New Buyer only after Communication

Hi all, I just wanted to say hello and that I LOVE THIS PLACE - just started my own business and what you can get on Fiverr is phenomenal.

I’ve been amazed at the quality of Gig’s on here and from a buyer’s perspective and pretty much from my life’s perspective every and I mean every problem / conflict / issue always arises if the communication is poor.

This of course is from both sides, but I am learning as I go through things, so what is clear to me now wasn’t at the start, so all I would ask is for some understanding from people in the know to us mere mortals who don’t understand revisions / source / png or what you can’t turn logo’s into a 3D animation for $5 !

Cheers - Andrew.

Hi and welcome, Andrew! 🙂

You´re certainly right with communication being huge, and a reminder to cut back on the academese, or rather fiverrese, here and there, can´t hurt. I´ve been explaining a few of fiverr’s workings to a new buyer, new to fiverr that is, recently, and it´s certainly a lot of things at once, there´s a high learning curve for us all as we start out, seller and buyer alike.

Anyway, 🍀

The following is what Fiverr describes as “Revisions” and is taken from the Fiverr Terms of Service (which you should read through to get an idea of how things work here).

Buyers may use the “Request Revisions” feature located on the Order page while an order is marked as Delivered if the delivered materials do not match the seller’s description on their Gig page or they do not match the requirements sent to the seller at the beginning of the order process.

Regarding source/png, I have invited a couple of people who may know to respond as these are not my area of expertise.

To Sellers reading this. @andrewhankin is, like myself, a buyer who knows all about his business but little about the specifics of yours. The vast majority of buyers on Fiverr are like this. If you can show that you know what you are talking about, it will vastly improve the chances of you getting orders and being seen as professional. So when you are asked questions or you see someone on the forum asking questions, take 2 minutes and share your knowledge - it helps them and it will likely help you!

Revisions : A modification to the delivery. (But note that some seller might mention what they modify when asked. For ex- A logo designer having unlimited revisions but 1 logo version in the package may or may not revise the delivery if you ask for another complete new logo design.)

Source file : It is the file that allows you to modify the finished result by yourself using the program used by the seller.

PNG : It is a common image format that is widely used to provide images/stuffs with transparent backgrounds.

Welcome to Fiverr! 🙂
I think @taverr pretty much covered what I would have told you, PNG is great if it’s for a logo
so the finished image could be used on any background color.

As for revisions/modifications, this does depend on the person, in my mind a modification for
example is changing a color/size in a small area, but if you have to redraw a whole section and the buyer asks for something that is completely different from the original idea, that would require another gig. I mention in my description that revisions are given once for free ONLY IF I misunderstood or make a mistake, and asking for something different does not count.

For logos I usually send them rough sketches ( like 3 or 4) and let the buyer decide.
Once the buyer chooses a rough sketch, then I take that and draw a more cleaner line drawing, then show that. Once I get the approval, I move onto the final step.

I hope this helps!

Thanks everyone, most helpful.

One final question if I may, apologies I can’t find it anywhere in the T’s and C’s, if I receive a Gig which has say Lego or Minions on it am I right to assume that the correct permissions have been obtained so I can use them on my website etc? Cheers.

Thanks everyone, most helpful.

One final question if I may, apologies I can’t find it anywhere in the T’s and C’s, if I receive a Gig which has say Lego or Minions on it am I right to assume that the correct permissions have been obtained so I can use them on my website etc? Cheers.

Erm…most probably no.

Minions gigs and comparable things exist because fiverr didn´t spot them yet among the millions of gigs and because whoever holds the rights doesn´t really mind ‘hey, free advertising for us’, but I´d doubt the sellers have the correct permissions.

They could decide on any given day that they do mind though, and come for your website, so better keep away from it.

Unless you meant that in an ironic way, then, yes, you got it.

Erm…most probably no.

Minions gigs and comparable things exist because fiverr didn´t spot them yet among the millions of gigs and because whoever holds the rights doesn´t really mind ‘hey, free advertising for us’, but I´d doubt the sellers have the correct permissions.

They could decide on any given day that they do mind though, and come for your website, so better keep away from it.

Unless you meant that in an ironic way, then, yes, you got it.

Not ironic, I’ve bought both Minion and Lego!

Oooh, well, then I guess you could ask the sellers if they have the correct permissions to use it and can prove it to be sure; my guess is that they can´t, which would leave you with asking Lego and Minions guys if they mind or just using it and hoping for the best, i. e. that you´re not doing anything with it on your website that Lego or Minions right holders would mind…or/and ask Customer Support what they say to this.

I’ve sent a message asking the guy - I also found this on FAQ’s

favicon.icoFiverr Forum default-apple-touch-icon.png

Video Animation - Licencse Question for comercial use!

Hi, i have a question according to the fantastic video animation gigs on fiverr, for example Christmass or New Year Gigs. I am a little bit confused and can not find an answer at the faq page ! If I buy a christmass intro animation for one...

Interesting reading - I think the short answer is no-one really knows.

I’ve sent a message asking the guy - I also found this on FAQ’s

favicon.icoFiverr Forum default-apple-touch-icon.png

Video Animation - Licencse Question for comercial use!

Hi, i have a question according to the fantastic video animation gigs on fiverr, for example Christmass or New Year Gigs. I am a little bit confused and can not find an answer at the faq page ! If I buy a christmass intro animation for one...

Interesting reading - I think the short answer is no-one really knows.

And the long answer might be no-one really wants to know 😉

Hope you´ll get an answer that holds water.

Archived