What are your most effective marketing methods?

Guest mistrizone

There are great ideas and great comments here. All of them are very valid and very effective when applied consistently and with enthusiasm.

However, I believe that sometimes working smart is better than working hard, and for that, I want to bring a point to this discussion. Chances are that other people did it already, but I haven’t seen the comment yet.

Just 1 word: Leverage!

Think about it. How can you leverage your business? How can you possibly have others working in the most important part of your business and you simply receiving orders and delivering them?

I know, I know. It sound like impossible, but the reality is that it is not only possible but probable, and doable. There is always a way! It is your job to find that way.

It has to do with the word of mouth effect that many others talk about here, however, most people think that word of mouth simply happens, when in reality, you have to trigger it.

Word of mouth is what I call “Real Social Proof”, and it is funny that I mention this because I happen to be writing a series of 16 articles to talk about this and other crucial aspects that will sky rocket your business to success.

Here is the link to the 1st part, so far I’ve published 6 articles, and the ones that are coming will be super informative.

http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/27230/not-making-money-online-how-to-get-traffic-to-your-site-and-increase-sales-part-116#Item_17

But I want to go back to what I mentioned before: Leverage.

Each business is different, and each person has a very different style of marketing their business, but here is the thing, In the end, we should be looking for the same thing: Help more people with our services, because that is how we get paid. You should know that.

Don’t ask how to promote your Gigs, that question is super hard to answer, instead, ask this: How to help more people with my services? - That is a better question, and you’ll see that great ideas will flow to you if you simply stop thinking about the sales or the money and start focusing on your customer.

I pretty much discovered that by accident, but now, I’m getting very good at this 😉

Here is your homework.

1.- Read and follow my series of posts and ask questions, I’ll be happy to answer those.

2.- This is very important. Brainstorm for at least an hour, how can you help 10 times more people than what you’re helping right now. Get at least 3 different strategies, and do this focusing on the visitor. If you are successful at this you will at least increase your income 10 times here on Fiverr, which I think is not a bad number at all.

It is very important to do this thinking on the visitor, forget about the money for 2 hours. If you can’t, then play this little game: Pretend that you want to help. Also, remember that if you don’t do this well, you’ll never get the income. Why? - Very simple, because if you are not helping anybody you are not getting paid!

Do this now! It is very important. Again, think leverage! How can you make others work for you? Leverage, leverage, leverage!

I hope I’ve served you in some way with this post.

Any questions, I’m here to help you my friends!

Blessings 😃 :)))))

Jose

• Like 6

Guest angelawrites

I have been on fiverr for some days now, no sales. Please how can i get traffic to my gigs. Your help is need. I am into article writing, solo ads, social bookmarks and submitting to website directories. I will appreciate any kinds of help, thanks.

Reply to @lordzden: my story is different and it’s the first gig that become most sold out gig. I specialize a niche that has lots of potential customers taking on the gig, then i just put it there and in less than a week orders are coming in non-stop. I think you need to look for gigs that has a market with less than 5~10 competitors and make your gig unique from among them.

• Like 6

Guest workingzone

I will give you 100000% guaranteed real human facebook likes for your fan page,website,domain name,blogs,Fb post,photo contest.

Guest aditinepal

i am here for more than a month but i haven’t got more than 2 orders.i tried marketing through social media too.My gigs don’t appear in the search results…what should i do?

I tweet, Facebook, and LinkedIn each one of my gigs daily. I’ve been on Fiverr less than two (2) months. I also periodically post on Pinterest and Instagram too- when I have time.

In this short amount of time, Fiverr analytics displays my #1 gig having:

39K impressions (page turns)

580 clicks (from impressions in the last 30 days)

1.3K total pageviews (actual eyeballs that took a look at the gig).

And, THIS is wild! Another gig that I’ve had up LESS THAN 2 and 1/2 weeks shows Fiverr analytics stating:

34K impressions (page turns)

586 clicks (from impressions in the last 30 days)

2K total pageviews (actual eyeballs that took a look at the gig)

So for me, Social Media Networking is BIG. That’s where everyone is; on SM sites.

I also communicate HEAVILY with my potential and repeat buyers; giving them ALL KINDS of pertinent information, attempting to save them as much unnecessary trouble and grief as I can, pointing out things that I see that they’re missing or tweaks they could make to what they currently have in place. I’m a marketer, first and foremost, and happen to notice things like that.

I don’t approach Fiverr buyers from a “Gimme Your Money/Gimme As Much of Your Money As I can Get” way of doing business. I treat them like I WANT TO be treated. I share information and don’t hoard it. The saying, “Information is POWER”, isn’t only true and powerful to/for the person that has it. You gain more power SHARING than you could ever receive by not sharing it. Because it’s true, you REALLY DO “Reap what you sow”.

Everything I give always comes back to me… In some way, shape, form, or fashion.

Sharing is the “new Black”. It lets buyers know that you’re thoughtful AND engaged in their process. Sometimes they’re a nervous wreck and need a little extra attention.

Plus, one man’s $5’s is another man’s $5000.00. Many people take for granted the buyers spending power. You don’t know if a buyer has lots of $5 bills to spend OR if the $5 that he/she just spent with you is there last (until their project starts to generate a little money or until their next payday). I think it’s wise to NEVER assume anything, be patient and kind, promote and track your gigs progress, and GIVE-GIVE-GIVE away more than you’ve given.

PS My “new thing” is promoting other seller’s gigs that coincide well with mine. Do they ask me to promote their gigs? NO! But even so, I have promoted three (3) other seller’s gigs and all three of them currently have orders from buyers (who will come back for my gig assistance, after they get the help they need from the other seller’s) that I’ve sent to them sitting in their queues right now. None of us can be “all things to all people”. Stay in your lane and do what you do best. Leave what you can’t do to those who can. And, if another seller never is gracious enough to reciprocate and promote your gig(s) - too bad for them. It’s a Universal Law; that just like the Law of Gravity, when you GIVE YOU WILL ALWAYS RECEIVE. Always.

• Like 6

Guest biggz27

Reply to @angelawrites: I suggest you should do a videos for your gigs. Videos get peoples attention. Also Start by creating social media accounts related to your gigs. You can start by Pinterest, facebook, twitter, linkedin, instagram and even youtube. I was looking into your gigs iam going to give you a try. Iam always looking for great writers myself.

If you have a customized Google Map for Fiverr gigs, be sure to ask other people to join it. If you do not have a customized Google Map for Fiverr gigs, contact me. I do have a Google Map for Fiverr gigs. I call it “The Gig Economy Map.” If you would like to be on it, let me know.

Lamar Morgan

• Like 6

Guest cfabs2business

Reply to @bachas85:

Social media is a great way to promote GIGS. The tool Tweet My Website on softpedia is a really easy way to promote your GIGS on Twitter

We achieved nearly 1000 orders within eight months and as such we get asked the question of how can I increase my sales. We have just put a brand new service together to help people out in promoting their Fiverr gig, but I just wanted to try and explain something to people.

A lot of people who ask us for advice say they have not received any orders or have not received many orders. We ask them the same thing, what have you done to promote you gig? A lot of people come back to us and say they have done nothing as they thought fiverr did that all for them. If you want to increase your traffic to your gig then you need to promote the gig and promote it the right way.

It may sound easy coming from me as we have a large team here, where we have marketing experts, public relations experts and media people, but the honest truth is, you need three things to increase sales.

1. Your gig has to be a good one
  2. Your description has to say what the job does
  3. You need to market your gig.

If you do not market your gig then you cannot expect sales. If you do all three as above then you can increase sales.
  • Like 6