5 years on fiverr, NO SALE

clevadani

5 Years on a freelancing site? That seems you are wasting time i mean to say there are always another space you can get yourself fit in.
See i believe fiverr is about Dedication and maybe you’re lacking that,Copying people’s stuff wont help you untill you reach the point where your dream fiverrer is standing. You simply cannot take his position in search results just by copying his tags, Sometimes it about hardwork and a better concentration.
If you really feel upset about this and if Fiverr is not working in your favour there might be other things that you can put your efforts in.
I do freelancing because i suck so much in regular jobs 😃 Perhaps you can do better in real life

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you seriously think you are at a dead end here, then this chat is not going to be worth it. Because out here, we all are sellers like you, fighting it day in and day out, to carve a niche for ourselves. If you want to succeed, you need to overcome the tendency to quit and stop looking it as your last chance.

Try and take all the suggestions mentioned in this thread positively and avoid the taunts. If others have succeeded, nothing prevents you from succeeding too, but your own shortcomings and the lack of will to improve.

So cheer up, chit chat here, but do start working on improving your profile, avoid looking for shortcuts and be positive. And even then if you don’t succeed, take a break, and come back again…it helps. But never ever quit!!

Most of the times…“The First step is the most difficult”.

Thank you for your advice. I really don’t want to quit, but then what can I do.

I’ve no idea why some people are overtly mean when they are in a position to help. It’s difficult to understand.

I’ve already started implementing some of the advice I’ve gotten today. Thanks

Thank you for your advice. I really don’t want to quit, but then what can I do.

I’ve no idea why some people are overtly mean when they are in a position to help. It’s difficult to understand.

I’ve already started implementing some of the advice I’ve gotten today. Thanks

I think it’s because you admitted having copied other people’s gigs - many of us sellers have had a lot of trouble with other sellers trying to copy our gigs, and seeing someone who did that admitting it openly in public is kind of like new territory, and not the good kind of territory.

Did you know that I’ve lost sales because of some copycats who copied my gig and mislead my regular customers? My regular customers thought that they ordered my gig, but instead ordered a copycat’s gig instead, resulting in a bad experience and in me losing those regular customers forever - and because of what? Because of someone who copied my gig, our gigs.

So the reason why people might be overly mean in the current context is because of this exact reason - we have had too many people copy our gigs, forcing us to lose time to report them and to seek for others who were doing so, so it doesn’t really come natural for the people on the forum to help someone who admits having done such a thing - would you help someone who had or may have copied your gig? 🙂

I’m not trying to make anyone feel uncomfortable here, I’m just trying to explain from my perspective why people are so reticent about helping you after you admitted copying other people’s gigs, that’s all 😉

I would recommend to learn first how to make a good sales copy an also to create videos to explain how you will benefit the buyers.

Also, I only checked one gig and it sounded really unrealistic - $5 for a website is not cheap, nor the best deal on earth for any buyer, but it’s an easy way to click the x button or hit the back button…

You need to be realistic with your offers and explain really clear what you do.

If you have not made money in 5 years, it’s something that you need to fix on your side, not on Fiverr.

Hope this motivates you to learn more!

I think it’s because you admitted having copied other people’s gigs - many of us sellers have had a lot of trouble with other sellers trying to copy our gigs, and seeing someone who did that admitting it openly in public is kind of like new territory, and not the good kind of territory.

Did you know that I’ve lost sales because of some copycats who copied my gig and mislead my regular customers? My regular customers thought that they ordered my gig, but instead ordered a copycat’s gig instead, resulting in a bad experience and in me losing those regular customers forever - and because of what? Because of someone who copied my gig, our gigs.

So the reason why people might be overly mean in the current context is because of this exact reason - we have had too many people copy our gigs, forcing us to lose time to report them and to seek for others who were doing so, so it doesn’t really come natural for the people on the forum to help someone who admits having done such a thing - would you help someone who had or may have copied your gig? 🙂

I’m not trying to make anyone feel uncomfortable here, I’m just trying to explain from my perspective why people are so reticent about helping you after you admitted copying other people’s gigs, that’s all 😉

After being on fiverr for sometime without any success, I can say I got desperate to make even just one sale. My intention is never to mislead anybody. I just want to work and get feedback for my services.

