Fiverr is taking service charge of $2 when i am buying from my earnings ..why?

faiz276482

I think it’s a 43% fee on a $5 order right? $5 gig costs buyer $7, $4 of the $7 goes to the seller and $3 of the $7 goes to fiverr. $3 divided by $7 is .43. Seems like alot, which is why fiverr probably wants to discourage $5 sales. Like i said above, I was discouraged from leaving a $5 tip when I realized it would cost me $7 to do so. I don’t mind giving fiverr 20% of everything I earn, but as a buyer the additional fee just feels wrong.

More than that if the buyer pays 2 and the seller pays 1. Leaving the seller with 4.

• Like 6

More than that if the buyer pays 2 and the seller pays 1. Leaving the seller with 4.

Your correct if you’re referring to the sellers cut. Fiverr’s cut would be 3/7 of a $5 order. The percentage looks better (for the seller) as the gig value increases. Does that make sense?

• Like 6

Your correct if you’re referring to the sellers cut. Fiverr’s cut would be 3/7 of a $5 order. The percentage looks better (for the seller) as the gig value increases. Does that make sense?

So it’s a 75% charge for a $4 gig, which makes no sense. Fiver is not a good site if you want very small jobs done.

• Like 7

So it’s a 75% charge for a $4 gig, which makes no sense. Fiver is not a good site if you want very small jobs done.

Henry, I understand your math, but don’t completely agree with your conclusion. Fiverr is a great site for small jobs. Just not as good as it used to be, but I’m hopeful that things will get better.

• Like 6

Fiver is not a good site if you want very small jobs done.

Perhaps it is a good thing, then, that Fiverr is actively encouraging their sellers to charge higher prices. The days of “everything is $5” are quickly disappearing. Fiverr is a full-fledged freelance services website. Serious freelancers are business people seeking revenue for their services, just as this website is Fiverr’s source or revenue.

If the prices and fees here are not to your liking, you are welcome to do business elsewhere.

• Like 8

Fiver is not a good site if you want very small jobs done.

Perhaps it is a good thing, then, that Fiverr is actively encouraging their sellers to charge higher prices. The days of “everything is $5” are quickly disappearing. Fiverr is a full-fledged freelance services website. Serious freelancers are business people seeking revenue for their services, just as this website is Fiverr’s source or revenue.

If the prices and fees here are not to your liking, you are welcome to do business elsewhere.

Just raised my base price. Still a very fair deal, a bargain compared to my “off-fiverr” price, and no more $5 gig! I hope this works. Will keep you posted.

• Like 8

• 1 month later...

I’m absolutely disgusted to see this. I’ve spent hundreds of £’s on fiverr and to now see that I ordered a gig, the seller couldn’t do the job and he asked me to cancel, I thought it was weird he was asking me to cancel, so i did and now Fiverr have kept their service charge for a service I didn’t receive! Honestly I have never ever see anything like this.

• Like 6

I’m absolutely disgusted to see this. I’ve spent hundreds of £’s on fiverr and to now see that I ordered a gig, the seller couldn’t do the job and he asked me to cancel, I thought it was weird he was asking me to cancel, so i did and now Fiverr have kept their service charge for a service I didn’t receive! Honestly I have never ever see anything like this.

Service fees are added at the time of purchase where a Buyer can review and accept the total amount requested to pay. These fees cover administrative fees. As of May 2018, the current fees assessed to the total purchase amount are $2 on purchases up to $40 and 5% on purchases above $40. When making a purchase solely from your Shopping Balance (resulting from any credits or refunds) you will not be charged a service fee. Service fees are non-refundable. Funds returned to your balance from cancelled orders will not include service fees paid.

The above is from the Terms of Service which you will find at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

• Like 6

• 3 years later...