Fiverr asking for means of identification

norman59

I’m a new seller and fiverr just sent me a message yesterday that they would need me to provide a means of identification - could be an ID card, passport or drivers license. It was said that if i do not provide them with this information within the next 14 days, i would not be able to create a new gig, receive new orders or withdraw funds. 14 days is just too little. I don’t have a driver’s license and getting a passport is expensive. The only option for me is to get a national ID card. Here in nigeria, if you want to get an ID card, it could take up to 3 weeks to get one. So is the time limit fair? Has any other person received this message too? And also, I’ve been thinking, wouldn’t this affect young sellers who are around 13 years or so?

I’m a new seller and fiverr just sent me a message yesterday that they would need me to provide a means of identification - could be an ID card, passport or drivers license. It was said that if i do not provide them with this information within the next 14 days, i would not be able to create a new gig, receive new orders or withdraw funds. 14 days is just too little. I don’t have a driver’s license and getting a passport is expensive. The only option for me is to get a national ID card. Here in nigeria, if you want to get an ID card, it could take up to 3 weeks to get one. So is the time limit fair? Has any other person received this message too? And also, I’ve been thinking, wouldn’t this affect young sellers who are around 13 years or so?

Has any other person received this message too?

A lot of people have.

Sorry about the off-topic, but I’ve just seen your profile, and it says that you have graduated in 2023. Is that a bug, or is time travel now available?

Has any other person received this message too?

A lot of people have.

Sorry about the off-topic, but I’ve just seen your profile, and it says that you have graduated in 2023. Is that a bug, or is time travel now available?

Lol. I am supossed to get into the university this year and graduate by 2023. It’s supposed to write “will graduate in 2023,” not, “graduated 2023.”

Lol. I am supossed to get into the university this year and graduate by 2023. It’s supposed to write “will graduate in 2023,” not, “graduated 2023.”

It’s supposed to write “will graduate in 2023,”

No such thing on Fiverr, I’m afraid, only what you’ve already graduated from.

This is supposed to be where you show your qualifications. Saying you will be graduating in the future is not a qualification. Sellers only make themselves look bad by doing this. You are better off leaving that area blank than presenting yourself as someone who will be graduating from someplace in a future year. It sounds like someone who has no idea of what is proper.

This is supposed to be where you show your qualifications. Saying you will be graduating in the future is not a qualification. Sellers only make themselves look bad by doing this. You are better off leaving that area blank than presenting yourself as someone who will be graduating from someplace in a future year. It sounds like someone who has no idea of what is proper.

Thanks a lot. I’ve removed that already.

Sellers only make themselves look bad by doing this.

Or like someone who made a silly mistake. I can imagine people who find it difficult to fill out various forms would feel sympathetic. 🙂

• 4 months later...

Archived