why I cancelled the order yet he keeps declining 

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, lambi2010 said:

The expected delivery date has not passes but ever since I made the payment he's not longer responding to my calls not my texts. He's not doing the work at all and that's why I cancelled the order yet he keeps declining 

30 minutes ago, theratypist said:

This seller is a scammer . He has prepared a document which he submitted as complete and that's not what I ordered for . He knows what he's doing and he's not willing to let go of my funds 

• Like 12

33 minutes ago, theratypist said:

Fiverr is a mess . Customer support is just a name and they are not doing anything to solve the problem . 

• Like 12

16 minutes ago, lambi2010 said:

If you're saying this...

9 minutes ago, lambi2010 said:

He has prepared a document which he submitted as complete and that's not what I ordered for .

Why am I understanding this as he has delivered and he did the work?

he's not willing to let go of my funds 

Like I said, you can reject a delivery and the funds are not with the seller unless the order is marked complete.

9 minutes ago, lambi2010 said:

Fiverr is a mess . Customer support is just a name and they are not doing anything to solve the problem . 

I asked what did Customer Support reply to your message when you reached out to them? They usually will cancel an order in favor of the buyer in cases similar to yours. 

• Like 14

Fiverr is allowing scammers to get away with lying to customers with their descriptions and then refusing to refund. They blame the customers lack of taste or lack of patience surrounding the issue but I just had the exact same issue today. He literally copied and pasted a broken "solution" off of chegg and submitted it as his answer to my programming question. It was completely wrong and wasted my time waiting for his answer. Customer support has yet to respond and I haven't found any proposed solutions other than to hope he accepts to refund my buy into his scam

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, joshuachrist746 said:

He literally copied and pasted a broken "solution" off of chegg and submitted it as his answer to my programming question.

Was it a school assignment question? 
did you include the link to fiverr support to the source where seller stole the code? 
How long has its been since you opened your ticket? 
why not to wait till you get the response from the support team before jumping to conclusions that there is no protection? 😉

• Like 12

18 minutes ago, mandilee88 said:

Seller didnt deliver anything but insisted to mark it as completed.  I paid 100 bucks but i got nth 

This is someone else’s topic and it’s better to open your own. 

However sellers can not mark orders as completed. They can deliver your order and you have 3 days to reject the delivery if they sent empty delivery and report him for that. 
Now your best bet is to open a ticket with support and report that seller. 

• Like 13

6 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

This is someone else’s topic and it’s better to open your own. 

However sellers can not mark orders as completed. They can deliver your order and you have 3 days to reject the delivery if they sent empty delivery and report him for that. 
Now your best bet is to open a ticket with support and report that seller. 

thank you for your advice! 
Yes I have just opened a ticket and also reported it to the support team. 

• Like 12

14 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Was it a school assignment question? 
did you include the link to fiverr support to the source where seller stole the code? 
How long has its been since you opened your ticket? 
why not to wait till you get the response from the support team before jumping to conclusions that there is no protection? 😉

It was a question for my engineering course.

Yes, I did when I sent the request but they won't be able to see it cause you have to pay Chegg to.

I opened my ticket 20+ hours ago and still heard nothing, if they're working on it they could at least tell me so.

Because I have yet to get a response and there is no indication that they have noticed my request or of when I will receive my refund.

• Like 13

On 6/14/2022 at 2:48 PM, joshuachrist746 said:

It was a question for my engineering course.

Is this academic work, then? You know that's against Fiverr's Terms of Service...? So if you contacted CS about this, they might penalize you too if they think this was an assignment for college.

• Like 12
  • Up 1

• 2 months later...

I'm in the same boat but lost way more than $50. It's incredibly upsetting. I trusted the site and the seller and now I'm out a lot of money. Delivery is in 5 days but she's had an entire month to illustrate my book and I only have recieved one completed illustration. She keeps sending me the same illustration or an illustration that is cut off so I can't see the whole thing. He response time is ridiculous yet she'll deny cancelation within seconds. I just want out. 😞 I've contacted customer support and I've heard nothing so far. I'm so scared I won't get a refund

• Like 10