When proposed gig title "contains illegal values", please tell us what the illegal values are

Guest tn5rr2012

I know that it happened to me in the begiining and it was because of grammatical notations like " quotes ’ apostrophes - hyphens and & symbols

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
Guest jorgenpoulsen

Has anybody figured out how to find out which characters are illegal when you get the illegal character warning for your title?

• 2 months later...

Mainly the other characters other than letters, numbers, and punctuations blocks the gig from being saved. Fiverr says “illegal values in the title” but when I edited the title, still it says illegal values but when I edited the description with parenthesis the gig went through.

So fiverr has the mistake of placing the error as illegal values in the title rather than illegal values in the description as well.

After a baker’s dozen worth of tries by process of elimination (and not having the privilege of reading this thread first) I managed to find the 1 offending character that was causing the nasty error, the reason we are all here in the first place, the almighty $$$…

In my 3rd gig extra I wanted to offer a download which I sell for $5 more elsewhere. So, in the description, towards the end, I added a simple: Save $5

It’s better than ‘Save a fiverr’ as it is 6 characters longer and takes up some of that valuable 100 character space. Apparently it is illegal to show the dollar sign, we can only talk about it!?! I spent a long time just scratching my head trying to figure out what illegal character was present in the title when all along it was in the gig extra that the error was located. Someone was asleep at the wheel when that error was written me thinks.

Oh the webs we weave…

Stefan

@mrbargain

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Reply to @madmoo: I know that some char like ( and [ are not allowed; but you need to know that in the past they were!! I used them in my gig title… then I had brilliant idea to change it and couldn’t revert 😦

As you say, better knowing than guessing… but I add better having an updated list and an announce when it’s changed than guessing 🙂

• 1 month later...

Archived