Sellers Beware! ****** Law Firm Abusing Content Writers

newspoet

I did what I agreed to do. She described her entire web content idea. I said, why don’t we start with 500 words for X dollars. I made a Custom Order stating I would deliver 500 words of optimized content in 48 hours for X dollars. She sends a comment “Can we do 1000 words for X dollars more?” When I didn’t respond immediately, she accepts the initial Custom Offer with a comment that “in the interest of time” we’ll start with the 500 words. I delivered 500 words of her content plan well within 48 hours, and she comments on it as if she were trying on clothes, tries to convince me that I did not prioritize what to do first the way she would have, but she really needs this other page done, so I am suppose to do it for free. I sent her the modified Custom Order for the 1000 words and she declines nastily, saying she wanted that done in the first place, but thanks anyway, as if she is not going to pay for what I sent.

It’s possible that you could have been more specific in your comments to her when she accepted the offer, or sent her a custom extra for the additional 500 words.

You can send her another offer for the additional 500 words she wants (but make is prohibitively expensive) and politely tell her that you will be happy to do another 500 words for the additional fee.

It sounds like you did that already. I would simply do as I said and resend it to her forever without further comments or replies.

We can’t make everyone happy and this is a case of her needing to stop hitting the revision button and let it go.

I might have immediately cancelled her order and sent an offer for the entire 1000 words she wanted. There was a big red flag there in her comment to you when she accepted the offer.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s possible that you could have been more specific in your comments to her when she accepted the offer, or sent her a custom extra for the additional 500 words.

You can send her another offer for the additional 500 words she wants (but make is prohibitively expensive) and politely tell her that you will be happy to do another 500 words for the additional fee.

It sounds like you did that already. I would simply do as I said and resend it to her forever without further comments or replies.

We can’t make everyone happy and this is a case of her needing to stop hitting the revision button and let it go.

I might have immediately cancelled her order and sent an offer for the entire 1000 words she wanted. There was a big red flag there in her comment to you when she accepted the offer.

I did not see this coming or I would have nailed down the specificity a little better. She came off in the beginning as if she was going to be easy to work with. I have had many clients who started with a small order and built on from there. Her suggestion for 1000 words was doable, and I could have completed her needs for that, but she didn’t want to make that deal in the end. I don’t get it. I have enough positive reviews to make her comments about me not being able to write laughable. Plus, she admitted to doing this to another seller. You think CS would want to do something about this, especially since her account was opened in Feb 2018 and probably consists of two orders now that she has refused to pay.

I did not see this coming or I would have nailed down the specificity a little better. She came off in the beginning as if she was going to be easy to work with. I have had many clients who started with a small order and built on from there. Her suggestion for 1000 words was doable, and I could have completed her needs for that, but she didn’t want to make that deal in the end. I don’t get it. I have enough positive reviews to make her comments about me not being able to write laughable. Plus, she admitted to doing this to another seller. You think CS would want to do something about this, especially since her account was opened in Feb 2018 and probably consists of two orders now that she has refused to pay.

Have you been dealing with just one customer service person this whole time?

You can request that someone else takes a look at it. Be very brief when talking to CS and very professional and polite.

Have you been dealing with just one customer service person this whole time?

You can request that someone else takes a look at it. Be very brief when talking to CS and very professional and polite.

I’ve had three different CS persons on the thread. It is frustrating because their responses seem canned, like they aren’t even reading the conversation between me and the buyer.

I’ve had three different CS persons on the thread. It is frustrating because their responses seem canned, like they aren’t even reading the conversation between me and the buyer.

Ok then since they won’t help resolve it and you did your best it’s all up to her how she deals with this as your job is done. Never would I give her a refund under any circumstances.

Ok then since they won’t help resolve it and you did your best it’s all up to her how she deals with this as your job is done. Never would I give her a refund under any circumstances.

Yeah they are not going to help: “Sorry for the inconvenience, however, as explained, we simply are unable of forcing buyers into accepting the work if they are unsatisfied, for any possible reason that might be so it is on you to persuade them into accept to work on revisions or to cancel the order partially. I’m afraid there is no other solution.”

