Opinions from Sellers Please? How about this idea for working with buyers?

hotwebideas

oldbittygrandma said: However, having this kind of button would be for me, as a buyer, a major turnoff. I'm the buyer. Don't put something in my way that would make me more inclined to say "no".

That's not a problem. You are a superseller and that status is hard to come by for most sellers, so I realize that you know what you are talking about. Everyone runs their business their way and you have a big grip on Fiverr, so any time you disagree with my ideas, I want to know. You won't get arguments from me. I won't tell you to say you've slept with 2,000 men either, but now that you mentioned it, I am curious if any of your buyers requested that. LOL

Most of my suggestions are for what I see from other sellers, but I am also just one person.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously, every situation is unique but in my opinion, the more hurdles you put up for a buyer to jump over means to me, less buyers. This is one reason I would not want a “must leave a comment” before getting the order button. This would make me inclined to be less generous with my thumbs up. In any business you are expected to do something for the buyer, (person with the money) and when a seller starts to believe the buyer needs to do all of the work (jumping over hurdles), and then you will likely have less sales. Just my thoughts.

Obviously, every situation is unique but in my opinion, the more hurdles you put up for a buyer to jump over means to me, less buyers. This is one reason I would not want a “must leave a comment” before getting the order button. This would make me inclined to be less generous with my thumbs up. In any business you are expected to do something for the buyer, (person with the money) and when a seller starts to believe the buyer needs to do all of the work (jumping over hurdles), and then you will likely have less sales. Just my thoughts.

Guest integritymedia

Hi hotwebideas 🙂

I like your idea of the “Accept Order” and a “Decline Order” buttons. It’s just another choice for sellers to manage their Fiverr business. I don’t see any reason why it shouldn’t be an option. The only part that I would be unsure about is “The clock starts running if the seller selects the “Accept Order” action.” Sometimes sellers forget to check in, not even noticing orders. It’s possible they could go MIA, never to return. But the clock does start ticking when the order is made, and the buyer will get a refund when the promised time expires. Or, sellers may delay clicking the “Accept Order” to extend the time they have to work on the order. This could frustrate buyers, as they would end up waiting much longer than expected. I think it would be fair for the clock to start running when the seller has the information requested to complete the order.

Guest integritymedia

Hi hotwebideas 🙂

I like your idea of the “Accept Order” and a “Decline Order” buttons. It’s just another choice for sellers to manage their Fiverr business. I don’t see any reason why it shouldn’t be an option. The only part that I would be unsure about is “The clock starts running if the seller selects the “Accept Order” action.” Sometimes sellers forget to check in, not even noticing orders. It’s possible they could go MIA, never to return. But the clock does start ticking when the order is made, and the buyer will get a refund when the promised time expires. Or, sellers may delay clicking the “Accept Order” to extend the time they have to work on the order. This could frustrate buyers, as they would end up waiting much longer than expected. I think it would be fair for the clock to start running when the seller has the information requested to complete the order.

Guest integritymedia

Hi hotwebideas 🙂

Guest integritymedia

Hi hotwebideas 🙂

Guest integritymedia

Hi hotwebideas 🙂

Guest integritymedia

Reply to @hotwebideas:

I think Fiverr operations are automated to a great extent. In an instance where a seller doesn’t deliver in time, it triggers the system. It offers a refund process. But if the clock didn’t start running until the seller clicks “Accept Order”, a non-responsive seller wouldn’t be identified by the system as easily. Instead, there would be more buyers contacting live customer service for help. Unless they wanted to program in a deadline for accepting or declining orders?

I’m sure you’re right about it more often being the buyer that doesn’t respond. It’s hard to understand why buyers spend time to search Fiverr, find the perfect offer, pay for it…then disappear. 🙂

Guest integritymedia

Reply to @hotwebideas:

I think Fiverr operations are automated to a great extent. In an instance where a seller doesn’t deliver in time, it triggers the system. It offers a refund process. But if the clock didn’t start running until the seller clicks “Accept Order”, a non-responsive seller wouldn’t be identified by the system as easily. Instead, there would be more buyers contacting live customer service for help. Unless they wanted to program in a deadline for accepting or declining orders?

I’m sure you’re right about it more often being the buyer that doesn’t respond. It’s hard to understand why buyers spend time to search Fiverr, find the perfect offer, pay for it…then disappear. 🙂

Guest integritymedia

Reply to @hotwebideas:

Guest integritymedia

Reply to @hotwebideas:

Archived