"She" has more than 250 Orders in Queue

kiran444

It’s not against fiverr’s rules to have multiple people working under a single account as long as there is a “main” person and “juniors” that help out. In my opinion, it should be explicitly stated in profile’s description for the transparency’s sake but my opinion is irrelevant as fiverr clearly doesn’t think so.

Counting orders in competitors’ queues has become a bit of a sport on fiverr these days from what I’m seeing.

:rofl:

Counting orders in competitors’ queues has become a bit of a sport on fiverr these days from what I’m seeing.

Most of those covers are 10 minutes of work (let’s face it, the username wasn’t censored properly).

Most of those covers are 10 minutes of work

125 orders per day X 10 minutes each = 1250 minutes per day of work =

21 hours per day of work if working without any breaks

I admit to being unable to figure out how she does it.

125 orders per day X $10 each (average profit per sale) = $1,250 per day income

Most of those covers are 10 minutes of work

125 orders per day X 10 minutes each = 1250 minutes per day of work =

21 hours per day of work if working without any breaks

I admit to being unable to figure out how she does it.

125 orders per day X $10 each (average profit per sale) = $1,250 per day income

Yes. It’s a bunch of people doing not a terribly sophisticated work. Like your average ad agency intern making instagram tiles, dozens and dozens of them a day. Except I do hope these people are getting monetary compensation.

There is something fishy about this:

To Avoid copyright issues, I provide premium stock image at no extra cost (for all my customers). You can as well send me your own image if you have one.

Am I missing a trick here? I’ve bought stock images for my own book covers. I just can’t see how a seller can make any profit on $8 if or even $24 if including premium images?

Very fishy. Sounds like he doesn’t want a record of him including that in gigs. If he does this it wouldn’t be in the contracts that he included it and he could just remove that statement from his description and pretend it didnt happen.

Yes. It’s a bunch of people doing not a terribly sophisticated work. Like your average ad agency intern making instagram tiles, dozens and dozens of them a day. Except I do hope these people are getting monetary compensation.

There you go Lena. Maybe you could find a staff to do volumes of book covers.

I can’t wrap my mind around this type of operation frankly. How is this even possible, not to mention getting so many orders.

Most of the reviews are excellent too.

Regarding premium images, don’t some companies allow you to use an image as much as you wish for one initial price? or for a flat monthly fee?

There you go Lena. Maybe you could find a staff to do volumes of book covers.

I can’t wrap my mind around this type of operation frankly. How is this even possible, not to mention getting so many orders.

Most of the reviews are excellent too.

Regarding premium images, don’t some companies allow you to use an image as much as you wish for one initial price? or for a flat monthly fee?

Maybe you could find a staff to do volumes of book covers.

I’ve worked for a publishing house for 3.5 years. I was from the online department (it was back when publishers only started realizing that print was about to die and digital was the way to go) and it still scarred me enough that as soon as I hear “book cover” or “author”, I start running in another direction screaming and don’t look back. 🙂

How is this even possible, not to mention getting so many orders.

A lot of those are probably in revision. A lot of those probably get canceled but given the volume, it doesn’t affect anything. The publishing world is pretty close-knit. One author makes a cover, 10 authors from the same niche want a (very) similar cover by the same designer. I’ve read chain emails of authors fighting for months over the same stock picture.

Depending on the number of people involved, I can see this operation functioning within fiverr’s ToS. Not that it doesn’t look astonishing to me, it’s just the whole “would you look what this extremely successful competitor of mine is doing!!!” is a pet peeve of mine.

I’ve worked for a publishing house for 3.5 years. I was from the online department (it was back when publishers only started realizing that print was about to die and digital was the way to go) and it still scarred me enough that as soon as I hear “book cover” or “author”, I start running in another direction screaming and don’t look back. 🙂

A lot of those are probably in revision. A lot of those probably get canceled but given the volume, it doesn’t affect anything. The publishing world is pretty close-knit. One author makes a cover, 10 authors from the same niche want a (very) similar cover by the same designer. I’ve read chain emails of authors fighting for months over the same stock picture.

Depending on the number of people involved, I can see this operation functioning within fiverr’s ToS. Not that it doesn’t look astonishing to me, it’s just the whole “would you look what this extremely successful competitor of mine is doing!!!” is a pet peeve of mine.

Some of your art is of collectible quality. Given the right angle I can see it being sold on Amazon as decorative art. There is a huge market for the right kind of artwork to be framed and hung.

But on the subject of getting that many orders in the queue and with only a two day deadline, I would love to see what their work setup looks like.

I see the 100% satisfaction guarantee and unlimited revisions too. Amazing.

Some of your art is of collectible quality. Given the right angle I can see it being sold on Amazon as decorative art. There is a huge market for the right kind of artwork to be framed and hung.

But on the subject of getting that many orders in the queue and with only a two day deadline, I would love to see what their work setup looks like.

I see the 100% satisfaction guarantee and unlimited revisions too. Amazing.

I did 128 instagram tiles the other day. I usually decline that kind of soul-crushing work but the times are tough. You can do a lot if you’re naturally quick (not all the designers are) and if you know the aesthetic the client is going for.

PS Making it in the art world requires a lot of networking, self-promotion and social interactions. A.k.a. the three things I suck at. 🙂 I seriously appreciate the kind words, though.

I did 128 instagram tiles the other day. I usually decline that kind of soul-crushing work but the times are tough. You can do a lot if you’re naturally quick (not all the designers are) and if you know the aesthetic the client is going for.

PS Making it in the art world requires a lot of networking, self-promotion and social interactions. A.k.a. the three things I suck at. 🙂 I seriously appreciate the kind words, though.

I’ve seen people selling blobs of paint on canvass for big money on ebay. The thing they have in common usually is they are huge and cover up a lot of blank wall space.

I’ve seen people selling blobs of paint on canvass for big money on ebay. The thing they have in common usually is they are huge and cover up a lot of blank wall space.

Abstract art sells well because it looks great in interior design and on fabric. In other words, you can really apply it in a physical world as opposed to just admiring it. I find some of those blobs very satisfying to look at. 🙂

Abstract art sells well because it looks great in interior design and on fabric. In other words, you can really apply it in a physical world as opposed to just admiring it. I find some of those blobs very satisfying to look at. 🙂

I can envision you doing something with wall art.

Freshome.com – 11 Aug 15
gray.thumb.jpg.b12568367b31e384996c8e52ac42bcc7.jpg

Why Wall Art Matters Most In Interior Design | Freshome.com

Forget making it the last step, we'll show you why wall art matters most as you go about designing the rooms of your home.

d8847cec0dbf397e0d9f473c207ca25b50dbf029_2_690x460.jpeg.8f4208a53e6ed4a7aff56da71883d071.jpeg

A lot of those are probably in revision. A lot of those probably get canceled but given the volume, it doesn’t affect anything.

Having looked at the number of reviews being received (approx 40/day) and what some of the negative reviews say, it would seem likely that a lot are in revision.

Archived