Yeah they are not going to help: “Sorry for the inconvenience, however, as explained, we simply are unable of forcing buyers into accepting the work if they are unsatisfied, for any possible reason that might be so it is on you to persuade them into accept to work on revisions or to cancel the order partially. I’m afraid there is no other solution.”

She has to accept it or complain to CS or write a bad review. Those are her choices. How many times has she hit the revision button?

She has to accept it or complain to CS or write a bad review. Those are her choices. How many times has she hit the revision button?

Seven. Plus she declined a modification and she claims she has already complained to CS. She alternates between wanting me to “finish the job” and telling me I’m not a writer and my stuff is unusable.

Seven. Plus she declined a modification and she claims she has already complained to CS. She alternates between wanting me to “finish the job” and telling me I’m not a writer and my stuff is unusable.

She alternates between wanting me to “finish the job” and telling me I’m not a writer

The alternate repetition of conflicting statements is one of the most classic elements of the verbal manipulation techniques. It’s aimed to hinder the ability to decide.

So it’s pure harassment to get you to cancel the order.

So it’s pure harassment to get you to cancel the order.

As Customer Support has refused to enforce their own Terms of Service on this buyer, I decided to offer to write the additional content she claimed was a priority if she would stop blocking the completion of the order. Of course, she readily agreed. When asked how long this section needed to be, she said 500 words should be sufficient. So the buyer who wrote:

“Your content is not good enough to even be used for my website, so I will be writing my whole website.”

is now getting (and happily accepting) 1000 words for the price she agreed to for 500 words. Thanks, Fiverr. Enjoy your 20% cut.

we simply have no means of forcing buyers into accepting the order they are not satisfied with,

That’s strange considering the Terms of Service say that a buyer cannot simply refuse to pay if they didn’t like what they got, as long as you did what your gig said you would.

What’s also strange is the number of times CS has told me there was absolutely no means to do something only to turn around and do it when they decided it was in their best interest.

How do you know she won’t still refuse to accept it?

I don’t. But with a more concrete agreement in writing and evidence of my trying to resolve the situation, perhaps CS will do something if she keeps abusing the platform at that point. You know they are lying about not having the means to do something; I refuse to believe they are incapable of enforcing their own terms of service. Besides, if she rejects the order again, she ruins her whole moral high ground argument she is trying to make, about how I made a deal in bad faith, etc. etc…

I’ll keep you updated…

I don’t. But with a more concrete agreement in writing and evidence of my trying to resolve the situation, perhaps CS will do something if she keeps abusing the platform at that point. You know they are lying about not having the means to do something; I refuse to believe they are incapable of enforcing their own terms of service. Besides, if she rejects the order again, she ruins her whole moral high ground argument she is trying to make, about how I made a deal in bad faith, etc. etc…

I’ll keep you updated…

She obviously only cares about getting over on you. I think she enjoys this.

I wouldn’t be surprised if she tried to keep the game going even after this.

Please keep us informed about how it goes from here.

Also I wouldn’t mind seeing what you wrote if you are willing to send it to me.

Is she refusing to pay an extra $10?

You have two choices, which are that you can politely refuse to do more work for her since you delivered what was promised, or you can continue to do forced labor for a blackmailer.

Do not give her a refund. Do not allow yourself to be bullied into doing more work.

This requires some instant ability to do firm professional customer relations with her on your part and tell her no you will not do extra work, nor will you be pressured by her abusing the revision button.

You can send this to customer support just as you told it here and say she is abusing the revision button to get more work out of you for free and they may close the order for you.

I pray CS support him on this if the order is canceled you will be penalized for it, decreased completed rate. I will advise you ask your buyer what she really wants, follow her up professionally, try to let her know what you can do and not do. If you have really followed your gig description to the letter, list it out to her and if you can help her little bit… just do. So that this won’t bounce back on. Good luck bro!

I pray CS support him on this if the order is canceled you will be penalized for it, decreased completed rate. I will advise you ask your buyer what she really wants, follow her up professionally, try to let her know what you can do and not do. If you have really followed your gig description to the letter, list it out to her and if you can help her little bit… just do. So that this won’t bounce back on. Good luck bro!