After being on fiverr for sometime without any success, I can say I got desperate to make even just one sale. My intention is never to mislead anybody. I just want to work and get feedback for my services.

My intention is never to mislead anybody.

While I really do believe that, buyers are easily mislead when they see the same gig multiple times - most will pick one randomly, ending up ordering the non-original gig. The original gig sellers will see that as misleading, even if it wasn’t intentional…

After being on fiverr for sometime without any success, I can say I got desperate to make even just one sale.

Well, imagine how desperate I was when I suddenly stopped getting any sales and my bank closed my account for not having money to pay my bills, having to loan money from my sister and her family to keep my family alive - still, it never even crossed my mind to copy another seller’s gigs 😉

I would recommend to learn first how to make a good sales copy an also to create videos to explain how you will benefit the buyers.

Also, I only checked one gig and it sounded really unrealistic - $5 for a website is not cheap, nor the best deal on earth for any buyer, but it’s an easy way to click the x button or hit the back button…

You need to be realistic with your offers and explain really clear what you do.

If you have not made money in 5 years, it’s something that you need to fix on your side, not on Fiverr.

Hope this motivates you to learn more!

Yes, I admit that a website for 5 bucks is very unrealistic, but when everyone above you is offering the same service for the same price, I felt I had no choice. And people have always told me to start small no matter how small.

Your advice does motivates me. Thanks for the tip.

Hi m8,

I feel your pain and I had been in the same situation like you. It took me 9 months working day and night to withdraw my first funds from Fiverr.

I will keep it short as possible what helped me and what I did.

Basically, what I did was following:

I searched for top ranked providers in my category and I literally offered twice the better service for a very small fee
I created gig images that are easily read from thumbnail view
I kept scouting the competition’s offer to always top them and offer more and most importantly better quality
I offered and am still offering services which other providers don’t offer and I always make sure that my client’s get all the answers they need

I would recommend you to do the same since from what I can see on your profile there is a room for improvment. There is an area of improvment on my profile too, but atm I have regular clients and new ones which keep coming so I am good, for now, lol 😃 Needless to say, this will not be an easy task, but you will be rewarded for your hard work if you work honestly and if you have business ethics.

Keep in mind that you will need to work harder and more diligent unlike you would if you would get hired by a company.

What drives me forward is the ability to grow personally, to establish good communication and long term commitment to my clients and an opportunity to tailor my free time.

Also, don’t forget that this is a business so be sure to take everything into account, like paying taxes and other duties imposed by your own country.

I hope I helped a bit 🙂

@clevadani also, you may want to know that Union Institute & University (where you graduated from last year) doesn’t have a Bachelor of Computer Science degree. They only have business management, business administration, child and adolescent behavior, early childhood studies, criminal justice management, elementary education, emergency services management, exceptional student education, maternal child health, organizational leadership, psychology, social work and secondary education.

things like this are easily found. Buyers will not like being fooled.

Again, why aren’t you just honest about your education, experience, location, etc?

@clevadani also, you may want to know that Union Institute & University (where you graduated from last year) doesn’t have a Bachelor of Computer Science degree. They only have business management, business administration, child and adolescent behavior, early childhood studies, criminal justice management, elementary education, emergency services management, exceptional student education, maternal child health, organizational leadership, psychology, social work and secondary education.

things like this are easily found. Buyers will not like being fooled.

Again, why aren’t you just honest about your education, experience, location, etc?

Like I said, I opened it in 2012 when I had no skills and had no idea what it was. I haven’t really made many changes to it since then. I think the location is probably due to my ISP. I don’t really know why it says US.

Like I said, I opened it in 2012 when I had no skills and had no idea what it was. I haven’t really made many changes to it since then. I think the location is probably due to my ISP. I don’t really know why it says US.

I suggest you to contact customer support and delete this account and do a new beginning from scratch.

so you opened it and filled all that out in 2012 yet it stated that you graduated in 2017 from that university.

Hmmm so you knew in 2012 to put a four year fake degree taking five years?

I don’t buy it.

