What are your most effective marketing methods?

mistrizone

In my experience, a great marketing method is the following:

I have a gig for website content. If you give me 5 dollars, I will create a high converting post of 300 to 450 words. The truth is that I love to write, and to be honest, my creative being needs more words to decently nail an idea, so most of my customers really get 500 to 650 words when they only paid for up to 450.

This really had a great effect, not only because of the great feedback, which is almost guaranteed to be awesome (think about it, you delivered more than your customer’s expectations), but also, this gave me a lot of returning customers, and the great thing about it is that they started to purchase the extras. Yupi!!!

I started to do this because I noticed that it was very hard for me to limit my writing, so one day I simply did it, I wrote until I finished the idea, keeping the balance between my personal satisfaction and the money paid.

The effect was awesome, I never planned this, but it worked very well.

In short, I would suggest you to think about that extra mile that can surprise your customer and assure you great feedback. Needless to say that you have to deliver good quality, if you deliver a bad quality work and you expand that, you won’t get anything.

I share this here because I think it would be awesome if more people do this and share their lessons learned, the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Hope you find it useful!

Jose!

• Like 10

Yeah, but what about other marketing?

Going the extra mile withing a gig is good, but what about until your gig gets noticed? I’m on fiver for more than 2 years I think, but I had to stop for about a year for personal reasons. So now I deleted old gigs and I’m starting fresh. I was going to only leave one gig, the one with lots of feedback, but I accidentally deleted it too. So I’m taking it as fresh start.

But last time it took me months to start getting regular gigs, while I saw people in the forum saying they made 200-400$ in their first month. The first time around I did no marketing at all, I just let it happen or not…so I’m wondering what I can do this time?

• Like 8

Reply to @mistrizone: A good way to promote yourself is to participate in this forum, asking questions and answering questions, helping others, but be careful not to promote your Gigs or username directly, that would be s*pamming the forum. Just help others, and naturally people will want to know who you are and what you are offering. You also have the Fiverr LinkedIn social group.

My favorite and successful way of promoting my Gigs is social networks. I have huge social accounts, this is necessary. Apart from that, I do about everything I have learned in my 13 years of making a living online, i.e. blogging, advertising, participation in forums, email marketing, Traffic Exchanges, etc …

• Like 9

I have a situation that’s directly related to the question of marketing. Recently I created a “write you a song” gig. Immediately I got customers (although it’s slowed down). Alternatively, I created some gigs concerning backing tracks(piano) and instrumentals. These gigs haven’t generated nearly the traffic. I followed the exact same strategy -including key words, video and attempted to separate myself from other gigs that are extremely similar. Any suggestions as to why my second gig would under perform?

• Like 7

I completely agree with @mayfairw1 because it was my own local word of mouth advertising about my new gigs amongst my own friends that helped significantly gain my first orders.

Now the interesting thing about word of mouth is that my first orders did not come directly from my friends; my first orders were from my friends-of-friends and it was my friends recommendations to my gigs that helped me get my first Ten orders thus leveling me up to Level 1 Seller status.

And the best thing about word of mouth advertising was that it was completely free.

• Like 7

Right on @bachas85 !!! I’ve actually had repeat customers because I helped them solve a problem and I even kept the lines of communication open even after the sale. When I received my first repeat customer and had them say they in the 2nd order instructions that they felt comfortable working with me, it was really amazing.

• Like 7

I think the most important thing to get a new gig rolling is to get feedback. Put yourself in the shoes of your customer. When you are shopping for a service, which one are you most likely to purchase? The one from the seller with zero feedback that has been around for a month, or the seller that has been open for business for 2 years and has 5 star rating with 300 feedback. So if you’re a new seller, do whatever it takes to get those first sales and feedback. And like joselozano was saying, going above and beyond is what will create the impact with your customers that will make them want to leave you amazing feedback that will convince other prospective buyers that they want to do business with you.

• Like 6

Let me share some tips 🙂

1. Promoting your gig on relevant blogs/forums:

For e.g if your gig is related to graphic/art, so you can find blogs and write a comment on a existing post leaving your gig url there or you can add your gig link in the signature to relevant forums (forums related to graphics in this case) and start posting some information in such forums so that you get target viewers to your fiverr gig.

2. Add creative youtube videos which gives an idea what you are providing and share it on social media websites like facebook, twitter, Pinterest .

3. Finding leads on LinkedIn and pitching your gig. You can filter your target group in linkedIn and then start interacting with them and after few days of conversation , pitch your gig to them. Let them see your testimonials. Consider yourself lucky if you convince a company to resell your service 🙂
  • Like 7