How do you feel about the blind review system now that it's been two weeks?

johandahlberg

I have my ideas and I certainly know how I feel (sometimes I’m boiling inside on a daily basis, sometimes I’m gradually getting more and more neutral about it) 😛

I know a lot of people were discussing “solutions” by adding disclaimers or coming up with standard replies that involved letting the buyer know that you couldn’t see their review, but I never found one that I liked or felt was professional towards the buyer. So I’m curious to learn how people approach it now that they’ve gotten used to it 🙂

I simply don’t review buyers. There is no upside for me. Only downside. The only “solution” to the blind review system would be if sellers en masse stopped reviewing buyers.

Still hate it. I experienced my first review where the buyer included false information about the delivery and I wasn’t able to respond with my side. I didn’t review the buyer as I knew he was going to say something about what had transpired, but I didn’t know WHAT. So I let it post after 10 days or whatever. The review wasn’t terrible by any means, but I don’t appreciate dishonesty and not being able to reply with my side.

Where is the rest of the system they’re supposedly implementing? It’s been two weeks and we’re still stuck with absolute garbage of a review system.

How about fixing your app? How about making it compatible with the milestone system that’s been out for half a year now? How about that? Stop “fixing” things that aren’t broken.

I’m salty af, I’m sorry guys lol.

Where is the rest of the system they’re supposedly implementing? It’s been two weeks and we’re still stuck with absolute garbage of a review system.

How about fixing your app? How about making it compatible with the milestone system that’s been out for half a year now? How about that? Stop “fixing” things that aren’t broken.

I agree! There are so many long-term issues that should be fixed. Why bother creating things nobody wants or is asking for? Was there a line of sellers and/or buyers demanding a blind feedback system? I doubt it. But, there have many many requests to fix the app, to fix the response rate issue, and countless other bugs. Yet, these things remain month after month, year after year.

I would live to be able to use Dropbox on the mobile app to upload samples when messaging potential clients. But. I can only use Dropbox when I am making a delivery from the mobile app, which I rarely do. I also can’t put an expiration date on a custom offer on the mobile app like I can from the desktop. These things would be easy to fix and would help make business smoother for many buyers and sellers.

But, instead we get the double-blind feedback system?

I agree! There are so many long-term issues that should be fixed. Why bother creating things nobody wants or is asking for? Was there a line of sellers and/or buyers demanding a blind feedback system? I doubt it. But, there have many many requests to fix the app, to fix the response rate issue, and countless other bugs. Yet, these things remain month after month, year after year.

I would live to be able to use Dropbox on the mobile app to upload samples when messaging potential clients. But. I can only use Dropbox when I am making a delivery from the mobile app, which I rarely do. I also can’t put an expiration date on a custom offer on the mobile app like I can from the desktop. These things would be easy to fix and would help make business smoother for many buyers and sellers.

But, instead we get the double-blind feedback system?

to fix the response rate issue

I want to give some credit to that. I haven’t had that problem in a very long time now.

It serves no purpose to help anything and it is needlessly incredibly stressful. We cannot respond appropriately. No longer can buyers see what we say in response to negative reviews, hindering their ability to make a purchase decision.

The stress and frustration this creates for not only sellers but buyers is through the roof.

In addition, a huge source of motivation and seller satisfaction and pleasure in a job well done is gone.

In addition, a huge source of motivation and seller satisfaction and pleasure in a job well done is gone.

Yeah, I’m still not a fan. I miss the motivation of seeing a good review come through and the pleasure of replying - like @misscrystal said - the pleasure in a job well done is gone. Responding to a blind review is too much anxiety for me (even though I generally get great reviews - you just never know if someone isn’t happy), so I’ve decided not to leave a buyer review and just wait out the 10 days. It will be a big shame if a seller uses the review to communicate that they aren’t happy about something and I miss an opportunity to rectify, but hopefully that won’t happen.

I understand fiverr are trying to create a more honest/transparent review system, but when those buyer reviews don’t appear on a buyer profile - only on your own profile, all a bad buyer review would do at this point, is make the seller look unprofessional or difficult to work with, in my opinion - ESPECIALLY if the buyer leaves a 5 star review and you leave a bad review. So its either leave a vague 5 star review regardless (not necessarily honest/transparent) or no review.

Yeah, I’m still not a fan. I miss the motivation of seeing a good review come through and the pleasure of replying - like @misscrystal said - the pleasure in a job well done is gone. Responding to a blind review is too much anxiety for me (even though I generally get great reviews - you just never know if someone isn’t happy), so I’ve decided not to leave a buyer review and just wait out the 10 days. It will be a big shame if a seller uses the review to communicate that they aren’t happy about something and I miss an opportunity to rectify, but hopefully that won’t happen.

I understand fiverr are trying to create a more honest/transparent review system, but when those buyer reviews don’t appear on a buyer profile - only on your own profile, all a bad buyer review would do at this point, is make the seller look unprofessional or difficult to work with, in my opinion - ESPECIALLY if the buyer leaves a 5 star review and you leave a bad review. So its either leave a vague 5 star review regardless (not necessarily honest/transparent) or no review.

I never realized what a huge motivation to keep doing great work that little pop up was saying you got a 5 star review. It’s such a loss to take that away and replace it with something so unworkable and stressful.

The reviews are, or rather were, an opportunity to create goodwill with buyers and see how they react to what you delivered. We could send thank you notes. Most of all, for me, it was motivating, more than anything else could have been.

This seems like a thankless job now.

Archived