You may think I’m being mean but I’m trying to point out how a BUYER will see you. Faking gigs, education, location, photo… anything and everything. If you scam that much, how much are you going to scam the order? Buyers don’t like that.

Many suggestion have got from expert seller and these will help you lot to improve. I also learn t a lot. Thanks

so you opened it and filled all that out in 2012 yet it stated that you graduated in 2017 from that university.

Hmmm so you knew in 2012 to put a four year fake degree taking five years?

I don’t buy it.

You may think I’m being mean but I’m trying to point out how a BUYER will see you. Faking gigs, education, location, photo… anything and everything. If you scam that much, how much are you going to scam the order? Buyers don’t like that.

Very well said…Agree with you.

“You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.”

My intention is never to mislead anybody.

While I really do believe that, buyers are easily mislead when they see the same gig multiple times - most will pick one randomly, ending up ordering the non-original gig. The original gig sellers will see that as misleading, even if it wasn’t intentional…

After being on fiverr for sometime without any success, I can say I got desperate to make even just one sale.

Well, imagine how desperate I was when I suddenly stopped getting any sales and my bank closed my account for not having money to pay my bills, having to loan money from my sister and her family to keep my family alive - still, it never even crossed my mind to copy another seller’s gigs 😉

Well, imagine how desperate I was when I suddenly stopped getting any sales and my bank closed my account for not having money to pay my bills, having to loan money from my sister and her family to keep my family alive - still, it never even crossed my mind to copy another seller’s gigs

Really Woofy? Would never think that given how cheerful you are all the time. When did this happen?

Well, imagine how desperate I was when I suddenly stopped getting any sales and my bank closed my account for not having money to pay my bills, having to loan money from my sister and her family to keep my family alive - still, it never even crossed my mind to copy another seller’s gigs

Really Woofy? Would never think that given how cheerful you are all the time. When did this happen?

Well, the forum has proven itself a refuge to me, like a mini-world where I feel safe; being cheerful here is kind of my way of coping with real life problems, that “negation” state if you will - or maybe I’m just trying to escape from them 🙂

It happened last year, and back then it was the first time in 6 years when I had reached $0 in my balance with no more sales (besides day 1 on Fiverr) - and it almost happened again this year, too, you know, the “algorithm” and stuff 😛

I think, you should remove this account now…and create a new one to not get the sympathy from anyone.Then change everything…like your profile pic, gig description (only 120 words), only one sale package…etc…and forget everything.

It is my personal experience…I got my 1st order when I did not log-in for months after creating my account(I was busy somewhere else)…Believe me, only luck or unique tricks work here.

Enjoy your life…dont waste your time in waiting, waiting and waiting…May be you are the luckiest one by not experiencing something bad like few other sellers. 🙂

I get the feeling perhaps you simply don’t understand what you are doing wrong.
After so many people have pointed out your mistakes ( those people are NOT attacking you or being mean, they are only pointing out the facts…which could help you if you were willing to take them seriously), you are still using images taken from the internet.
People are saying that you copied the gig description etc, but did you even proofread the
description after you copied them? In one gig it says “Dear sir or ma.” Ouch.

At this point I think it’s best if you close your account.
I’m not saying you should never use Fiverr. I think it’s best if you go out and do some research on how business works, and once you get a clear idea, you can come back and start again.

Not much to say except that last year a seller came on the forum with a question much like yours and got answers much like yours. That person listened to the advice and made the necessary changes. I have followed the progress of that seller … and do you know what? They are now getting sales and doing well. Good luck! 🙂

Posting on this forum has been one of the best decisions I’ve made in recent times. Thanks for all your suggestions and I would definitely be implementing them. Heck, I have even started implementing them. After my difficulty getting clients, I took some really bad decisions that I regret now. And I moved to correct them asap.
Thanks once all. Wish y’all success in your various niches.

5 years - one sale! Exceptionally Exceptional!
I know people are giving valuable tips here!
but But my Opinion is THIS ACCOUNT has been CURSED, Delete this account , make a new one! give a Fresh start! might change your luck!

At the end of the day, Freelancing all about chance and Luck! you tried lots of things, try my one too!

Getting one sale in 5 years. also give a bad impression , thats why maybe buyer dont order your gig! Start Again , I believe this will work for you!

Archived