Want to use Fiverr so much more but struggling with communication

Im a very new user of Fiverr, Im so keen to use for all of my frequent needs but struggling every time so far to communicate my requirement without either feeling like I have offended or just accepting the work provided and not ever using. Is it a cultural thing with communication…sometimes I wonder whether it would be easier for me to call a local (regional NSW Australia) and get the job done. Was recommended by a friend to use Fiverr after their incredible experience, but I am yet to experience that.

Guest offlinehelpers

Im a very new user of Fiverr, Im so keen to use for all of my frequent needs but struggling every time so far to communicate my requirement without either feeling like I have offended or just accepting the work provided and not ever using. Is it a cultural thing with communication…sometimes I wonder whether it would be easier for me to call a local (regional NSW Australia) and get the job done. Was recommended by a friend to use Fiverr after their incredible experience, but I am yet to experience that.

You had some really good replies when you posted about a similar problem before:

I was recommended to take a look at Fiverr and get some graphics work done for our business and also a part time business I am in. My experiences were both good however I found it difficult to communicate with one of the sellers and wasn’t happy being called Sir when in fact I am female and the time differences had a real impact on delivery times. Basically when I was sleeping they were working. Do people actually tip their sellers, it is something that I am not used to here in Australia, you…

sometimes I wonder whether it would be easier for me to call a local (regional NSW Australia) and get the job done.

That’s entirely up to you! ☀️

You had some really good replies when you posted about a similar problem before:

I was recommended to take a look at Fiverr and get some graphics work done for our business and also a part time business I am in. My experiences were both good however I found it difficult to communicate with one of the sellers and wasn’t happy being called Sir when in fact I am female and the time differences had a real impact on delivery times. Basically when I was sleeping they were working. Do people actually tip their sellers, it is something that I am not used to here in Australia, you…

sometimes I wonder whether it would be easier for me to call a local (regional NSW Australia) and get the job done.

That’s entirely up to you! ☀️

Of course its up to me… I do make my own choices, but in this instance probably not the most effective one

Was recommended by a friend to use Fiverr after their incredible experience, but I am yet to experience that.

Did you ask your friend how they chose the sellers/gigs they had a great experience with, that might help?

Was recommended by a friend to use Fiverr after their incredible experience, but I am yet to experience that.

Did you ask your friend how they chose the sellers/gigs they had a great experience with, that might help?

No I did not, but that it is a great suggestion, I think what frustrates me the most is it is work that I am proficient in but time poor.

No I did not, but that it is a great suggestion, I think what frustrates me the most is it is work that I am proficient in but time poor.

I see, then perhaps try that, and another suggestion - of course it may not apply - when you contact sellers who seem proficient in what they offer, it’s a good idea to avoid writing things like “it’s an easy job”, “it will take only x minutes”, “I could easily do it myself”,…

See yourself in the seller’s place and imagine people contacting you like that, you probably can see how that’s very frustrating for the sellers and some of us react allergic to it 😉 and it may lead to the good sellers being too busy to take your job, as they usually don’t have to take every job offered to them.

As I said, this might not apply to you at all 🙂 but we all here get that sometimes, so some buyers happening to read this might find it helpful for managing to find good sellers.

Of course, its fine to say you work in field x yourself, or you are a/n x yourself or such, but I think you see what I mean.

Archived