When proposed gig title "contains illegal values", please tell us what the illegal values are

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Just spent 20 minutes looking for illegal characters only to eventually figure that Fiverr’s own Numbered List button generates illegal characters (a full stop).

Why on earth do they supply a layout feature that is illegal to use?

I’m already going bald, I don’t need new reasons to pull my hair out.

Matt.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am not sure if this is the case in Fiverr, but many sites that use databases prevent the use of various characters because the titles are also operands. I have heard that if you allow characters used for programming, a sneaky person might introduce a piece of script (something like DBCC CHECKIDENT(‘Customer’, RESEED, 0) in the title when entering which might reseeed an entire database, and that is something they want to avoid.

Similarly, certain values in Sharepoint Lists and Access Databases also are blocked (like %,& and $ for similar reasons I guess).

Guest ricksper

It’s because Fiverr has chosen (for some unknown reason) to use the Gig’s title as the filename. Filenames can’t contain characters designated as illegal because they are used by the OS for other purposes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, i’m seller on fiverr since last 9 months. My gig in C#/asp.net is not showing in list since last 3, to 4 days also i’m not getting any orders now.I was in 4th postion in Programming $tech category in C#/Asp.net (Desktop applications) category. Kindly tell me what should i do now.

Hi, i’m seller on fiverr since last 9 months. My gig in C#/asp.net is not showing in list since last 3, to 4 days also i’m not getting any orders now.I was in 4th postion in Programming $tech category in C#/Asp.net (Desktop applications) category. Kindly tell me what should i do now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest hardikparsania

fiverr is not allowing to write php and css in title of gig…please help me to fox this problem…

Archived