Help needed...Buyer trying to steal

devsmeexpert

You should better cancel order or talk your customer that you are going to give him/her more revisions for his/her satisfaction

him/her more revisions for his/her satisfaction

Sorry, but this in this case the worst advice to give. It’s like helping the burglar carrying your 50" flat screen to his truck.

There are lots of fraud scammer buyer in fiverr. So stay avoid from them and cancel the order mutually otherwise they can give you a negative feedback. And a negative feedback can destroy your freelancing career. So my suggestion will be just cancel the order.

Have a good day.

Happy freelancing.

There are lots of fraud scammer buyer in fiverr.

For this reason I’m very reluctant to accept any order from a buyer I don’t have a history of doing business with.

I have given him the refund…He took the work and have robbed me of my money…thank you everyone for your support…

I have given him the refund…He took the work and have robbed me of my money…thank you everyone for your support…

As much as I hate to say this, he didn’t take your work, nor did he rob you of anything – you willingly GAVE him your work for free, by cancelling the order, and giving him his money back.

As much as I hate to say this, he didn’t take your work, nor did he rob you of anything – you willingly GAVE him your work for free, by cancelling the order, and giving him his money back.

If I would have not refunded the amount he was going to give a negative ratings and secondly he was not accepting the work even. Please go over the thread. He after taking the work asked for the revision and when i agreed on the revision he said he does not want the work. He wants refund. I did not willingly gave him the work, I did not had any other choice…

I like your work and i see you are helping a lot of people here.

I think that was smart move and the only way to deal these things. If buyer keeps adding extra work then i think it’s good to cancel the gig.

You reply seems like there is another way. Can you explain it?

also it happened to me and buyer asked for new project in the same gig.

BTW i did that and then he asked for another. I tell him that it’s not allowed here to change your project and you did that twice.

He told me that he wants to cancel this gig. he wants refund.

I told him he can do what he thinks best for him and i will ask fiverr support team so we have someone in between us.

He said yes and at the end he use “F” word.

I showed fiverr support some screenshots of these messages where he asked for new project in same gig not even ones but twice but unfortunately i didn’t get any help. It was like deal with it kinda stuff.

Sorry for long message 🙂

If I would have not refunded the amount he was going to give a negative ratings and secondly he was not accepting the work even. Please go over the thread. He after taking the work asked for the revision and when i agreed on the revision he said he does not want the work. He wants refund. I did not willingly gave him the work, I did not had any other choice…

You always have a choice. It is not his fault, that you gave him his money back, and let him keep your work for free. You CHOSE to take that action. It may have been the safer course of action in that situation, and it may have prohibited him from leaving you a negative review, but he did not take your work without your permission, nor did he rob you of your money. You voluntarily gave it back to him. Nothing is stolen that is freely given.

My point is, he may have been a challenging buyer, but let’s not vilify him for things he did not do. You let him keep your work for free, and you chose to give him a refund. That was your choice; he accepted what you chose to give him. You had the choice to say “no”, stand firm, defend your work, and keep the money that you had rightly earned, but you chose not to do that.

You are a freelancer. Your work has value. Don’t be afraid to defend the quality of what you do. The buyer is NOT always right. The terms of your service are what determine what is appropriate within a contractual agreement. If you refund a buyer every time they try to take advantage of you, then the buyer wins, and you won’t make any profit.

Sometimes principle is more important than letting a demanding buyer have everything that he wants. You did the work. You should get paid for it.

You always have a choice. It is not his fault, that you gave him his money back, and let him keep your work for free. You CHOSE to take that action. It may have been the safer course of action in that situation, and it may have prohibited him from leaving you a negative review, but he did not take your work without your permission, nor did he rob you of your money. You voluntarily gave it back to him. Nothing is stolen that is freely given.

My point is, he may have been a challenging buyer, but let’s not vilify him for things he did not do. You let him keep your work for free, and you chose to give him a refund. That was your choice; he accepted what you chose to give him. You had the choice to say “no”, stand firm, defend your work, and keep the money that you had rightly earned, but you chose not to do that.

You are a freelancer. Your work has value. Don’t be afraid to defend the quality of what you do. The buyer is NOT always right. The terms of your service are what determine what is appropriate within a contractual agreement. If you refund a buyer every time they try to take advantage of you, then the buyer wins, and you won’t make any profit.

Sometimes principle is more important than letting a demanding buyer have everything that he wants. You did the work. You should get paid for it.

Now I get the point you are making and you’re absolutely right.

If you really ask me, you should not refund at any cost, because good or bad, you have worked hard on your project and you deserve to get paid.
So what if you will get a negative rating? Take it as a learning. If required, improve your skills so that this situation may not arise in future.
If you feel you were completely right, then you can anyways express your viewpoint in the review for the buyer.
This way, new buyers will surely take note of the situation. Few may be repelled by your rating, but many would actually decide based on their judgement as well as the value of your gig that you bring to the table…
Point is…Don’t just be rating oriented…TRUST your work…TRUST yourself, that you can win, inspite of it!

There are lots of fraud scammer buyer in fiverr. They told you do so many revision and when they will get their service then message you “they don’t like it”, “refund me” etc. That means they want free service here. And if you reject to give him/her refund then they will give you a negative review. So stay avoid from them and cancel the order mutually otherwise they can give you a negative feedback. And a negative feedback can destroy your freelancing career. So my suggestion will be just cancel the order.
Have a good day.
Happy freelancing.

Guest offlinehelpers

There are lots of fraud scammer buyer in fiverr. They told you do so many revision and when they will get their service then message you “they don’t like it”, “refund me” etc. That means they want free service here. And if you reject to give him/her refund then they will give you a negative review. So stay avoid from them and cancel the order mutually otherwise they can give you a negative feedback. And a negative feedback can destroy your freelancing career. So my suggestion will be just cancel the order.

Have a good day.

Happy freelancing.

Gosh, you make freelancing on Fiverr sound like so much fun! 😉

You must have been very unlucky to have had so many bad experiences in your few weeks on Fiverr - strange, since you don’t seem to have had any reviews.

I’m still of the opinion that the majority of Fiverr buyers, and sellers, are decent people. Like any other setting, you’ll get the odd bad apple, but it seems unfair of you to criticise buyers on Fiverr when it would seem you have little direct experience of them. It’s always better to give the benefit of the doubt!

Good luck! 🙂

Archived