Private review got updated

miiila

I just wonder about how buyers feel when they see it.

I’m thinking if I was “only” a buyer here, my prominent thought would be “Leave me alone already, I just left a 5* public review, ain’t nobody got time for dis” 😉

Hello. Just my thoughts here. I think this is more of a psychology than anything else. After the buyer leaves a five star review, fiverr would want to know by means of the private review if that is the true feeling of the buyer or if the buyer is just simply doing the seller a favor by giving them a high rating.

For example, I can be satisfied with the quality of the work and leave a five star review but on the inside I maybe saying it could have been better still. Hence, the private review. I don’t know if I really like this feature whatever purpose they are using it for but genuine, honest sellers do their very best to do good work and they keep learning and growing still. Isn’t this one of the purposes of fiverr? I’m just saying.

Today on YouTube I got asked to rate a video I’d recently watched and say how I felt about it. Was it lifechanging, informative, amazing, enlightening, etc.

This really pee’d me off. It was a tiny interruption to my day, but it was one that felt like I was being asked to incriminate someone. I’d already liked the video and left a comment. What would happen if I selected amazing but not life-changing?

Online platforms these days have a serious internal culture problem. I don’t want to give secret feedback after I watch YouTube videos. I want YouTubers I follow to stop saying that their videos are being demonetized.

On Fiverr buyers don’t want to sit down with the secret police after an order and be asked ambiguous, very possibly irrelevant, and obviously designed to incriminate questions about their seller, they want the shopping cart back so they can save on transaction fees!

Secret surveys and all the other hoops buyers and sellers have to navigate are just symptoms of companies like Fiverr projecting their own failings outwardly instead of addressing them at source.

Hello. The most annoying thing about YouTube are the ads. It’s very disruptive. 😦

Hello. Just my thoughts here. I think this is more of a psychology than anything else. After the buyer leaves a five star review, fiverr would want to know by means of the private review if that is the true feeling of the buyer or if the buyer is just simply doing the seller a favor by giving them a high rating.

For example, I can be satisfied with the quality of the work and leave a five star review but on the inside I maybe saying it could have been better still. Hence, the private review. I don’t know if I really like this feature whatever purpose they are using it for but genuine, honest sellers do their very best to do good work and they keep learning and growing still. Isn’t this one of the purposes of fiverr? I’m just saying.

Exactly. And as sellers, we might be inclined to give a positive review (even if a buyer was slightly annoying) because the goal is to establish a regular client base/ trust etc. I have had several annoying buyers who are regular customers.

For that reason - I don’t think the whole “honest” review concept is panning out OR there would be no need for an additional private review.

I also still feel it’s imbalanced that a buyer leaves a review that we can’t see - that is on our main profile page, and only after we leave their review can we see what they said. I feel that when we could see what they said initially, we could respond accordingly with our initial feedback… This way the buyer reviews are accurate as well.

Why isn’t one review left for sellers enough? Are we saying that can’t be trusted and we have to have multiple reviews until there is a bad one left, and that’s the real one?

I prefer to believe the secret review on sellers is more of a marketing type of survey so fiverr can target their advertising.

Exactly. And as sellers, we might be inclined to give a positive review (even if a buyer was slightly annoying) because the goal is to establish a regular client base/ trust etc. I have had several annoying buyers who are regular customers.

For that reason - I don’t think the whole “honest” review concept is panning out OR there would be no need for an additional private review.

I also still feel it’s imbalanced that a buyer leaves a review that we can’t see - that is on our main profile page, and only after we leave their review can we see what they said. I feel that when we could see what they said initially, we could respond accordingly with our initial feedback… This way the buyer reviews are accurate as well.

I believe the main reason why we can’t see buyer reviews is because there was a lot of abuse. The community did this to itself by trying to cheat the system (not everyone, but enough people that Fiverr cared about this), and Fiverr had to find new ways to make sellers share an honest review which is not influenced by their buyer.

I believe the main reason why we can’t see buyer reviews is because there was a lot of abuse. The community did this to itself by trying to cheat the system (not everyone, but enough people that Fiverr cared about this), and Fiverr had to find new ways to make sellers share an honest review which is not influenced by their buyer.

But the problem is, if I took a poll and asked how many sellers have left negative reviews for buyers - my guess is that there’s not many – because as mentioned above – many sellers share my goal which is to establish a working relationship with new clients, and some people are a bit more annoying than others lol:😂 But we let things slide - giving them the benefit of the doubt - that they will be honest about how the order went down. They don’t need to want to buy from me again, that’s their prerogative BUT they should be expected (as we are) to TRULY give an honest review in all review categories.

In addition, sometimes sellers feel everything is going GREAT with an order until after delivery when they see a dishonest - 2 or 3 star review coupled with negative comments. I don’t have many negative reviews but … I have had several buyers that purchase a gig, then literally disappear until it is delivered, therefore we haven’t engaged at all. Then when they don’t get the results they expected - which were likely unreasonable… they proceed to lie in their review, and get away with it. This is annoying particularly when I can prove I did exactly as described and my communication was stellar.

