🍀 Seller's Notes on Controlling your Anger when dealing with Trouble Buyers 👺

woofy31

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That´s no guitar but a makiwara in my pic up there ^ 😉

If you´re referring to my profile pic, I wouldn´t call myself a guitarist, I reserve that word for pros. 🙂

I’m amazed by how many homes have a guitar just standing there, serving as a piece of furniture 😃

Well, I do play, just not well enough to earn the title guitarist, I think. My main instrument is a different string instrument, it doesn´t stand around just like that, leaned against a cold outer wall though, it gets babied. I’m cruel to my guitars. I have two of those even to stand or lay around my home. 😛

Oh hey, @woofy31 we forgot to nail Zeeshan down on his discobot thread ‘promise’, but look!

Looks great, Zeeshan, looks like some place I´d like to be atm too, river or sea?

Oh my goodness, how did I not see his image? Oh, I now, it’s because @miiila blinded me with her own fabulous pic 😍

Guest discobot

We won! Of course, we owe it to our beloved

@discobot quote please. Thanks.

🗨️ A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer. — Bruce Lee

🗨️ A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer. — Bruce Lee

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.” — Bruce Lee

Woah. That’s deeper than the deepest (still undiscovered) parts of my brain! Hopefully spammers won’t start now asking foolish questions to thank themselves later and get the “Wise” badge 😄

Guest discobot

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.” — Bruce Lee

Woah. That’s deeper than the deepest (still undiscovered) parts of my brain! Hopefully spammers won’t start now asking foolish questions to thank themselves later and get the “Wise” badge 😄

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Back on topic then, shall we?

I just realized that, in the past, when a buyer would ask for the world with just $5, without even considering the idea of upgrading, I would request a mutual cancellation since I wouldn’t & couldn’t deal with that kind of a demand, and in the cancellation reason I would have said something like “buyer expects too much for just $5”, subtly putting an emphasis on “just” to try and educate the buyer that they can’t just come and ask people to make them rich for $5.

While writing such a reason made me feel a bit better in the heat of the moment, in the long run it made me feel annoyed, angry, for in my mind I had implicitly made a gloomy-statistic regarding these specific buyers.

I’ve recently come to the conclusion that the private buyer feedback feature actually has its weird positive role of keeping my sanity as a seller in good standing. How? Well, we all know that the buyer can write a lot of nasty unfair things there, right? So why would I even want to incite a buyer to do that?

I now write impartial/neutral things like “I couldn’t help the buyer based on his requirements.”, which don’t incite them at leaving bad private feedback as they’ll think I am the one apologizing, and by doing so I also got rid of that in-brain statistic, making me quickly forget and rid myself of these momentarily-unpleasant situations, hence my sanity remains 🍏 .

My cancellations up to now, apart from one, where a buyer didn´t need my gig anymore, were all ‘buyer ordered wrong number of multiples accidentally’ and one order the buyer placed during the infamous Amazon Outage and got stuck so he cancelled, but those buyers immediately reordered, so I wasn´t concerned about any bad private feedbacks in those cases.

I rather needed to control my anger about such cancellations counting against our ratings since the policy change, so the anger wasn´t directed at the buyers (who often don´t know a thing about all those ratings and their impact or even that we have a countdown timer with hours, minutes, even seconds, ticking while they tell us ‘take your time’ and all) but more against ‘the system’. 😉

My personal anger control management is something I was taught and that works well for me, asking myself 'Will it matter tomorrow? In a week? A month? A year?.. Puts a lot of things into perspective. 🙂

My cancellations up to now, apart from one, where a buyer didn´t need my gig anymore, were all ‘buyer ordered wrong number of multiples accidentally’ and one order the buyer placed during the infamous Amazon Outage and got stuck so he cancelled, but those buyers immediately reordered, so I wasn´t concerned about any bad private feedbacks in those cases.

I rather needed to control my anger about such cancellations counting against our ratings since the policy change, so the anger wasn´t directed at the buyers (who often don´t know a thing about all those ratings and their impact or even that we have a countdown timer with hours, minutes, even seconds, ticking while they tell us ‘take your time’ and all) but more against ‘the system’. 😉

My personal anger control management is something I was taught and that works well for me, asking myself 'Will it matter tomorrow? In a week? A month? A year?.. Puts a lot of things into perspective. 🙂

'Will it matter tomorrow? In a week? A month? A year?.. Puts a lot of things into perspective. 🙂

Thank you for sharing your method of dealing with anger - it’s a perfect idea! (I was going to say “can’t wait to try it out”, but I realized how wrong it was to say that in this context 😃 )

Guest discobot

I’ll let Discobot decide. 😄

Tell us Disco is Zeeshan a good guy?

@discobot fortune

🔮 As I see it, yes

Archived