What are your most effective marketing methods?

Guest mistrizone

Guest adtolly20

Good question… well i practice what i preach that is i use my gigs methods to promote my gigs on facebook, am a member and fan of many groups or fanpages related to Traffic Generation, Business Opportunity, and others related to my gigs or many buyers ordered to promote or marketing for them… you can check out my gigs…

The thing about social media marketing is it depends on your country or social group you are belongs to. As a Sri Lankan I know there are only few people in here who will seek and pay for online seller to get their work done. But if you’re in USA or a similar developed country like that, you can get loads of potential customers from your area or social niche.

• Like 6

I am not that experienced on fiverr but I beliebe that I have a few ways to impress the buyers.

First of all, starting with day one on fiverr I tried to bring myself into fiverr, I invested all my spare time into fiverr and my gigs. I mostly do programming and I love to do it so every new order is a new challenge for me.

Also I put pictures of myself to my gigs. I believe that people always search for something different and there are many gigs without a face on the pictures so it stands out, also it shows to buyers that they can trust me.

• Like 6

I am a marketer and copywriter and write press releases for my buyers. My strategy is simple; I am always polite to the buyer and make sure to contact them as soon as I see that an order has come in (if I am awake).

I do more for my customers than they expect, which is a nice surprise and ensures they always leave positive feedback.

If you’re having trouble getting your first order, definitely spend a bit on Facebook Ads. That’ll ensure your gig picks up traction.

Warm regards,

Jaymes

• Like 6

Guest boulevardboy

Yahoo take it as a violation to post a link

on my answers . Even they can ban me if I do it . But I have heard of people talking about promoting their gigs through Yahoo Answer . How do they manage to do that ? Your help would be appreciated .

Marketing is very important. It can be done wrongly and that is why you need to know how to do it and when, because it can lead to be seen as spamming. There are many ways to increase your sales for your gigs. For example, update your gig by saying "the 1st 3 customers will receive completion within 6 hours or throw something in which will attract a lot of buyers. Take me for example, i have created a Logo gig, ill update my gig by saying “First 2 customers will receive free PSD format files upon delivery” now if you may not know all web designers charge $40+ for a PSD file so here and there ill just throw that in for free, or ill even say the 1st 2 customer’s orders will be completed within 6 hours when the delivery is set at 2 days. We all know that some delivery dates are set so they can charge for fast service but you need to understand that you cannot be greedy in this business so throwing away $40 is fine because at the end you made your client happy and you might lost that $40 for PSD file but you just earned word of mouth and potential buyers. I once had a client she was testing me and i didnt even know, she was the rudest person ever but i stayed calm and i was very professional and i even delivered 2 extra logos for free to keep her happy. The 2nd i delivered the order she placed 10 orders. And she was like i need 10 concept logos. The only reason why i was a hard@$$ on you was because i wanted to see your customer skills. I was shocked. Secret shopper can you say. So you need to understand that giving stuff away will always attract customers, ALWAYS! Few more advice before i wrap up, you can post your gig(s) on Craigslist which is very beneficial, i wont have to say Facebook because everyone is on Facebook even pets nowadays. Well i hope you took something from this. Good Luck

Kevin Davis

• Like 6

Guest boulevardboy

@kjblynx

Yes , many are promoting their gigs through Yahoo Answers . Yahoo is one of the best search engines out there . So it’s a great idea to bring traffics into your gig through it .

But the problem is one have to be at Level 2 to be able to post links in yahoo answers . Besides they don’t allow any kind of promotions in the answers . Once you start posting links in order to promote gigs , they can ban you in no time .

However , there are some ways to get rid of the problem . One must have to be as clever as possible so that his answer does not look like a spam. For example , he can post his links in the middle of the answer so that it does not seem to be a direct promotion .

Besides he can add link in the sourcebox provided that his answer is relevant to the question . Some think that posting one link for every 10 answers is quite safe till now .

In this way one can attract targeted traffics in his gigs . I am not sure if these tricks work . So let me know if anyone knows more than that !

Guest leftavg

Another good way is to post you new giigs at pick time,when the most people are logged in fiverr so that more will notice the new gigg and order it tell me if this is a good strategy…

The most important marketing tool in my opinion is to have a very engaging video for your gig. With a real person talking directly to the potential customer. We all see too many commercials on TV. They don’t have effect on us anymore. A personal message from a person talking directly to the person watching is very effective.

• Like 6

How come I havent had any responses, would someone mind taking a look at my page http://www.fiverr.com/derekrempel4770 and tell me what I am doing wrong?? Are my gigs not appealing, or is there ways you can get them listing better?

http://www.fiverr.com/derekrempel4770//cdn23.fiverr.com/assets/v2_buttons/btn-footer-app-store-41ffaa83791f317f43853805a1fec81e.png

Fiverr: Graphics, marketing, fun, and more online services for $5

http://www.fiverr.com

• Like 6