Sellers are not protected

gm_production

It’s not useless if you are clever. Sometimes I use Tor to look at Fiverr and explore the search. Doing that can give you a pretty good idea what your placement looks like.

Doing that can give you a pretty good idea what your placement looks like.

I guess you are referring to the similar thing as me above 👇

I searched for my gig only 5-6 times and mostly to see how my updated picture looks like among other gigs and if it’s catching attention better than others.

Move on with your work, check your gig description in case something can be reworded/made less open to interpretation after this experience you had.

Have a look at my gig description of 2d animation on my profile if you can there is clearly mentioned in gig description also in FAQ that once the script is submitted, change in the script will not be entertained unless you pay more because we shall have to go through all the same process again.

But still back maybe five or six months ago I received a direct order & he submitted all the details & the delivery was one day. I confirmed to him twice that please check there should be no mistake. He confirmed twice & I asked my teammate to record a voice over for him according to his script. I did pay my teammate a $15 for the voice-over & I started animating the video.

After I sent him the delivery he said I don’t find this script attractive & I want to change the script. I said I will change it but you have to pay me extra. He said I will not give a penny to you as it is part of your order. I said I have written already on my gig twice to avoid these experiences. He said I don’t have time to read your descriptions or anything else. Without wasting time I did contact the Customer Support & what they said "We are very sorry to hear about this. We can’t force a buyer to cancel an order or we can’t cancel it. We have gone through all your gig & find that you are perfectly right in your words but we are very sorry. We advise you to wait for your buyer’s reply & I was left mercily for seven days. Every time I contact them they say we are sorry for this & what after this behavior I have to change the script & record a voice-over again & pay the teammate again for the voice-over because I didn’t want to cancel the order & disturbed my whole profile.

Even after mentioning there are some stupid & annoying buyers who do these things because they know Customer Support will not do anything against them. His order was $35 form which I was going to earn $28 & I paid $30 to just my teammate & $4 as a fee for those two orders to Fiverr. Even I worked for him & got $6 loss even after mentioning in the description as well as in FAQ.

there is clearly mentioned in gig description also in FAQ that once the script is submitted, change in the script will not be entertained

It’s mentioned in my gig description in ALL CAPS to contact me BEFORE placing the order. It works 40% of the time, 60% of the time it doesn’t. If I remove it, they’ll contact me in 15-20% of cases instead.

If it doesn’t work when the order is placed, I at least can screenshot my gig terms and send them to the buyer to prove something they wanted is out of scope/impossible. At least in half of cases it persuades them to purchase an extra for additional work.

Adding disclaimers to gig description works. It doesn’t work 100% of the time and it’s unfortunate. That’s my politically correct terms for what my feelings are on the matter. I have a lot of feelings when I receive an order and the brief is vague and ends with: “Can you do it?” A lot of strong feelings. 🙂

Buyers don’t read, fiverr does everything in their power to make gig requirements look as insignificant as possible. Yeah.

Doing that can give you a pretty good idea what your placement looks like.

I searched for my gig only 5-6 times and mostly to see how my updated picture looks like among other gigs and if it’s catching attention better than others.

No. I used Tor (the anonymous web browser) to test visiting Fiverr from several regions like a buyer to see where my gigs were. They were all on the last pages. Then I moved them all to categories where there are a maximum of 2-pages of search results. This way, Fiverr can throw me to the back pages as many times as it likes, but I’ll always never go further than page 2.

That said, I did revamp my images at the same time.

No. I used Tor (the anonymous web browser) to test visiting Fiverr from several regions like a buyer to see where my gigs were. They were all on the last pages. Then I moved them all to categories where there are a maximum of 2-pages of search results. This way, Fiverr can throw me to the back pages as many times as it likes, but I’ll always never go further than page 2.

That said, I did revamp my images at the same time.

I moved them all to categories where there are a maximum of 2-pages of search results.

So you chose more specific niches? For example, and this is an extreme example! 🙂 You may have went from business content copywriter to restaurant business content copywriter?

there is clearly mentioned in gig description also in FAQ that once the script is submitted, change in the script will not be entertained

It’s mentioned in my gig description in ALL CAPS to contact me BEFORE placing the order. It works 40% of the time, 60% of the time it doesn’t. If I remove it, they’ll contact me in 15-20% of cases instead.

If it doesn’t work when the order is placed, I at least can screenshot my gig terms and send them to the buyer to prove something they wanted is out of scope/impossible. At least in half of cases it persuades them to purchase an extra for additional work.

Adding disclaimers to gig description works. It doesn’t work 100% of the time and it’s unfortunate. That’s my politically correct terms for what my feelings are on the matter. I have a lot of feelings when I receive an order and the brief is vague and ends with: “Can you do it?” A lot of strong feelings. 🙂

Buyers don’t read, fiverr does everything in their power to make gig requirements look as insignificant as possible. Yeah.

That’s absolutely right. My point was exactly the same.

Unfortunately, that’s true 😶

Archived