How To Know a Genuine Seller

jennifer_cork

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@bigbadbilly : Frankly, I admire the toprated sellers and I have taken the time to go through some of their gigs to learn how they got there. maybe you should read my comments and statements prior to this. am just trying to find out ways of knowing a REALLT GOOD and GENUINE seller; newbie or old since I would be picking lots of gigs soon.

There are some gigs i need and I have seen many of them floating around. i wouldnt be happy if I get scammed to purchase any of those gigs and end up getting bitten. I HATE cancellations. Positive Feedbacks are good; and though I have spent a little above two weeks now, I have met all the requirements to become a level 2 seller and I have enough good genuine ratings.

you might be a reputable top seller; but you can only speak so for yourself. There are some BIG BAD wolfs around; believe me. LOL

@bigbadbilly : Frankly, I admire the toprated sellers and I have taken the time to go through some of their gigs to learn how they got there. maybe you should read my comments and statements prior to this. am just trying to find out ways of knowing a REALLT GOOD and GENUINE seller; newbie or old since I would be picking lots of gigs soon.

There are some gigs i need and I have seen many of them floating around. i wouldnt be happy if I get scammed to purchase any of those gigs and end up getting bitten. I HATE cancellations. Positive Feedbacks are good; and though I have spent a little above two weeks now, I have met all the requirements to become a level 2 seller and I have enough good genuine ratings.

you might be a reputable top seller; but you can only speak so for yourself. There are some BIG BAD wolfs around; believe me. LOL

Yeah. There always is. And no matter how careful you are sooner or later you’ll get bitten. But that’s why the ‘Reject Order’ button is there. Don’t be afraid to use it.

But, in reality, if someone has a feedback score of 500+… or even 100 that’s a good indication they are on the up and up. Buying your own gigs might work for 10 or 20, but there’s no way it’s going to go above that. Not with technology the way it is, IP tracking, yadd yadda yadda. And even the sellers that do buy there own gigs and get away with it… I’m sure Fiverr knows what they’re doing. And as long as it doesn’t go overboard they probably just let it slide and mark it as ‘The sellers trying to get ahead.’. Again, I’m sure those that have gone overboard have been shut down.

Finally. Ya. You may get bitten. But using the reject button will save your arse and you simply move on with the thought in your head: “That’s what I will NOT do.”

Yeah. There always is. And no matter how careful you are sooner or later you’ll get bitten. But that’s why the ‘Reject Order’ button is there. Don’t be afraid to use it.

But, in reality, if someone has a feedback score of 500+… or even 100 that’s a good indication they are on the up and up. Buying your own gigs might work for 10 or 20, but there’s no way it’s going to go above that. Not with technology the way it is, IP tracking, yadd yadda yadda. And even the sellers that do buy there own gigs and get away with it… I’m sure Fiverr knows what they’re doing. And as long as it doesn’t go overboard they probably just let it slide and mark it as ‘The sellers trying to get ahead.’. Again, I’m sure those that have gone overboard have been shut down.

Finally. Ya. You may get bitten. But using the reject button will save your arse and you simply move on with the thought in your head: “That’s what I will NOT do.”

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Reply to @jennifer_cork: I think that it’s never a good idea to judge by the cover (the seller’s rank or their time on Fiverr), because there are people who know nothing about marketing and they just don’t know how to promote themselves (I’m one of those people).

As long as someone advertises that they do what you are looking for, you should just contact them to make sure you got their description right and see whether their response pleases you or not and order.

I don’t see why cancelling would be something wrong if the seller would really be a fraud. It’s your money, they should work for it.

Guest tn5rr2012

I am a top rated seller and my feedback is genuine. If you read it you know that the feedback was not purchased or manipulated in any way. The work samples that go along with the feedback also show that my family tree gig is genuine. I read the OP dialogue as the top rated sellers should step aside and let some of the newbies have a chance. My opinion is that have the same opportunities that all the top rated sellers had when they started on Fiverr as newbies

Archived