Do Buyers Patronize Africans

charles20bc

Hello people, I am wondering whether buyers patronize Africans and if they do what kind of gigs do they buy.

@charles20bc , Buyers are buyers, theres no difference.You must not be intimidated or feel infiror because you are from Africa. What matters is the skill sets that you have, and that’s what buyers are looking for. Can you deliver a service that i need? If you can then let’s work and you deliver work 100% , we both happy weather African or Antactican. Create your gigs and market them and start getting orders. Switch off the African mindset of feeling sorry or apologetic about doing good to yourself. To answer you i say NO, all my buyers are not Africans so far since i started, but i market my services to everyone. That alone tells me Africans are not patronized on Fiverr!

@charles20bc , Buyers are buyers, theres no difference.You must not be intimidated or feel infiror because you are from Africa. What matters is the skill sets that you have, and that’s what buyers are looking for. Can you deliver a service that i need? If you can then let’s work and you deliver work 100% , we both happy weather African or Antactican. Create your gigs and market them and start getting orders. Switch off the African mindset of feeling sorry or apologetic about doing good to yourself. To answer you i say NO, all my buyers are not Africans so far since i started, but i market my services to everyone. That alone tells me Africans are not patronized on Fiverr!

Actually, the poster is addressing a real concern… racism. Yes, it exists everywhere, even the internet. Personally, I deplore people who are racist, (intentional pun intended for fellow American voters). I have worked with every African-American who has contacted me.

However, I’m not keen on working with any Buyer that comes from a country (laughable to think they can fake this) that practices a business culture different from my own. The percentage of times it results in a loss for me is too great for me to ignore.

I bought from a seller in Kenya recently, got great work and will buy again. The communication was good, the profile was honest and the seller provided something I needed. Of course people will buy from Africans or anyone else.

Some people will not buy from certain places due to xenophobia and others are actually just “racist” I suppose, but there are plenty more who are open. It’s your own attitude and willingness to learn global business practices that makes the biggest difference. I’d suggest spending less time observing and more time marketing. Good luck!

Thanks guys for all the effort you used in addressing this issue, as stated by @matureactress racism exist everywhere. When I mentioned that I have noticed this on fiverr I wasn’t joking, my friend conducted a test and found it to be true. He had two accounts one Nigerian and the other US, he offers the same service on both with the same format, even in buyer request he uses the same offer, people tend to buy his gigs on the US account more than the original one.

I think some buyers tend to buy gigs on some services base on regions, for example, the US = tech and web designing, the Indians = assignment and essay writing, Africans = research and web design…

I came on this forum to get unbiased answers, and I got it. I will not be intimidated because of where am offering my services from, I will stand up tall and work hard on my gigs to please my buyers…

Thank you, thank you. 😎

Thanks guys for all the effort you used in addressing this issue, as stated by @matureactress racism exist everywhere. When I mentioned that I have noticed this on fiverr I wasn’t joking, my friend conducted a test and found it to be true. He had two accounts one Nigerian and the other US, he offers the same service on both with the same format, even in buyer request he uses the same offer, people tend to buy his gigs on the US account more than the original one.

I think some buyers tend to buy gigs on some services base on regions, for example, the US = tech and web designing, the Indians = assignment and essay writing, Africans = research and web design…

I came on this forum to get unbiased answers, and I got it. I will not be intimidated because of where am offering my services from, I will stand up tall and work hard on my gigs to please my buyers…

Thank you, thank you. 😎

I think some buyers tend to buy gigs on some services base on regions

It is the other way round. Sellers offer services based on the most successful people they see in their community. Whenever any person achieves great heights in any field, the people from his native ethnicity look to him as an inspiration and try to emulate him (notice how the interest in any sport peaks after a person from said country wins an Olympic).

However, I do agree that there is a pattern in what gigs people offer based on nationality. I’ve seen a disproportionate number of (highly successful) photo retouching gigs from Sri Lanka and logo design gigs from Indonesia. Maybe it is a reflection of the skillset their national education policy and domestic economy is promoting based on the kind of workforce their nation needs. (Graphic design is to Indonesia what software engineering is to India)

the US = tech and web designing, the Indians = assignment and essay writing

Ahem ahem. I am a living example of the reverse. And, although I have been contacted by college kids to do their programming assignments, I turned them down.

Archived