I swallowed my pride and was able to satisfy the client by doubling the quantity of words originally offered. I also promised to nail down the expectations in the beginning should she decide to work with me again. I satisfied the customer and completed the order (I think), but the buyer did get more than what was offered by refusing to complete the order using the “Request Revisions” button seven times to coerce me into writing additional content. I could have continued to deliver over and over until someone forgot to push a button or resolve the issue. As the order was not a $5 order, I still was paid reasonably well (at least on this platform) for the 1000 words I wrote. This story it seems will have a decent ending, but definitely no thanks to CS, who patronized and lied to me about their inability to enforce their own terms of service on the buyer and stop her from abusing the “Request Revisions” button to repeatedly bully and blackmail me into delivering more than was agreed upon.

I swallowed my pride and was able to satisfy the client by doubling the quantity of words originally offered. I also promised to nail down the expectations in the beginning should she decide to work with me again. I satisfied the customer and completed the order (I think), but the buyer did get more than what was offered by refusing to complete the order using the “Request Revisions” button seven times to coerce me into writing additional content. I could have continued to deliver over and over until someone forgot to push a button or resolve the issue. As the order was not a $5 order, I still was paid reasonably well (at least on this platform) for the 1000 words I wrote. This story it seems will have a decent ending, but definitely no thanks to CS, who patronized and lied to me about their inability to enforce their own terms of service on the buyer and stop her from abusing the “Request Revisions” button to repeatedly bully and blackmail me into delivering more than was agreed upon.

What a terrible ordeal you had. Hopefully you find ways to avoid this kind of situation again.

You have two choices, which are that you can politely refuse to do more work for her since you delivered what was promised, or you can continue to do forced labor for a blackmailer.

Do not give her a refund. Do not allow yourself to be bullied into doing more work.

This requires some instant ability to do firm professional customer relations with her on your part and tell her no you will not do extra work, nor will you be pressured by her abusing the revision button.

You can send this to customer support just as you told it here and say she is abusing the revision button to get more work out of you for free and they may close the order for you.

Do not give her a refund.

I tried that, but Fiverr barred me from withdrawing my earnings! I had to cancel a big order because the CS is always on the Buyer’s side and they will not listen to anything that you say.

So, I canceled and moved on. Buyer got the entire work for free and I did not do the extra she wanted for free.

I am on my own here on Fiverr. No help from the CS - but that is the norm, I guess! No worries…

I also promised to nail down the expectations in the beginning should she decide to work with me again.

Why would you want to work with her again?

I also promised to nail down the expectations in the beginning should she decide to work with me again.

Why would you want to work with her again?

I’m not saying I would, but unless I’m mistaken, I don’t have a choice. I was also trying to make nice and avoid the inevitable 1-star review. If I can convince a client not to burn bridges with a bad review, it’s a good thing.

I’m not saying I would, but unless I’m mistaken, I don’t have a choice. I was also trying to make nice and avoid the inevitable 1-star review. If I can convince a client not to burn bridges with a bad review, it’s a good thing.

If she wants to buy from you again, you can nicely tell her that you don’t think that you’re a good match for her needs, and that you’re sure that she’d be much happier with another seller.

If she wants to buy from you again, you can nicely tell her that you don’t think that you’re a good match for her needs, and that you’re sure that she’d be much happier with another seller.

This client is going to do exactly what she wants regardless of what I tell her. But I’m sure if the experience was miserable enough for her, she won’t be ordering again. If she does, I’m sure nothing I say would dissuade her. Besides, if I can walk away with one less person in the world that hates me, I’ll take it. 🙂

This client is going to do exactly what she wants regardless of what I tell her. But I’m sure if the experience was miserable enough for her, she won’t be ordering again. If she does, I’m sure nothing I say would dissuade her. Besides, if I can walk away with one less person in the world that hates me, I’ll take it. 🙂

If she orders after you told her not to order from you, you can report her for harassment, plus cancel the order.

Cancellations are risky now, but if the choice is between a cancellation and allowing someone to bully you, I know what I’d choose. 🙂

Archived