Fiverr Fees Are Too High

Guest selfmadengineer

Do you guys realize that they also have to pay taxes for their cut?

Also, have you tried your luck with your own website and Google Ads? Have you seen the cost of that?

Last, how would you handle conflict with international buyers through your own website? Take them to the high court in Brussels for a $50 order?

Just some food for thought.

• Like 12

• 1 month later...

On Fiver too many charges for sellers and buyers too. I will not use Fiverr again because of the high rate charges.

it's worth less and more costly. There are other platforms that are good than Fiverr. If Fiverr wants that people work on Fiverr then Fiver has to decrease charges rates. That's too much and we can't afford this.

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...

nearly all of you talk about 20% fees. fiverr charges 40% FEES!
the buyer has to pay 20% on top! all buyer know this and so this is priced in for the orders.
so in total its 40%
stop talking about a 20% cut. That is naiv!
I think 40% is way too high and fiverr should stop charging these obsurred rates.

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, eliashundes said:

I think 40% is way too high and fiverr should stop charging these obsurred rates.

1. This is not true.

2. You should have understood the terms when you joined, remember saying you had read and agreed to the terms of service?

3. No one is forcing you to stay here. 

4. Absurd is not spelled "obsurred."

5. This is untrue. image.png.eba37aefd1f00a2664062b917aa9f0cb.png

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 8
  • Up 2

@newsmike
1. why is this not true?
just because the second 20% fee is added on the buyers side doesnt meen it doesnt exist

2. Yes i know and never mentioned anything like fiverr would do something illegal.
they could charge 99% fees and you would probably still work with fiverr

3. Is this really an argument you are bringing up in a the discussion? wow

4. Sorry that im not born in the USA like you are and not a native english speaker. I just typed a blog post and you are acting like i just submitted my bachelor thesis.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, eliashundes said:

@newsmike
1. why is this not true?
just because the second 20% fee is added on the buyers side doesnt meen it doesnt exist

2. Yes i know and never mentioned anything like fiverr would do something illegal.
they could charge 99% fees and you would probably still work with fiverr

3. Is this really an argument you are bringing up in a the discussion? wow

4. Sorry that im not born in the USA like you are and not a native english speaker. I just typed a blog post and you are acting like i just submitted my bachelor thesis.

There is no second 20% fee. 

I don't ever, ever fault people with limited English skills, except when they lie about it in their profile.  Do you understand the difference?  

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 9

51 minutes ago, eliashundes said:

That's a payment processing fee, and these appear whenever you buy anything online. You can always adjust your prices as a seller and increase them to cover the extra fees, most people do this.

15 hours ago, eliashundes said:

54 minutes ago, eliashundes said:

The fees are not absurd, if you check online they are pretty normal, while other platforms charge less, they also include other methods like paying to apply for a job and never getting your money back, etc. Or fees on withdrawals, whereas on Fiverr you don't have that at least with Paypal as far as I remember. And remember, Fiverr promotes your gigs to buyers, you don't have to pay for advertising (unless you want more advertising with promoted gigs, but that's something else. 

At the end of the day, the platform hasn't increased its fees or anything like that for quite some time. They are free to charge whatever they want, because they are constantly improving the platform, adding features, the number of users is much higher so the maintenance costs themselves are much higher than before. As sellers, we can always adjust our prices, so the fees are ok. 

• Like 9

@newsmike
there is rate of 5.5% on top for all orders and small orders have rates of up to 55% on top.
tell me a different plattform that adds 55% on top for orders of 5$ and than takes 20% from the seller. or just tell me one ore time that no one is forcing me to stay. in advance:
thank you for your enlightenment.

In the third quarter of 2022 fiverr collected a total of 30.00% on all orders. from 28.4% in Q3 2021.

Ah ok well mister judge. You say i lied about my english skills because i misspelled one word?
Do you have an individual standard for "fluent" in which someone fails if the person makes a mistakes? ah oh i forgot. probably you have one in the USA, where you measure distances in foot.

but nevertheless i passed the standardized english test on fiverr.
further im really looking forward for your corrections on this post. cant wait too see you waste your time on some grammer.

PS: i left at least one mistake. it`s not grammer tho

Edited by eliashundes
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, eliashundes said:

@newsmike
there is rate of 5.5% on top for all orders and small orders have rates of up to 55% on top.
tell me a different plattform that adds 55% on top for orders of 5$ and than takes 20% from the seller. or just tell me one ore time that no one is forcing me to stay. in advance:
thank you for your enlightenment.

In the third quarter of 2022 fiverr collected a total of 30.00% on all orders. from 28.4% in Q3 2021.

Ah ok well mister judge. You say i lied about my english skills because i misspelled one word?
Do you have an individual standard for "fluent" in which someone fails if the person makes a mistakes? ah oh i forgot. probably you have one in the USA, where you measure distances in foot.

but nevertheless i passed the standardized english test on fiverr.
further im really looking forward for your corrections on this post. cant wait too see you waste your time on some grammer.

PS: i left at least one mistake. it`s not grammer tho

Besides English fluency, what else on your profile is fabricated? 

• Like 8