• Communication With Seller 1
  • Service as Described 1
  • Buy Again or Recommend 1

As a result, I am then left sitting with a 2 or 3 star on my page from a dishonest review, and they have MY 5 STAR on theirs!

Just doesn’t seem balanced to me - or honest.

But the problem is, if I took a poll and asked how many sellers have left negative reviews for buyers - my guess is that there’s not many – because as mentioned above – many sellers share my goal which is to establish a working relationship with new clients, and some people are a bit more annoying than others lol:😂 But we let things slide - giving them the benefit of the doubt - that they will be honest about how the order went down. They don’t need to want to buy from me again, that’s their prerogative BUT they should be expected (as we are) to TRULY give an honest review in all review categories.

In addition, sometimes sellers feel everything is going GREAT with an order until after delivery when they see a dishonest - 2 or 3 star review coupled with negative comments. I don’t have many negative reviews but … I have had several buyers that purchase a gig, then literally disappear until it is delivered, therefore we haven’t engaged at all. Then when they don’t get the results they expected - which were likely unreasonable… they proceed to lie in their review, and get away with it. This is annoying particularly when I can prove I did exactly as described and my communication was stellar.

• Communication With Seller 1
  • Service as Described 1
  • Buy Again or Recommend 1

As a result, I am then left sitting with a 2 or 3 star on my page from a dishonest review, and they have MY 5 STAR on theirs!

Just doesn’t seem balanced to me - or honest.

One seller in my category leaves reviews for buyers which are actually reviews of herself such as things like “This was the best gig I’ve ever purchased, exceeded my expectations, I will be returning to be a regular client of *******.” :roll_eyes:

One seller in my category leaves reviews for buyers which are actually reviews of herself such as things like “This was the best gig I’ve ever purchased, exceeded my expectations, I will be returning to be a regular client of *******.” :roll_eyes:

Hahaha that’s hilarious 😂

I’m not entirely sure, but I believe level one to pro sellers can see a buyer’s review before they respond to it.

I’m level 2, and I can’t see a buyer’s review until after I rate them - that’s the idea behind “Blind reviews” - you can’t see them.

Okay, I see. I did not know that because when you look at some seller reviews they have an exact response to the negative comment left by the buyer, but I guess that maybe a result of back and forth discussions between seller and buyer through regular messaging.

Okay, I see. I did not know that because when you look at some seller reviews they have an exact response to the negative comment left by the buyer, but I guess that maybe a result of back and forth discussions between seller and buyer through regular messaging.

It’s like this:

Buyer leaves a review (you don’t know what it is, negative, positive, neutral.)

YOU then get a notification that the buyer has left feedback, so in order to see what they wrote - you have to leave feedback.

Once you leave feedback, then – in the event the buyer left a negative review - you can respond accordingly.

That would be why you see the same response to negative reviews. The seller may have a pre-composed message they use for all negative reviews, or something like that.

It’s like this:

Buyer leaves a review (you don’t know what it is, negative, positive, neutral.)

YOU then get a notification that the buyer has left feedback, so in order to see what they wrote - you have to leave feedback.

Once you leave feedback, then – in the event the buyer left a negative review - you can respond accordingly.

That would be why you see the same response to negative reviews. The seller may have a pre-composed message they use for all negative reviews, or something like that.

No its not a pre composed message because each response is different for every buyer and the work that was done for them. Perhaps they can rewrite a review when they have seen what the buyer actually said. I don’t know, but if a buyer and seller were having issues to begin with and they expressed that through regular messaging. Then no doubt the seller will have an idea what the buyer might say and then respond even without seeing the buyer’s review first. That’s basically what I was saying, but what do I know? I’m just speculating.

No its not a pre composed message because each response is different for every buyer and the work that was done for them. Perhaps they can rewrite a review when they have seen what the buyer actually said. I don’t know, but if a buyer and seller were having issues to begin with and they expressed that through regular messaging. Then no doubt the seller will have an idea what the buyer might say and then respond even without seeing the buyer’s review first. That’s basically what I was saying, but what do I know? I’m just speculating.

Oh yes, if it’s different, then they are addressing the issues they had with that buyer specifically - effectively explaining why things went as they were, etc.

The initial response is generic likely - then once they read the buyer’s review they can respond to that directly.

Sellers can respond twice to a buyers review. First - to SEE their review, 2nd to explain themselves. The silly thing about it is that - even if the buyer LIED, or was unreasonable in their review, and the seller had no idea it was coming - and gave them a 5 star review… the 5 star review stays…

Kind of annoying if you ask me.

Oh yes, if it’s different, then they are addressing the issues they had with that buyer specifically - effectively explaining why things went as they were, etc.

The initial response is generic likely - then once they read the buyer’s review they can respond to that directly.

Sellers can respond twice to a buyers review. First - to SEE their review, 2nd to explain themselves. The silly thing about it is that - even if the buyer LIED, or was unreasonable in their review, and the seller had no idea it was coming - and gave them a 5 star review… the 5 star review stays…

Kind of annoying if you ask me.

Wow. Thanks for clearing that up. Now I fully understand.

Archived