Moderators and other popular posters gone?

zoe_21

Will Madmoo, OldBittyGrandma be returning to this forum?

Only seen OzzieUK, Bachas85 and Kevinwil names here of late

Will Vedmark and SeeMyDeath be returning to post/comment here?

Only seen MusicLover posting

In my view this forum has changed in its tone since I first joined Fiverr as a buyer

Will have to wait and see what the revamped Fiverr Forum brings suppose :-B

OldBitty left Fiverr to start her own landscaping business I believe, Ved and SeeMy can stay outta here, they are forum viruses. I have also noticed a few top sellers who either closed their fiverr account or paused their gigs indefinitely. Their timing was impeccable.

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

Oldbitty went on hiatus to help the hubby with a landscaping biz…correction Dtong it says it on her Fiverr. She’s one of the few TRS I know who don’t go on vacation and just stay gone holding their spot. She is taking orders but only from regular customers or she will take the entire ETA to finish. I admire her enthusiasm to pursue other business ventures.

Guest mrspanda

Yes, I was wondering the same thing about OBG… I miss her. 😦

zoe_21 said: Will Vedmark and SeeMyDeath be returning to post/comment here?

Honestly, all they ever did was complain about how 'fiverr was terrible.' I hope they find something bigger and better to do-- or something bigger and better to complain about.

Lol, Zoe I was wondering the same thing. I miss how vibrant the forum use to be. It was about good people helping others. The tone has definitely different. Even my own attitude has changed wthin the past month. But we gotta keep pushing on and ban together. 🙂

-Nakita

Hi

I will admit I’m not about as much Posting on the forum it’s been a busy summer for me so far and my time has been restricted plus I enjoy grabbing some British sun which we don’t see too often.

Keep talking guys.

Oz

I was wondering about OBG and MadMoo too. I’ve got to admit though that I’m not that bothered about Vedmak or Seemydeath not being here. The forum was getting annoying, depressing and venomous with some of their posts.

I think the summer months are the busiest for some businesses though and if people aren’t working, they’re enjoying the weather; especially in Britain!

I will be the first to admit that I’ve retreated to lurking around in the forums because the tone of many posts has changed significantly since Fiverr V2.

I know the new system is not perfect, but they have improved many things. I agree Top Rated Sellers should get attention for all their hard work, but they too were new at one point. If Fiverr does not encourage its new sellers and give them exposure as well, the vitality of the marketplace will fail.

Not everyone can be at the top of the search all the time. And I am confident they will continue to improve the process. Imagine if we all spent 1/5 of the energy promoting our Fiverr gigs elsewhere rather than complaining about how the new system doesn’t benefit us directly.

And congrats, @madmoo! I encourage people to go find her photo series on Facebook - it’s awesome.

Just my .02 - 🙂

Guest matt_garry

see my death and vedmak did complain a lot, it is funny though they mentioned how the TRS got it made and they were always featured on the top same gigs and how it was unfair. now finally new peeps are on the top and everyone else is complaining…

Guest tn5rr2012

I have to say that I was a moderator but backed out because I became involved in some other things and also the forum seemed to turn into a “check or collect my collection” I became very disenchanted by many things on this forum in the front of the building and the back of the building. I helped with the Beta V2 release and really happy with the changes that have happened with Fiverr. The forum seems to have changed pace with the change over and this is a good thing

@ Madmoo

Becoming a grandma? That’s great news!

I also found your FB page and admire your challenge. By the time you blink, you’ve completed your 365 goal!

Do miss your postings and keeping order though.

@ dtongsports and @ cust0mcr3ationz

Thanks for the update with OldBittyGrandma. Sure do wish her well in her latest endeavours.

@ aingham69 and @ mrspanda

Glad to see I wasn’t the only one wondering what has happened to some of the pioneers of Fiverr forum!

@ matt_garry

Agree!

Queried SeeMyDeath and Vedmak as *popular* because they were the only ones whose comments (good or bad) were noticeable and ‘different’ from the repetitive posts such as collect my gigs or why not levelled up yet etc etc. Now, since V2, there’s a new set of repetitive questions and SeeMyDeath and Vedmak imitators posting to a lesser degree. (My opinion)

They sure did make the forum ‘interesting’ for a while though me thinks.

@ MusicLover

I mentioned you because can see by your regular postings that you’re still dedicated and flying the old Fiverr flag and was here posting when I found out about the forum in Nov 2012. Many posters (some who use to give me a good chuckle with their comments) have come and gone and some of the originators don’t post as much as you.

Perhaps you’ll get your wish and be a moderator in the revised forum!

Interesting that others have noticed the forum tone change too. There’s affiliate links, external links and content that stay longer that wouldn’t be allowed previously. (I think some external links have been ‘approved’ as they haven’t been removed so far?) Even fragglerock allows them to stay! X_X Also noticed website links (not Flicker or YouTube) in profiles and contact details in gig images.

Maybe a prelude to the new Fiverr forum, where affiliate and website links will be allowed. Just my opinion. Have to wait and see if I’m correct. :-B

Reply to @zoe_21: Yeah, I think the links are still live because CS are super busy and there’s virtually no moderators to monitor the forum as tight as it once was. I seriously doubt Fiverr will ever allow outside links because it drives traffic away. I just seen a profile where the seller had his web address in it and the site had a contact form which violates the TOS, so I reported him to CS and they removed the link. If he adds it again, then I would suggest they get banned because they’re clearly violating the terms intentionally. I’m still heavily active on Fiverr for now. 🙂

-Nakita

Guest matt_garry

Reply to @markp: Ya it was very disappointing when they got rid of the top ten I was getting close… I viewed it as a reward for helping all the new sellers learn the ropes.

Archived