Buyer Falsely Accusses Me of Copyright Violation After EIGHT Days

blasterdark

Hello everyone,

I have been scammed by a buyer. He falsely accused me of a copyright violation The buyer requested me to write an article and provide screenshots of testimonials from users from websites. I wrote the review myself as I always do with each customer.

I sent a rough draft to the customer over 24 hours before delivering the work. He never responded to me after I sent the rough draft. Then, I delivered the work on time and offered a revision if he needed one. He never responded to me. I have not heard from him in nine days since sending the rough draft.

Now eight days after sending the work, he is falsely accusing me to violating copyright laws.

Hi, how are you?
Personally, when a client does not respond, I cancel the project to avoid problems, it is always better for the client to see the work process before taking it for granted, so if you see that you do not agree with something, you can always cancel it on time. Get in touch with Fiverr customer service, they can still help you.

Hi, how are you?

Personally, when a client does not respond, I cancel the project to avoid problems, it is always better for the client to see the work process before taking it for granted, so if you see that you do not agree with something, you can always cancel it on time. Get in touch with Fiverr customer service, they can still help you.

Thank you for your advice. I sent an email to Fiverr’s customer service. I also provided proof that the article was 100% unique. Hopefully this will be overturned. This is my first experience with a scam and it has put a sour taste in my mouth.

Thank you for your advice. I sent an email to Fiverr’s customer service. I also provided proof that the article was 100% unique. Hopefully this will be overturned. This is my first experience with a scam and it has put a sour taste in my mouth.

Thats normal, alot of people doing that, i got used to it. Atleast one person from 100 buyers.

I also have customers who order a gig, and never come back, i dont know why since they paid for it.

Hello everyone,

I have been scammed by a buyer. He falsely accused me of a copyright violation The buyer requested me to write an article and provide screenshots of testimonials from users from websites. I wrote the review myself as I always do with each customer.

I sent a rough draft to the customer over 24 hours before delivering the work. He never responded to me after I sent the rough draft. Then, I delivered the work on time and offered a revision if he needed one. He never responded to me. I have not heard from him in nine days since sending the rough draft.

Now eight days after sending the work, he is falsely accusing me to violating copyright laws.

What do you mean by each of these things?

Are these real or are you creating them?

provide screenshots of testimonials from users from websites

I wrote the review myself as I always do with each customer.

What do you mean by each of these things?

Are these real or are you creating them?

provide screenshots of testimonials from users from websites

I wrote the review myself as I always do with each customer.

The buyer requested screenshots of testimonials of users from websites. For example, people post testimonials or reviews on Google. The buyer wanted me to mention common praises and/or criticisms of the product. Some users find this particular feature to difficult to use.

What don’t you understand from the second quote? Sorry, I’m a bit lost on the misunderstanding.

The buyer requested screenshots of testimonials of users from websites. For example, people post testimonials or reviews on Google. The buyer wanted me to mention common praises and/or criticisms of the product. Some users find this particular feature to difficult to use.

What don’t you understand from the second quote? Sorry, I’m a bit lost on the misunderstanding.

Writing reviews for products or services is not something that can be sold on Fiverr and usually results in a ban. It sounds like that’s what you are doing so I wanted to clarify.

Writing reviews for products or services is not something that can be sold on Fiverr and usually results in a ban. It sounds like that’s what you are doing so I wanted to clarify.

My gig is not offering reviews. This buyer basically ordered a review, and I wasn’t aware it was against the rules. I should have reported him. This situation seems to be getting worse.

My gig is not offering reviews. This buyer basically ordered a review, and I wasn’t aware it was against the rules. I should have reported him. This situation seems to be getting worse.

Yeah, that’s what I figured. If this was a normal article or whatever and not a review, I would have suggested telling them “No” and mentioning to Support that you have not broken copyright.

However, in this situation I would imagine they would take action.

Unfortunately, I don’t think you can cancel the order without Support’s help so it is kind of a difficult situation. I would start by telling them you didn’t copy the article and you can’t cancel the order as it is beyond the three day acceptance period.

You could also ask them why they are saying that. Sometimes people run articles through free Copyscape programs and get results showing some level of copyright, even if it isn’t.

Yeah, that’s what I figured. If this was a normal article or whatever and not a review, I would have suggested telling them “No” and mentioning to Support that you have not broken copyright.

However, in this situation I would imagine they would take action.

Unfortunately, I don’t think you can cancel the order without Support’s help so it is kind of a difficult situation. I would start by telling them you didn’t copy the article and you can’t cancel the order as it is beyond the three day acceptance period.

You could also ask them why they are saying that. Sometimes people run articles through free Copyscape programs and get results showing some level of copyright, even if it isn’t.

You’re right. It’s well beyond 3 days. It’s been eight days since delivery and it was automatically approved. It is very suspicious to file any complaint after eight days, and refusing to respond to the seller after I sent a draft of my work. I will wait to see how Fiverr responds. This buyer is clearly pulling a scam.

Is there a deadline to request a refund?

We all work in different ways, so this is not a criticism. But I would never send a draft article to a client. Never. I’m writing this for any new Fiverr sellers that might be reading this to help them avoid getting scammed…

Most writers take pride in their work, so the term ‘draft’ basically means a near finished article.

Unless you formally deliver your work, the buyer can cancel the order at any point and walk away with a free article that is probably good enough for their purposes despite it being a ‘draft’.

In order to allow your client to request changes, you can choose to offer one or more revisions as part of your gig.

By doing it this way, you can significantly reduce the chances of being scammed.

We all work in different ways, so this is not a criticism. But I would never send a draft article to a client. Never. I’m writing this for any new Fiverr sellers that might be reading this to help them avoid getting scammed…

Most writers take pride in their work, so the term ‘draft’ basically means a near finished article.

Unless you formally deliver your work, the buyer can cancel the order at any point and walk away with a free article that is probably good enough for their purposes despite it being a ‘draft’.

In order to allow your client to request changes, you can choose to offer one or more revisions as part of your gig.

By doing it this way, you can significantly reduce the chances of being scammed.

Thank you for the advice. However,the buyer in this case stopped communicating and the system automatically approved the delivery. I also offered a revision in my message of the delivery, which he also ignored. Then, eight days later he files a false complaint. He is stealing by means of lying to Fiverr.

Archived