Fiverr Should charge less commission on big orders

any logical reason?

Apart from the obvious? You’re wanting to pay less in commission.

Well, I was expecting some logical answer rather than arguing. If the fiverr has to use more managing resources for bigger order then its completely fine but if the processing for bigger and smaller is same then my point come into play.

Guest offlinehelpers

Well, I was expecting some logical answer rather than arguing. If the fiverr has to use more managing resources for bigger order then its completely fine but if the processing for bigger and smaller is same then my point come into play.

Well, I was expecting some logical answer rather than arguing.

Why? You’re expecting sellers of smaller value gigs to prop yours up by paying more and you don’t think any of us would disagree with your suggestion?

First, do you think it takes $1 per user to cover all the cost? (transaction fees, staff, utilities, users without any sales etc)
A considerable amount of their income comes from the bigger orders. That’s why Fiverr works their ass off to get you bigger orders. More money for you and them. Win-Win 🙂
However, you want to pay less because it’s too hard to improve your services to charge more 🙂

Secondly, reducing commision from 20% to 10% would require a significantly higher % on smaller orders. Let me paint a really simplified picture 🙂
Right now if they get $5 x 100 and $100 x 10 then the total commission is $300
If you reduce it to 10% then the total would be $200. It’s $100 less so where do you think they will get this back? One way would be charging 40% on $5 orders. Another option would be increasing the volume by 2 times. Even if you do it in steps for multiple price ranges, it would still be an increase for smaller orders.

You won’t grow your userbase of buyers 2 times overnight and how do you think $5 gig sellers would feel about 40% commission to justify reduced % for you? Heck, why not reduce it for orders > $1000 so that your orders would get a higher % right now 😉

Look at it from Fiverr’s POV. Which is easier, to grow your userbase 2 times or help your existing buyers improve their service to charge more?

If you’re not happy with the 20% then you have quite a few options

• Set up your own business and cut out the middleman who provides you the tools
  • Raise your prices. If your service is worth it then you’ll get it, if not then your service is not good enough or your target audience is not on Fiverr.

Putting more weight on smaller gigs is not the solution here. And that’s exactly what you’re suggesting even though you don’t realize it because you think $1 per user keeps Fiverr running

I am not saying to charge nothing on bigger orders. I just wanted to say just reduce commission on bigger ones. That was my point.

I am not saying to charge nothing on bigger orders. I just wanted to say just reduce commission on bigger ones. That was my point.

You have yet to present a reasonable argument for that other than your basic position of “I like money”. It makes no sense.

Yeah right. But for 1200 jobs they need to process bank transaction for 1200 times but for 20 jobs they will process bank transaction for 20 times. I am talking about resources that come into action when order starts.

There is huge difference between processing of 1200 jobs and 20 jobs. that’s the point i wanted to say. Charge less on bigger orders.

Yeah right. But for 1200 jobs they need to process bank transaction for 1200 times but for 20 jobs they will process bank transaction for 20 times. I am talking about resources that come into action when order starts.

There is huge difference between processing of 1200 jobs and 20 jobs. that’s the point i wanted to say. Charge less on bigger orders.

But the processing fees are paid by the buyer separately and they are reduced for them when the price goes over $20 so this rationale does not stack up!

I would be in favor of commissions being reduced once a certain monthly total had been reached. eg. 20% for the first $2000 and then 5-10% for the rest as some platforms do but it is not dependent on the size of individual orders.

As a seller of higher value gigs, I know that I get better value for the money I am paid as I only have one client, one delivery, one series of messages to deal with for a $500 order whereas someone with 100x$5 orders has to deal with 100 different people. You save time on this so just make use of it and you will get the benefit like it is a reduced percentage.

It would be great if fiverr charges 10% comission from repeat buyer who already spent more than $500 (like on another famous website U****k)

It would be great if fiverr charges 10% comission from repeat buyer who already spent more than $500 (like on another famous website U****k)

Personally, I don’t want Fiverr to be like the other “famous websites”. Fiverr is different. Fiverr is unique. Let’s keep it that way.

Archived