Seller got login details and ruined the website!

nambiar005

Guest smiler3d

I understand what you’re saying, but you never know; the messages in the inbox can contain a clue that this person logged in and tried to fix the website, and the block is an evidence IMO.

Well, my suggestion to the OP, was what I would do in such cases. CS might say, that they will review the issue, and then might or might not send a warning to the seller, but at least that’s the right thing to do IMO.

No problem - we’ll agree to disagree! 🙂

Might be a lesson to any user who gives their login details to anybody else - do a backup and change the password before and after. Just sorry the OP had to learn the hard way.

• 3 weeks later...

No problem - we’ll agree to disagree! 🙂

Might be a lesson to any user who gives their login details to anybody else - do a backup and change the password before and after. Just sorry the OP had to learn the hard way.

I completely understand your point… but how will the seller give me a correct quote for the gig if he does not look into the backend? After looking at the backend code, what if the issue (which I assumed is minor) turns out to be a major issue that may take lot of effort and time?

Also, I did the same with another seller and he checked it and confirmed that this cannot be resolved. I changed the password and then gave it this seller (who ruined it). This can be proved from the chats I had. I understand that you might now say that the changes were made by someone outside fiverr… technically speaking if this was to be interrogated (which will not happen, I know) we can look into the server logs and show when the changes were being made. Also the chats do show that he was making changes.

Now keeping all this aside, why would the seller block me?? Isn’t that basic professionalism to have a conversation to sort out things rather than leaving a buyer at this condition?

Archived